Hashem (the Lord) sends Hasham (the Lord) into the world.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a study to help people in the various Hebraic style movements to learn of Christ and who He really is. There seems to be a trend to deny the deity of Jesus Christ...and this because of a legalistic view of God and His covenants that would negate that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. I seek to remedy that error by scriptural proof...using the Hebrew words to prove it.

For those who wish to participate and are unfamiliar with the Hebrew...the word Hashem means "the Name" and is used rather than the 4 letters of the tetragrammaton or YHVH...actually יהוה All other Hebraicisms will be clarified as well. :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Zech. 2:8 For thus says the Lord of hosts: “He sent Me after the glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. 9 For surely I will shake My hand against them, and they shall become spoil for their servants. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me.

10 “Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” says the Lord. 11 “Many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and they shall become My people. And I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you.

Who sent the Lord of hosts? The Lord of hosts did.

In both cases the Lord who sends and the Lord who is sent is יהוה

Is this a great mystery? It changes everything.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This statement in Zech. 2: 8 ...after the glory... (from the above post...also in green) refers to Jesus' statement in John 17:5 "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."

So then after the glory...the Lord (the Father) sends the Lord (His Son) into the world...to rescue it from the clutches of death and to bring it back to it's place in glory...to the glory of God and His Son.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is another..

Mal. 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

Read this carefully...

The messenger is John the Baptist. The "messenger of the covenant" is Jesus Himself, whom we delight in.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And another...

Zech 10:12 And I will strengthen them in the Lord; and they shall walk up and down in his name, saith the Lord.

The blue is God the father and the red is God the Son. In both cases the word Lord is translated from the Hebrew word... יהוה

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a NT reference to an OT statement about the divinity of Jesus.

Heb. 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

The writer of Hebrews says that God calls Jesus God. Let's look at that OT reference...

Ps. 45:6 Thy throne, O God, ( אלהים ) is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God ( אלהים ) , thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

So then Elohim is the God of Elohim.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a NT reference to an OT statement about the divinity of Jesus.

Heb. 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

The writer of Hebrews says that God calls Jesus God. Let's look at that OT reference...

Ps. 45:6 Thy throne, O God, ( אלהים ) is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God ( אלהים ) , thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

So then Elohim is the God of Elohim.
Episkopos:

(Heb 1:8) But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

The earliest Hebrew/ Aramaic languages did not make any distinction between ‘GOD’ or ‘god.’ Also, their text was all caps with no punctuation or spaces.

The word “God’ was used liberally by early believers. It was a title for authorities, esteemed people, rulers, or who acts in the service of God’s authority.

Hebrews 1:8 like other verses uses the word “theos: that does not always mean the Father.

The Septuagint uses “theos” for God, and also for men like in Psalm 82:1 and 6.

The context decides what “GOD” refers to. Throughout the entire context Hebrews Chapter 1, Christ is spoken of as the son and not God as his own Father. The use of “theos” in Verse 8 should be translated “god.”

The expression ‘for ever and ever’ means for the ages or ages to come with a definite end point in sequential time. It is for a limited time.

Now look at the entire Verse 8 in a very wide lens. Why would God our Father need a ‘new’ kingdom of believers with a scepter of righteousness. God does not need approval or justification with a scepter of righteousness.

(1Co 15:24) Then comes the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father, when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
(1Co 15:25) For he must reign until He has put all his enemies under his feet.
(1Co 15:26) The last enemy that shall be abolished is death. (NEV)

Jesus will have his Kingdom of believers that his Father promised as a part of the plan of salvation that God formulated before time. Later Jesus will return this Kingdom to his Father. Jesus is given the authority to put all enemies under his feet by his Father.

(Psa 45:6) Your throne, God, is forever and ever. A sceptre of equity is the sceptre of your kingdom.
(Psa 45:7) You have loved righteousness, and hated wickedness; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. (NEV)

And finally, Psalms 45:7 clearly defines that Jesus is subordinate to his Father. The early Hebrew did have both words as 'GOD' although it was up to us to make sense of all the Capitals - Jesus is never God Almighty. I guess folks are determined to keep trying to force a square block into a smaller holed block.

Bless you,

APAK

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The context decides what “GOD” refers to. Throughout the entire context Hebrews Chapter 1, Christ is spoken of as the son and not God as his own Father. The use of “theos” in Verse 8 should be translated “god.”
APAK,

You should know by now that what you have stated above is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

There are no other gods except the one true God. All pagan *gods* are demons and worshipped as idols. Paul makes this perfectly clear in the Bible, and the Bible itself tells us that the sacrifices offered to idols are in fact offered to demons (devils).

Which leaves you with absolutely no choice. Jesus is as much God (the one true God) as God the Father, and what you have attempted to do here is to wrest or twist the Scriptures.

HEBREWS 1

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
APAK,

You should know by now that what you have stated above is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

There are no other gods except the one true God. All pagan *gods* are demons and worshipped as idols. Paul makes this perfectly clear in the Bible, and the Bible itself tells us that the sacrifices offered to idols are in fact offered to demons (devils).

Which leaves you with absolutely no choice. Jesus is as much God (the one true God) as God the Father, and what you have attempted to do here is to wrest or twist the Scriptures.

HEBREWS 1

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment...

Yes, there is only one true God Enoch and not any more. I never said anything to the contrary as you keep suggesting when you keep stating Jesus is also God Almighty.

I guess you never knew that many folks in the OT were called gods and were not demons. Many were men in the service of God. Even Jesus told the Pharisees the same thing. Find the scripture if you care.

Don't shoot the messenger. You might regret it.

Be careful and really try hard to quote me and not make up things I never said or meant to say.

I would like that very much. Thank you.

I stand by my previous post 100 % that rashly responded to. I would reread it and do some research to see if I may be correct Enoch. You might be surprised.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: zipzaddle

zipzaddle

Aug 11, 2018
Västmanland County / Västerås
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
And finally, Psalms 45:7 clearly defines that Jesus is subordinate to his Father. The early Hebrew did have both words as 'GOD' although it was up to us to make sense of all the Capitals - Jesus is never God Almighty. I guess folks are determined to keep trying to force a square block into a smaller holed block.

God Almighty and Jesus His Son Easily Distinguishable in Matthew 17:5
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Reactions: APAK