having a lack of motivation from my medication

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi,
I have been having a lot of lack of motivation from one of my medications which I'm still withdrawing from and can likely be off of in February of next year. I think God wants me to do this finally. I'm wondering if I can get help on this as soon as possible though and not have to wait until I'm off of it earlier next yr or I wonder if God can tell me what purpose it is for me to be impaired like this, if perhaps He's still punishing me for being unmerciful in the past and giving what someone deserved when I didn't know better but was hurt and angry. I have repented of that though and I know better now. Thanks for the prayers!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi,
I have been having a lot of lack of motivation from one of my medications which I'm still withdrawing from and can likely be off of in February of next year. I think God wants me to do this finally. I'm wondering if I can get help on this as soon as possible though and not have to wait until I'm off of it earlier next yr or I wonder if God can tell me what purpose it is for me to be impaired like this, if perhaps He's still punishing me for being unmerciful in the past and giving what someone deserved when I didn't know better but was hurt and angry. I have repented of that though and I know better now. Thanks for the prayers!
Be of good cheer bugalugs, God does not operate like that. He is not a God of payback who holds grudges of any type.
'Love does not hold a record of wrongs'....do you remember that? 1 Corinthians 13:5

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,
Praying for you.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,
I not know why you are taking meds, but I think maybe the problem lies with us being human. None of us are perfect, many of us have impairments. Some are genetic, some came from enviornmental or social situations. God didn't do that, but He allows it. We all come to Him from different levels and He takes us where we are. Some of us need support more than others.

I was on meds for depression for years, if that type of med is what you are talking about. I firmly believe that God created doctors too, and many times we are prescribed things we need. Quite a few mental issues have actual physical causes. Make sure you are doing the right thing.

I am going to pray for you that you come to know that God loves you and is not causing your illness, and that you make the right choice

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just be patient and trust God. He knows your needs and wants to meet them. And he will do in his own way and with perfect timing. Just stay close and don't lose heart. Pray continually but also give thanks.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Be of good cheer bugalugs, God does not operate like that. He is not a God of payback who holds grudges of any type.
'Love does not hold a record of wrongs'....do you remember that? 1 Corinthians 13:5
thanks quietthinker, but I think from what I understand is that God has a timeline for our punishment and a time of anger or discontentment with us who do wrong or sin which was me being unmerciful in the past and giving what someone deserved rather than being merciful, but that after I find that you are correct, that God does not keep any record of our wrong anymore ''after''! So those are my thoughts.. thanks everyone for the prayers!

Reactions: Chains Broken

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,
I have read some of your post in this thread and others to better understand what medications it is. Lack of motivation can be depressing. Praying you experience inspiration again to wake up hopeful and renewed for the day. even baby steps can make you feel better after experiencing no motivation! It’s crazy how…A little motivation can go a long ways on cheering up the heart and mind!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm praying for God/Jesus to help you in any way he can or will. I'll be praying on your confusion.

Here are verses I'll give you. One of them you have in your sig. Go through them in order from top to bottom. Hopefully it'll help you to deal with a stronghold, or strongholds.

Job 10:14-15
14 If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from mine iniquity.
15 If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction;

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Psalm 115:9-10
9 O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
10 O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.

Psalm 25:20
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Psalm 31:1
In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

Psalm 16:1
Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

Psalm 71:1
1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Luke 2:35
(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hi, most medications cause imbalances of nutrients these days especially in the typical diet, so there are things that will ease withdrawal like thiamine but all b vitamins are important.
Also a very large group of people are finding that high vitamin A due to weaker livers causes all sorts of problems which ease on a low vitami n A diet. The Ray Peat forum has a lot of folk who have been through these things including folk badly damaged through medications. There is a small fee for joining but Google will give more info on the subject.