Have to call daughter's grandma tomorrow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed a missed call from my oldest daughter's (16) grandmother and I'm extremely nervous because last time her dad/stepmother called it was to ask for me to give her up for adoption. I said no and then got harassed with phone calls and threatening responses and then they went after my family.

(Long story short - Guy was violent and sexually abused me as a teenager, and I didn't understand it because I wasn't old enough. I distanced myself quite a bit because I couldn't handle being harassed and cursed out all of the time. It's a long story.)

But since I have a decent enough relationship with the grandma it might be that she might just want to take me to church and go to lunch to talk about it but I'm stressed

edit: Got numbers mixed up. Probably the guy. Guy is bad.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats right my friends . The lambs look out for one another . OH rejoice in the LORD my friends .
And we will be praying for our dear sister .
Thank you please do! I looked at the number and now I can't remember, but thinking about it, I think it's actually him. This guy has always been a nightmare. He was had weapons violent. (Couldn't understand it at the time. Hard to understand that just because someone is laughing while they're torturing you doesn't mean they're not torturing you.)

Having to talk to him makes me want to throw up.

Maybe pray for him too that God touches his heart and changes him for the Lord's good. Healing for his anger or something. I don't know.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you please do! I looked at the number and now I can't remember, but thinking about it, I think it's actually him. This guy has always been a nightmare. He was had weapons violent. (Couldn't understand it at the time. Hard to understand that just because someone is laughing while they're torturing you doesn't mean they're not torturing you.)

Having to talk to him makes me want to throw up.

Maybe pray for him too that God touches his heart and changes him for the Lord's good. Healing for his anger or something. I don't know.
As @amigo de christo has said we are certainly praying for you in this, sister. You need to stay in closely in touch with the Lord yourself asking Him to give you whatever may be needed to get through this thing.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But since I have a decent enough relationship with the grandma it might be that she might just want to take me to church and go to lunch to talk about it but I'm stressed

Hello Fluffy

Don't be afraid to love! Even knowing we can be betrayed, denied, abused....

I am truly sorry to hear of your struggles, but return the call...

praying for you!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As @amigo de christo has said we are certainly praying for you in this, sister. You need to stay in closely in touch with the Lord yourself asking Him to give you whatever may be needed to get through this thing.
I agree. I think I am going to take a couple of days in prayer first. It is not something I can get through by myself and hopefully God will do something in that time.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FluffyYellowDuck have you considered what would happen if you asked God to include your former partner and his other family members among those who He is drawing to Himself? This prayer only needs to be asked once. Then in faith, you/we can begin thanking God that He has heard your/our prayer and is drawing your former partner and his other family members into His loving embrace, to demonstrate His Glory in what He is doing in your partner and his other family members lives.

Our God is a powerful God and can achieve what we often cannot. It is eye opening for us to realise that God hears our prayers and acts on them, even if we do not understand how He is answering them in the manner He is.

Shalom

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck have you considered what would happen if you asked God to include your former partner and his other family members among those who He is drawing to Himself? This prayer only needs to be asked once. Then in faith, you/we can begin thanking God that He has heard your/our prayer and is drawing your former partner and his other family members into His loving embrace, to demonstrate His Glory in what He is doing in your partner and his other family members lives.

Our God is a powerful God and can achieve what we often cannot. It is eye opening for us to realise that God hears our prayers and acts on them, even if we do not understand how He is answering them in the manner He is.

Shalom
The first time I prayed for that family it was that they would lose everything because of what they took from me. They did- and it didn't take very long either.

Then I prayed for restoration and that would lead their hearts back to God. Seems like they got their "stuff" back - and more, but they just turned out worse. I even told his wife, while she was cursing me out, that I hadn't done anything and that I was praying for them.

She was mad that I wasn't giving her her own way and just cursed me out more. That was the first time that I realized she might actually be a lunatic and I'm not saying that to be spiteful. I don't know if he ended up abusing her too enough to turn her into something psychotic, but she used to be relatively normal. I honestly think that there's something wrong with this people.

Some people are as easy to tame as it is easy getting a rattlesnake to write a mixtape.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The first time I prayed for that family it was that they would lose everything because of what they took from me. They did- and it didn't take very long either.

Then I prayed for restoration and that would lead their hearts back to God. Seems like they got their "stuff" back - and more, but they just turned out worse. I even told his wife, while she was cursing me out, that I hadn't done anything and that I was praying for them.

She was mad that I wasn't giving her her own way and just cursed me out more. That was the first time that I realized she might actually be a lunatic and I'm not saying that to be spiteful. I don't know if he ended up abusing her too enough to turn her into something psychotic, but she used to be relatively normal. I honestly think that there's something wrong with this people.

Some people are as easy to tame as it is easy getting a rattlesnake to write a mixtape.

It is not our place to tame anybody, that is God's prerogative to do as He is more understanding than we are. Also He is much better at that than we are.

From what you have said above, it seems that initially the place where you were coming from in praying for your X was not as Godly as you may have thought. My experience is that people do not want to know how you are praying for them and will curse you because they think that you are the reason for their troubles and will not thank you for covering them in prayer.

What I am suggesting for you to do is for you to simply ask God to include the people you are asking for in those whom He will drawing to Himself. The process God uses to draw them to Himself is His to determine, all we can do is thank and praise God that He is drawing them to His loving embrace and purposes, whatever that may mean.

We all need to humble ourselves with respect to how we pray for others. It often means that we have to have God's input as to what and how we are to pray for them. That can take some time to establish as our ideas get in the way that God want to draw the people to Himself.

We need the wisdom of Solomon and the Patience of Job to work through our issues let alone anyone's issues.

May the Lord draw you more into His ways so that you can be a blessing to those you rub shoulders with on a daily basis.

Shalom

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not our place to tame anybody, that is God's prerogative to do as He is more understanding than we are. Also He is much better at that than we are.

From what you have said above, it seems that initially the place where you were coming from in praying for your X was not as Godly as you may have thought. My experience is that people do not want to know how you are praying for them and will curse you because they think that you are the reason for their troubles and will not thank you for covering them in prayer.

What I am suggesting for you to do is for you to simply ask God to include the people you are asking for in those whom He will drawing to Himself. The process God uses to draw them to Himself is His to determine, all we can do is thank and praise God that He is drawing them to His loving embrace and purposes, whatever that may mean.

We all need to humble ourselves with respect to how we pray for others. It often means that we have to have God's input as to what and how we are to pray for them. That can take some time to establish as our ideas get in the way that God want to draw the people to Himself.

We need the wisdom of Solomon and the Patience of Job to work through our issues let alone anyone's issues.

May the Lord draw you more into His ways so that you can be a blessing to those you rub shoulders with on a daily basis.

Shalom
That's true and to be fair, that first prayer was about 14 years ago. I was in a bad place, but I prayed for restoration AFTER I was closer to God. I did get prayer with my old pastor, the grandmother, and my daughter. That prayer didn't do as much as I hoped. Sometimes I think you have to let go and trust God with the outcome.