Having eternal life now vs. living eternally

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The quoted verse is clear.

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Thou sayest Jesus is God, I say the God Jesus worshipped is God. There you have the distinction sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a very curious phrase. "... the God Jesus worshipped..."
I recall no examples of such. (send help)
Sure thanks for asking Steven. (Matthew 4:8-10) . . .the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
(John 20:17) . . .Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure thanks for asking Steven. (Matthew 4:8-10) . . .the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
(John 20:17) . . .Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
That's a good reply, thanks.
Though it sounds like Jesus is confirming proper human worship toward God, rather than worshiping God himself.
The phrase, "... it is to him alone you must render sacred service." is pretty close to that. (Matthew 4:10) as cited.
Might depend on the definition of "worship"?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good reply, thanks.
Though it sounds like Jesus is confirming proper human worship toward God, rather than worshiping God himself.
The phrase, "... it is to him alone you must render sacred service." is pretty close to that. (Matthew 4:10) as cited.
Might depend on the definition of "worship"?
You have that so right Steven. There are many degrees of worship, in the instance of Mat 4:10 satan was trying to get Jesus to bow down to him, but Jesus set him straight, showing it would be only Jehovah who was fitted for that type of worship. In other words exclusive devotion Mat 22:37. The first of the 10 commandments, one that Jesus' death did not end.

Worship can even be given to men as Mat 18:26 shows, but that is not improper worship, basically showing honor.

Reactions: St. SteVen