Having trouble with second covid shot

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My ex wife used to tell me this story about God working thru man:

There was a man on roof in a flood and God told him "I will save you, don't worry", and when I boat came by the boater asked, do you need any help? And the man on the roof replied, "no God is going to save me". A second boater came by and also asked if the man on the roof needed any help, He replied again "No God is going to save me". A third boater came by and asked if he needed any help, he replied again "No God is going to save me". The river waters raged and engulfed him and he drown. When he got to heaven he asked God "why didn't you save me" and God replied: "I sent 3 boats".

Point is that if God provides a cure thru medicine, then why should he spend his spiritual power on miracles? Hmmm, well that's really up to God, but I don't want to risk getting to heaven and telling him I denied his man inspired help.

AMEN! Good story ...I remember hearing it years ago , but sadly I forgot it!
THANK YOU for the wonderful reminder ...I need it.

Fortunately the symptoms of the second shot usually don’t last much longer than 24 hours ..
Hope you go from strength to strength now ...

blessings ...

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think the OP put his faith in men. By obeying the laws of the land/government, he is obeying Jesus, and by disobeying them, we are disobeying Jesus....Romans 13:1-5.

So, in the end, as usual, we should trust in Jesus... oh, and ibuprofen. :)

Glad you are feeling better.

ROMANS 13
Respecting Authority

1Let every person submit himself to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are put in place by God.
2So whoever opposes the authority has resisted God’s direction, and those who have resisted will bring judgment on themselves.
3For leaders cause no fear for good behavior, but for bad. Now if you do not want to fear the authority, do what is good and you will get his approval—
4for he is God’s servant to you for your good. But if you do evil, be afraid—for he does not carry the sword for no reason; for he is God’s servant, an avenger who inflicts punishment on the evildoer.
5Therefore it is necessary to be in submission—not only because of punishment but also because of conscience.

If that is true doctrine did Jesus Christ then break his own doctrine by going against the Romans and Pharisees or is Paul's doctrine in Roman 1-5 false doctrine?

If you research revelation 21:9-19 you might even find that the lamb of God only had 12 Apostles and they are the walls of the New Jerusalem, Paul is not mentioned in this Kingdom but many hang their hopes on him over Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN! Good story ...I remember hearing it years ago , but sadly I forgot it!
THANK YOU for the wonderful reminder ...I need it.

Fortunately the symptoms of the second shot usually don’t last much longer than 24 hours ..
Hope you go from strength to strength now ...

blessings ...
Thanks Helen, and you are right, my Dad said the same thing, one day of symptoms. It's 11:40 pm and now I feel much better. The fever broke and the chills are gone I think. At least so far. So I'm doing much better so far. But I still have my fingers crossed. Yesterday I was shaking so bad I could barely take my ibuprofen. Don't know why my symptoms were so severe.

Reactions: Marc RL Ministry

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks Helen, and you are right, my Dad said the same thing, one day of symptoms. It's 11:40 pm and now I feel much better. The fever broke and the chills are gone I think. At least so far. So I'm doing much better so far. But I still have my fingers crossed. Yesterday I was shaking so bad I could barely take my ibuprofen. Don't know why my symptoms were so severe.

Pleased that you are feeling better Devin Wintch my thoughts are with you and others taking these vaccines must be scary.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pleased that you are feeling better Devin Wintch my thoughts are with you and others taking these vaccines must be scary.
Thanks, Yeah I thought something was wrong. Strange that the fever was so intense. I went thru night sweats last night. I was worried that I was having some reaction. But if it only lasted a day then it is as others have said it was. There are people that had no symptoms from the second dose like @April_Rose.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reactions: APAK

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROMANS 13
Respecting Authority

1Let every person submit himself to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are put in place by God.
2So whoever opposes the authority has resisted God’s direction, and those who have resisted will bring judgment on themselves.
3For leaders cause no fear for good behavior, but for bad. Now if you do not want to fear the authority, do what is good and you will get his approval—
4for he is God’s servant to you for your good. But if you do evil, be afraid—for he does not carry the sword for no reason; for he is God’s servant, an avenger who inflicts punishment on the evildoer.
5Therefore it is necessary to be in submission—not only because of punishment but also because of conscience.

If that is true doctrine did Jesus Christ then break his own doctrine by going against the Romans and Pharisees or is Paul's doctrine in Roman 1-5 false doctrine?

If you research revelation 21:9-19 you might even find that the lamb of God only had 12 Apostles and they are the walls of the New Jerusalem, Paul is not mentioned in this Kingdom but many hang their hopes on him over Jesus Christ.

What do you mean "If that is true"? Are you saying the clear word of God is not true?

If you'd rather attempt to make the word of God untrue instead of simply obeying it, that is up to you, but I will continue to believe what the bible says on the matter, and would rather not high jack this thread with further comment.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My ex wife used to tell me this story about God working thru man:

There was a man on roof in a flood and God told him "I will save you, don't worry", and when I boat came by the boater asked, do you need any help? And the man on the roof replied, "no God is going to save me". A second boater came by and also asked if the man on the roof needed any help, He replied again "No God is going to save me". A third boater came by and asked if he needed any help, he replied again "No God is going to save me". The river waters raged and engulfed him and he drown. When he got to heaven he asked God "why didn't you save me" and God replied: "I sent 3 boats".

Point is that if God provides a cure thru medicine, then why should he spend his spiritual power on miracles? Hmmm, well that's really up to God, but I don't want to risk getting to heaven and telling him I denied his man inspired help.

Exactly. AMEN.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks again for your prayers. I'm feeling human today and way better.

Reactions: April_Rose