He Spoke as Someone with Authority

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So, if possible, i'd like to bring out how people with true authority speak, which is not how we usually think they speak. Unfortunately we have many bad examples and few good ones, but the point is that people in actual authority--who will be held accountable iow--generally sort of hedge their "bets" or their speech, and now i just have to think of some decent examples, unless y'all beat me to it :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, if possible, i'd like to bring out how people with true authority speak, which is not how we usually think they speak. Unfortunately we have many bad examples and few good ones, but the point is that people in actual authority--who will be held accountable iow--generally sort of hedge their "bets" or their speech, and now i just have to think of some decent examples, unless y'all beat me to it :)
Depends on what you are taking of, speaking with "authority", doesnt make one right it is being given permission to speak for another. Ambasadors speak with Authority from there governments, but than the rare some who assume authority and speak for them selves assuming an authority never given.

Christ spoke with Authority given to Him from God, and it upset people, even does today.

God bless

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“He spoke as someone with Authority” actions speak louder than words? Not saying this is always the case but what comes to mind pertaining to your topic is: If a ship is sinking, maritime tradition dictates that the captain ensures the safe evacuation of every passenger before he evacuates himself. He (or she) is responsible for the lives of those onboard, and he can't coordinate their exit unless he's the last person off.

Reactions: bbyrd009