Hate Is Not Welcome Here? (BLM Related)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Without this view I would have given you a like.
I have no problem with the concept and that much needs to be done in all our respective societies to redress the wrongs done through discrimination and injustice. Every society has its "second class" citizens, from Hitler's Germany in its treatment of the Jews, to Australia's treatment of its indigenous people who, in the 19th Century were hunted and killed like animals. British colonial attitudes caused discrimination and injustice to indigenous Africans, and this has caused continuing issues in African countries. New Zealand had its dark periods during the 19th Century Land Wars where whole indigenous communities were massacred and their land confiscated. African Americans were forcibly kidnapped from their own lands and forced across oceans to America as slaves, no better treated than animals. There are still deep resentments carrying on from one generation to another. These are given facts that should not be ignored.

So, black lives DO matter, along with Jewish, Aborigine, Maori, Native American, Christian in Muslim countries, and Muslims under threat by white supremacists. So, I don't oppose any efforts to redress the wrongs.

But the BLM movement, founded by three African American women who have plainly said that they are guided by the spirits of dead police shooting victims, which includes looting, violence against innocent people and police officers, and wholesale burning of business thereby robbing innocent small business owners of their hard-earned livelihoods, is a movement founded on the hate that the controlling demonic spirits are inspiring in the founders and those who are closely involved with them.

Reactions: K9Buck

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess that hating the police, business owners and innocent members of the public through the looting and violence done by their members is not part of their equation of hate. Most intelligent people would call that gross hypocrisy.
Hate as to the police ? well by rights everyone hates the police in some way, even the police hate other cops and the system on some points.

So I think the word hate is not or may not be that bad a thing but to despise entirely maybe what some hold as to such things.

I hate looting and such type of as violent morons who are a pain, I can't stand criminals but I hate being policed for petty things like speeding maybe where it's got nothing to do with safety at all but is just revenue collecting dogs, but maybe it's correct to call that despising a point about some issue in regards to cops, political, you name it.

Having a issue with a subject is fine to be able to express yourself about such things, not to mention to do such in a respectable way.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most people are not racist. Those that are will not change their opinions because of an organisation like BLM. All live matter - no exception. Making such a big issue out of it just brings it more to the fore. The more publicity it gets the more it seems to grow. We have it in football over here. They made an issue of it. It got worse not better.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BLM is already making noise about how Biden has let them down for performance.

They are setting the stage for more demonstrations and riots.

They are a MARXIST organization that promotes Marxism.

Soon enough they will get targeted as a domestic terrorist/seditious organization and be dismantled...their benefactor stripped of money and banished.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem with the concept and that much needs to be done in all our respective societies to redress the wrongs done through discrimination and injustice. Every society has its "second class" citizens, from Hitler's Germany in its treatment of the Jews, to Australia's treatment of its indigenous people who, in the 19th Century were hunted and killed like animals. British colonial attitudes caused discrimination and injustice to indigenous Africans, and this has caused continuing issues in African countries. New Zealand had its dark periods during the 19th Century Land Wars where whole indigenous communities were massacred and their land confiscated. African Americans were forcibly kidnapped from their own lands and forced across oceans to America as slaves, no better treated than animals. There are still deep resentments carrying on from one generation to another. These are given facts that should not be ignored.

So, black lives DO matter, along with Jewish, Aborigine, Maori, Native American, Christian in Muslim countries, and Muslims under threat by white supremacists. So, I don't oppose any efforts to redress the wrongs.

But the BLM movement, founded by three African American women who have plainly said that they are guided by the spirits of dead police shooting victims, which includes looting, violence against innocent people and police officers, and wholesale burning of business thereby robbing innocent small business owners of their hard-earned livelihoods, is a movement founded on the hate that the controlling demonic spirits are inspiring in the founders and those who are closely involved with them.
I have no difficulty with your historical sketch or what I believe you really are hoping to express, but in your other post your words may have been understood as a more general condemnation than you intended.

Even though some might argue that Germans were the bad guys in WWII, not every German was a Nazi and can we assume that every Nazi was absolutely evil with no hope and therefore to be despised and killed out of hand? I am reminded here of Betsy Ten Boom, the sister of Corrie [from The Hiding Place and Tramp for the Lord] a wonderful Christian Dutch lady, who died in a German concentration camp. When Corrie, in the camp as prisoner, prayed for the victims of German atrocities, Betsy prayed for the perpetrators of the atrocities. Corrie, a faithful Christian herself, had trouble understanding why. Years later when Corrie returned to Germany teaching the gospel to the Germans she encountered one of the worst guards from the concentration camp responsible for her sister's death. How do you suppose she handled that? God was with her in that encounter for the man, who had repented before God was asking for her help. He did not recognize her, but she remembered him too well.

Corrie came through that encounter an overcomer because of God, but her sister had seen the pain the guards were suffering inside and knew they needed prayer perhaps more than their victims. This, even though she was in the midst of the prison camp as one of those suffering the physical abuse inflicted by those guards!

One person at the time and one step at the time as God leads. Should we all hate Esau without knowing him? Should we hate every individual member of the BLM without knowing them? Should we presume that every Mormon, and every JW, and every Catholic, and every Baptist, and every Pentecostal, and every Democrat, is to be hated, or that we are to believe the worst about every one them because of the expressed beliefs of the group as if they were already reprobates, who had rejected God's promise? If I knew every rule or guideline or stated purpose of a group, such as the BLM and they were all evil, should I purpose it in my heart to kill them all on sight? When I really have the mind of God on every thing then perhaps I can hate Esau because I know what God knew... but I do not hate Esau or the Nazis or the Democrats or the BLM. Perhaps I have not expressed this well, but hopefully you understand.

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:" Luke 6:37

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:17-19

Reactions: Paul Christensen

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no difficulty with your historical sketch or what I believe you really are hoping to express, but in your other post your words may have been understood as a more general condemnation than you intended.

Even though some might argue that Germans were the bad guys in WWII, not every German was a Nazi and can we assume that every Nazi was absolutely evil with no hope and therefore to be despised and killed out of hand? I am reminded here of Betsy Ten Boom, the sister of Corrie [from The Hiding Place and Tramp for the Lord] a wonderful Christian Dutch lady, who died in a German concentration camp. When Corrie, in the camp as prisoner, prayed for the victims of German atrocities, Betsy prayed for the perpetrators of the atrocities. Corrie, a faithful Christian herself, had trouble understanding why. Years later when Corrie returned to Germany teaching the gospel to the Germans she encountered one of the worst guards from the concentration camp responsible for her sister's death. How do you suppose she handled that? God was with her in that encounter for the man, who had repented before God was asking for her help. He did not recognize her, but she remembered him too well.

Corrie came through that encounter an overcomer because of God, but her sister had seen the pain the guards were suffering inside and knew they needed prayer perhaps more than their victims. This, even though she was in the midst of the prison camp as one of those suffering the physical abuse inflicted by those guards!

One person at the time and one step at the time as God leads. Should we all hate Esau without knowing him? Should we hate every individual member of the BLM without knowing them? Should we presume that every Mormon, and every JW, and every Catholic, and every Baptist, and every Pentecostal, and every Democrat, is to be hated, or that we are to believe the worst about every one them because of the expressed beliefs of the group as if they were already reprobates, who had rejected God's promise? If I knew every rule or guideline or stated purpose of a group, such as the BLM and they were all evil, should I purpose it in my heart to kill them all on sight? When I really have the mind of God on every thing then perhaps I can hate Esau because I know what God knew... but I do not hate Esau or the Nazis or the Democrats or the BLM. Perhaps I have not expressed this well, but hopefully you understand.

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:" Luke 6:37

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:17-19

I thought that @Paul Christensen meant that anyone who willfully, and knowingly supports BLM with their hateful agenda, does not have the Spirit of God within them. That assessment seems pretty evident, and reasonable . . . if not spot-on. I can't imagine PC disagreeing with much, if anything, of what you've written. Are you sure you're not judging PC's intentions as you charge him with such?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that @Paul Christensen meant that anyone who willfully, and knowingly supports BLM with their hateful agenda, does not have the Spirit of God within them. That assessment seems pretty evident, and reasonable . . . if not spot-on. I can't imagine PC disagreeing with much, if anything, of what you've written. Are you sure you're not judging PC's intentions as you charge him with such?
No I am not judging his intentions, but rather hoping that he will be very careful with his words so that his intentions are not misunderstood. His word hit me the wrong way, which is why I responded at all...but then again I am perhaps oversensitive about any general attack against a person because he happens to be member of a group with questionable rules or doctrines.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I am not judging his intentions, but rather hoping that he will be very careful with his words so that his intentions are not misunderstood. His word hit me the wrong way, which is why I responded at all...but then again I am perhaps oversensitive about any general attack against a person because he happens to be a member of a group with questionable rules or doctrines.

As a Spiritually Circumcised Christian, I generally have no problems with a person laying down charges against me. Why? Because my fellow brothers and sisters are commanded to test the Spirit that is within me. Sometimes it is painful; other times it is not. But as maturity in Christ builds, I find judgment towards, or even against me, as something to be entertained. Truly, we shouldn't be concerned when others falsely misjudge us. Even if I am falsely judged, this, too, is an opportunity to express my Faith in God, just as David expressed his Faith in the Lord as he and his faithful followers were verbally, and even physically assaulted by Shimei.

1 John 4:1 HNV - "Beloved, don't believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Here is a portion of the story of David and Shimei, of which I know you are familiar. For those who are not aware of this story, we should be.

2 Samuel 16:5-7, 9-12 NKJV - "Now when King David came to Bahurim, there was a man from the family of the house of Saul, whose name [was] Shimei the son of Gera, coming from there. He came out, cursing continuously as he came. 6 And he threw stones at David and at all the servants of King David. And all the people and all the mighty men [were] on his right hand and on his left. 7 Also Shimei said thus when he cursed: "Come out! Come out! You bloodthirsty man, you rogue! ... 9 Then Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Please, let me go over and take off his head!" 10 But the king said, "What have I to do with you, you sons of Zeruiah? So let him curse, because the LORD has said to him, 'Curse David.' Who then shall say, 'Why have you done so?' " 11 And David said to Abishai and all his servants, "See how my son who came from my own body seeks my life. How much more now [may this] Benjamite? Let him alone, and let him curse; for so the LORD has ordered him. 12 "It may be that the LORD will look on my affliction, and that the LORD will repay me with good for his cursing this day."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Making such a big issue out of it just brings it more to the fore.
What everyone needs to understand is that the race card is being used as AN EXCUSE to push forward the Communist/Marxist/Bolshevist agenda of anarchy, chaos, and civil disturbances, so that the country can be destroyed from within, and the Communists can take control.

These are the tactics which the Bolshevists used to take power in Russia. But the big difference is that Russia was under the tyranny of the czars, and the free world is quite different (although we now do have petty tyrants in all the cities and states controlled by the evil Democrats). However, the Marxists want to bring all people into bondage, in preparation for the Antichrist.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Spiritually Circumcised Christian, I generally have no problems with a person laying down charges against me. Why? Because my fellow brothers and sisters are commanded to test the Spirit that is within me. Sometimes it is painful; other times it is not. But as maturity in Christ builds, I find judgment towards, or even against me, as something to be entertained. Truly, we shouldn't be concerned when others falsely misjudge us. Even if I am falsely judged, this, too, is an opportunity to express my Faith in God, just as David expressed his Faith in the Lord as he and his faithful followers were verbally, and even physically assaulted by Shimei.
OK... I have no problem with what you are saying for our conversation, that is between you and me alone. When someone actually throws stones [spiritually speaking] at me it can still be quite painful even after so many years experience with the Lord. I understand and I tolerate because I must follow His lead, for Jesus also suffered pain. In his flesh as we see in the Garden of Gethsemene [Matt 26] knowing already what was in front of him he sought a way out. To me that was Jesus the man, the man subject to temptations, as we are. Perhaps he already knew the answer when he asked,"... O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:..." but to me it is clear his flesh, like my flesh, did not want to suffer pain unto death. Could we with a severe scourging and a painful crucifixion before us say with him without doubt or hesitation: "...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."? His specific test may never be our test, but we do have tests to test us. Are we always ready?

1 John 4:1 HNV - "Beloved, don't believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Here is a portion of the story of David and Shimei, of which I know you are familiar. For those who are not aware of this story, we should be.

2 Samuel 16:5-7, 9-12 NKJV - "Now when King David came to Bahurim, there was a man from the family of the house of Saul, whose name [was] Shimei the son of Gera, coming from there. He came out, cursing continuously as he came. 6 And he threw stones at David and at all the servants of King David. And all the people and all the mighty men [were] on his right hand and on his left. 7 Also Shimei said thus when he cursed: "Come out! Come out! You bloodthirsty man, you rogue! ... 9 Then Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Please, let me go over and take off his head!" 10 But the king said, "What have I to do with you, you sons of Zeruiah? So let him curse, because the LORD has said to him, 'Curse David.' Who then shall say, 'Why have you done so?' " 11 And David said to Abishai and all his servants, "See how my son who came from my own body seeks my life. How much more now [may this] Benjamite? Let him alone, and let him curse; for so the LORD has ordered him. 12 "It may be that the LORD will look on my affliction, and that the LORD will repay me with good for his cursing this day."

Compared to the afflictions of Jesus what were a few stones to David? Fleeing from his own son, but looking always to God, the one who allowed such things to occur, when he could have simply told Abishai, "Go ahead and kill him!" Punishment or chastisement or something like what Job went through for what purpose? God certainly knew and David, in spite of his own failures, knew that God had his own purposes for everything. David strived so as not to interfere with God.

This man Shimei thinking perhaps in a twisted way that David was out even as King Saul was out, had what purpose, what goal in mind with his rock attack? From his final end when he went against the commandment of King Solomon, we may suspect or know that Shimei's purpose was more selfish than righteous. David would do it or allow Shimei to be touched even as he previously had spared King Saul. He left it in the hands of God and/or Solomon. This was a very different attitude [Spirit] from that of the kings who would kill their rivals and siblings in order to obtain or retain the throne.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK... I have no problem with what you are saying for our conversation, that is between you and me alone. When someone actually throws stones [spiritually speaking] at me it can still be quite painful even after so many years experience with the Lord. I understand and I tolerate because I must follow His lead, for Jesus also suffered pain. In his flesh as we see in the Garden of Gethsemene [Matt 26] knowing already what was in front of him he sought a way out. To me that was Jesus the man, the man subject to temptations, as we are. Perhaps he already knew the answer when he asked,"... O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:..." but to me it is clear his flesh, like my flesh, did not want to suffer pain unto death. Could we with a severe scourging and a painful crucifixion before us say with him without doubt or hesitation: "...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."? His specific test may never be our test, but we do have tests to test us. Are we always ready?

Compared to the afflictions of Jesus what were a few stones to David? Fleeing from his own son, but looking always to God, the one who allowed such things to occur, when he could have simply told Abishai, "Go ahead and kill him!" Punishment or chastisement or something like what Job went through for what purpose? God certainly knew and David, in spite of his own failures, knew that God had his own purposes for everything. David strived so as not to interfere with God.

This man Shimei thinking perhaps in a twisted way that David was out even as King Saul was out, had what purpose, what goal in mind with his rock attack? From his final end when he went against the commandment of King Solomon, we may suspect or know that Shimei's purpose was more selfish than righteous. David would do it or allow Shimei to be touched even as he previously had spared King Saul. He left it in the hands of God and/or Solomon. This was a very different attitude [Spirit] from that of the kings who would kill their rivals and siblings in order to obtain or retain the throne.

You lost me. We were talking about falsely judging others. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lost me. We were talking about falsely judging others. :)
Sorry I guess I went off on my own tangent from the verses cited. Final judgement certainly belongs to God, but along our way we may have to be involved for His reasons. If the reasons turn out to be our own we could be in trouble with God.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I guess I went off on my own tangent from the verses cited. Final judgment certainly belongs to God, but along our way, we may have to be involved for His reasons. If the reasons turn out to be our own we could be in trouble with God.

My apologies for not making the verses properly relevant to the discussion. I'm not the best writer in the world. :)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No I am not judging his intentions, but rather hoping that he will be very careful with his words so that his intentions are not misunderstood. His word hit me the wrong way, which is why I responded at all...but then again I am perhaps oversensitive about any general attack against a person because he happens to be member of a group with questionable rules or doctrines.
As Christian believers with the availability of the supernatural gift of discernment of spirits, we need to see clearly beyond the human element in these movements that seem to be bent on destroying the peace of our societies. What needs to be seen is that the devil has come to steal, kill and destroy. Wherever there is rioting, looting, and civil disobedience, we need to see that there are demons behind it, inspiring and prodding people to do actions that are designed by the enemy of our souls.

We can't condemn the unconverted people involved in the movement because they are condemned already, and are totally blind to the demon activity that is the real driving force behind the movement. Of course, as Christians, we recognise demon activity and inspiration behind racial discrimination that has given rise to the movement. This is a matter of one set of demons setting up a discriminatory environment and another set of demons stirring up trouble and unrest in the guise of trying to put things right.

Because we are dealing with a spiritual enemy at the foundation of the movement, and the discriminatory environment that has given rise to it, attempting to use natural means will be like using a water pistol against an attacking armoured tank.

"For we fight not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12).

But we have weapons:

"For the weapons of our warfare are not natural but are mighty through God for the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and bringing every thought into obedience to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:4-6).

Our weapons are the nine supernatural gifts of the Spirit as listed in 1 Corinthians 12. These are our spiritual tools to enable us to defeat our spiritual enemy. The problem is that lying demons have hoodwinked churches into believing that these spiritual weapons were for just the Apostles and not for today. These lying demons have robbed the church of its Holy Spirit power and all these churches have are natural means to try and defeat a spiritual enemy. No wonder these churches are retreating against enemies that are just too strong for them!