Has God Set Appointments With Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
Does God have specific and appointed days in which He chooses to interact, work on behalf of, and bless mankind? I know He is available everyday; however did He establish memorial days that should be seen like anniversaries and future significant events dates. I believe that God set up an appointment system and that He still keeps His appointments with mankind. The appointed times offer greater revelations in regards to the character and intentions of God towards His people and mankind. I believe that God established these appointments with His Holy Festival Days. These days are called Mow`ed (Moads) in the Hebrew and mean appointed time, appointed meeting, and appointed sign or signal. Let’s establish that the Holy Festivals Days belong to the Lord. God owns the Festivals not Moses or the physical nation of Israel. They were not created or instituted by mankind. Mankind would have no knowledge of them if God would not have introduced them to us. They are not owned or productions of Moses'. God wanted to put His adopted people in the know of His works and intentions towards mankind. So, the Lord instituted the observance of the Feasts and commanded His people and the stranger in the land to participate in them. Here are few examples of such commands. Le 23:2 - "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: "The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts. Le 23:4 -"These are the feasts of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times. NKJV Lev 23:4 'These are the appointed times of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at the times appointed for them. KJV Strongs (The Hebrew word for feast is Mow`ed which means appointed time, meeting) Here is what He is expecting on these dates.Holy Convocation (Miqra') a calling together - a mandatory public assembly of worshipers towards Yahweh When did God really establish His appointed dates?God established His appointments with mankind before He created us. His appointments supersede both the first and second marriage covenants with Israel. He has done little in regards to the salvation of man outside of His appointed days. Ge 1:14 - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years (Seasons in Hebrew does not mean seasons such winter or fall but Mow`ed-appointed time, meeting) This is the same word used for the Appointed Feasts, hence they are one in the same. There one must conclude that the appointment are permanent in their establishment and mandate towards His people. Lets see how God has kept His appointments.Lu 22:15 - Then He said to them, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; (Jesus kept the Passover appointment by being our Passover Lamb) 1Co 5:8 - Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (Christians told to keep the feast with new type of unleavened bread. This is the day that Christ took away our sins.) 1Co 15:20 - But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. (This is the day that Jesus was resurrected as the First Fruit) Ac 2:1 - When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. (This is the day the Holy Spirit kept its appointed promise to indwell mankind and write Torah in His heart) Ac 20:16 - For Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus, so that he would not have to spend time in Asia; for he was hurrying to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the Day of Pentecost. (Paul endeavored to keep the Holy Festivals despite his doom being prophesied) This leaves us with three missing appointment dates that have yet to lead to significant events taking place. Does God have appointments set for us in the future? Have the appointments taken place and I have missed them? When will the Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacle reveal themselves? When will we know what God has in store for us at these appointments? What concerning in God's intentions and works will be brought out of the shadows concerning Jesus?We are commanded by Jesus to watch for His appearing. I believe we are watching for one of His appointed dates.

Thomas D

Nov 27, 2007
Yes; God has set appointments with us. His weekly Sabbath is such a time and so are His annual Feast Days/Holy Days.If you don't keep these appointments, it's your bad!You think paying the dentist for not showing up is expensive;waite till you have to explain to God why you didn't keep your appointments with Him.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Thomas D;54174)
Yes; God has set appointments with us. His weekly Sabbath is such a time and so are His annual Feast Days/Holy Days.If you don't keep these appointments, it's your bad!You think paying the dentist for not showing up is expensive;waite till you have to explain to God why you didn't keep your appointments with Him.
Matthew 12:8 - For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.Mark 2:28 - Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.Luke 6:5 - And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.The Sabbath Day is not a day of the week. Why?Colossians 2:16 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:As long I have Rest in Christ, I am fine.

Thomas D

Nov 27, 2007
After quoting Christ's claim that He is Lord of the Sabbath; which makes Him the owner of the the Sabbath; which makes the Sabbath, literally, the Lord's Day; how can you misunderstand Col 2?Col.2:14-16 Some people turn to Paul’s writings to try to do away with God’s precious Law, but is that what Paul taught? Not even close.Let’s look at two of the scriptures they use to prove this heresy and see if that is indeed what Paul says.You might want to consider these things that Paul said, and ask yourself, did the man who wrote these words; then try to do away with God’s Law?1) Ro. 8:7 Because the carnal mind (a mind without God’s Spirit) is enmity against (or is hostile toward God;) for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, (or because that is true) those who are in the flesh (without God’s Spirit) cannot please God.2) Ro. 7:12Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.3) Ro. 2:13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.4) Ro. 7:22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.5) 1Cor. 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.Does anyone really think, That This Paul, tried to do away with God’s Law?Col. 2:14 is one verse people love to use to try to say that Paul did away with God’s Law. We need to understand what this verse is really talking about.The Romans nailed two things to the cross 1) They nailed Jesus to the cross. 2) They nailed a sign stating that He was the king of the Jews to the cross. (i.e. the charge against Him) But Paul says, (figuratively) that “the handwriting of requirements that was against us” was also nailed to the cross. This is the only place in the NT that these Greek words (handwriting of requirements) are used. This is a legal document, hand written by the criminal, stating the charges against him, (in our case the charge is that we have sinned; Ro. 3:23) and the debt that he owes. (our debt or penalty is death; Ro. 6:23.) This is what was nailed to the cross, not God’s Law. Read “Friberg Lexicon” and also “Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words” for a further explanation. “The New Living Translation” makes it much clearer. Col. 2:14“He canceled the record that contained the charges against us. He took it and destroyed it by nailing it to the cross.” Col. 2:16 is another scripture some people try to use to prove that Paul did away with God’s Law. But does it? Col. 2:16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival, (or feast day) or new moons. What is Paul talking about here? Let’s read what he says. In verse 8 he warns us not to be fooled by the traditions of men. Verses 20, 22 warn us not to be subject to the rules of this world and commandments of men. Col. 2 is actually a condemnation of acetic human philosophy. This is not a discussion of whether or not God’s laws are binding on Christians.The church in Colosse was in the mist of a pagan gentile country. There is no question here of whether they were keeping God’s laws; rather they are being warned not to be influenced by the people around them. They are not being told to dismiss God’s Law. They were being encouraged to keep on keeping God’s Law in the mist of these worldly influences. If one wants to dismiss God’s Law in their life they are free to do so, but they need to base it on human philosophy. They can’t use these scriptures to do it!