Have you ever participated in a prayer marathon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A marathon is a long-distance race where people run for about 26 miles. It’s also an Olympic sport. The concept originated when a Greek messenger ran all the way from Marathon to Athens without stopping to tell the Athenians about their victory over the Persian Empire. The messenger’s name was Philippides, and he died of exhaustion from running over 26 miles nonstop to successfully carry the very important message to Athens.

I have decided to go on a prayer marathon. This doesn’t mean running a little over 26 miles to have God answer a prayer; instead I plan on confining myself to my room all day where I will pray nonstop. Sure, I’ll take breaks to eat and go to the bathroom, but other than that my time will be spent praying to God.

For 16 years I have suffered with demons. They make my life a literal living hell, and I cannot get rid of them permanently. These infernal monsters assault me all the time, and one of them molests me in my sleep. Every single day they murder other people on parallel dimensions, and often it’s more than one person. Thousands of unsaved people from other worlds have been killed for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and I’m sick of it. My life is completely ruined because of these demons.

God won’t get rid of the demons permanently. He never has. Sometimes I’ll be perfect, and God will get rid of the demons temporarily: He will give me access to the Holy Spirits ability, whereupon I pull the demons out of my body; and without a body, the demons cannot live, so they die permanently. Unfortunately there are millions of demons lined up to take their place, and they always return whenever I commit a sin, including harmless sins where there isn’t a victim.

I get it: If a Christian were to commit a mortal sin that could take him to hell (such as raping a woman), it makes sense why God would allow demons to possess him. But venial sins? Um, really? Everyone commits little tiny sins, since God’s standards for what constitutes a sin are so high, and no one can avoid them. That is one reason why we Christians have Christ: He took the penalty for our sins on the cross, providing us with redemption from sin through belief in his saving power.

God has not been treating me right, and he has ruined my life by allowing these horrible things to happen to me because he doesn’t like my imperfection.

How will I resolve this problem? I’m certainly not going to spend the rest of my life walking on eggshells trying to avoid little tiny sins. That would drive me mad, and it isn’t doable anyway. I can’t join a monastery either because monks brew beer and sell it to support their vocation, and alcohol is a sin. Monks also eat bread and drink wine everyday to celebrate becoming one with Christ. Drinking alcohol is a sin, even just a little sip. I wouldn’t be able to live up to God’s impossibly high standards even if I were a monk!

I must convince God to stop allowing demons to attach onto me for venial sins. If I committed a mortal sin that would take me to hell, I could see why God would allow demonic possession. But I’m a good Christian who doesn’t want to commit mortal sins, so it’s a moot point.

How will I convince God to stop allowing demonic possession for venial sins? I’ve tried reasoning with him; I’ve begged and pleaded with him; I said I would do anything for him; I’ve solicited the prayers of hundreds of people on the internet to get God to show some compassion—but none of these things have worked. Ever.

What then will work? What will make God stop his radical perfectionism that is ruining my life, since it results in demonic possession every time I commit a harmless little sin?

I have a new idea, and it just might work…

I will confine myself in my room and do nothing but pray. I will pray endlessly. I can’t work a job right now because of the demons, so I really don’t have anything else to do. I feel like if I pray enough for hundreds or maybe even thousands of hours, it will convince God to drop his obscene requirement that I must be perfect and not commit venial sins in order to be free from demons.

So here is what I hope to accomplish with my prayer marathon:

First, the demons currently attached must be permanently killed.

Second, no demon can be allowed to attach onto me ever again, even if I’m imperfect and commit a venial sin.

Third, I don’t want God to take away my healing devices if I commit a venial sin. I need these devices, otherwise I’ll be an invalid who can’t work for God or do any work in general.

My prayer marathon will begin tomorrow as soon as I wake up. I’ll be confined to my room praying and not leave unless for meals or bathroom. If I pray for 15 hours a day for a year, that equals 5475 hours of time spent praying, pleading for God’s mercy and begging him to stop the perfectionism that is ruining my life.

Why do I plan on doing something so radical? It’s because if I don’t do my prayer marathon, then God will never change, which means I’ll be stuck with the demons forever, my life utterly ruined. Eventually I’ll die homeless on the streets, a miserable death. I’d rather live a successful Christian life, and I’ll do anything—anything—to achieve that and avoid dying miserable. I refuse to go down dying.

I will return to this thread frequently and post updates about my success (or lack thereof).

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Praying isn't going to change God. You should pray for what you want, but with the expectation that God is going to change you.

Fasting is also a good idea, even if it is limited in some way.

Reactions: dev553344

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have prayed and fasted for 3 days on a few occasions. Twice to heal people and one was healed miraculously. Fasting does work.

Reactions: amadeus

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was praying earlier, telling God about my plans to spend all day tomorrow in prayer (which he already knew about). Yet as I’m speaking to God, I feel my anger growing more and more. Why? Because I quit alcohol for five days now, and nothing changed: The demons are still attached, causing untold misery.

I became so angry that I got right up and went to the gas station to buy a small alcoholic seltzer. Five days of detox wasted! And it’s all because God wouldn’t show me any respect for trying hard not to sin! Instead he decided to punish me by allowing horrible demons to attach onto me the entire time, and they assault and molest me in my sleep. Even worse: They kill others on other worlds for no obvious reason, thousands of them.

I did so good, and all God did was hurt and punish me by allowing demonic possession during these five days. And he won’t even tell me why!

My prayer marathon that I’m going to undertake is well-justified. God needs to treat me humanely. He must. I deserve it. If he fails to show just a tiny grain of compassion but instead choosing to make me suffer with demons my entire life—even when I do exactly as he requires—then I’ll eventually end up homeless and dead, a miserable death.

I must must must spend the rest of my life praying until God decides to change his ways and treat me humanely for once.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever participated in a prayer marathon?
ahhhhh, gold medals for 144000 repetitions.....what a champion!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was praying earlier, telling God about my plans to spend all day tomorrow in prayer (which he already knew about). Yet as I’m speaking to God, I feel my anger growing more and more. Why? Because I quit alcohol for five days now, and nothing changed: The demons are still attached, causing untold misery.

I became so angry that I got right up and went to the gas station to buy a small alcoholic seltzer. Five days of detox wasted! And it’s all because God wouldn’t show me any respect for trying hard not to sin! Instead he decided to punish me by allowing horrible demons to attach onto me the entire time, and they assault and molest me in my sleep. Even worse: They kill others on other worlds for no obvious reason, thousands of them.

I did so good, and all God did was hurt and punish me by allowing demonic possession during these five days. And he won’t even tell me why!

My prayer marathon that I’m going to undertake is well-justified. God needs to treat me humanely. He must. I deserve it. If he fails to show just a tiny grain of compassion but instead choosing to make me suffer with demons my entire life—even when I do exactly as he requires—then I’ll eventually end up homeless and dead, a miserable death.

I must must must spend the rest of my life praying until God decides to change his ways and treat me humanely for once.

I don't think it is demons. I think there is some physical inability for the brain to process events.
You would greatly benefit from contacting your local mental health organization and let them know what you are going through. You do not need to suffer like this. God does not want you to suffer through this.
Please seek some help.

helpline-hours-10-10-web.jpg

If it gets bad at night or on the weekend , you can call your local hospital. They should have counselors or can direct you to them.