Healthy Prophetic Communities ft. Graham Cooke

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very interesting interview.
Graham Cooke presents some incredible ministry details.
He presents a ministry model that puts community first. With amazing results.
Rather long at over 42 minutes. But even the first five or ten minutes is worthwhile.

Healthy Prophetic Communities ft. Graham Cooke​

John E. Thomas & Graham Cooke talk Healthy Prophetic Communities
"People are not complete unless they know how to make friends, be loved, and love."- Graham Cooke

]

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A noteworthy point. IMHO

Graham Cooke uses the term "pre-Christian" to describe those his community is ministering to.
Discipleship begins before they ever step foot in the church.

This is a strategic mindset to keep the focus on where the ministry is directing these folks.

Romans 4:17 NIV
As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[a] He is our father in the sight of God,
in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.

]

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very interesting interview.
Graham Cooke presents some incredible ministry details.
He presents a ministry model that puts community first. With amazing results.
Rather long at over 42 minutes. But even the first five or ten minutes is worthwhile.

Healthy Prophetic Communities ft. Graham Cooke​

John E. Thomas & Graham Cooke talk Healthy Prophetic Communities
"People are not complete unless they know how to make friends, be loved, and love."- Graham Cooke

]
Well I listened to the first 15 min.. and interesting it is like right in the beginning he said 80% or your time needs to be ministering "to" the Lord and the other 20% toward the ministry. So what does that mean to you? He said it right away in the beginning.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I listened to the first 15 min.. and interesting it is like right in the beginning he said 80% or your time needs to be ministering "to" the Lord and the other 20% toward the ministry. So what does that mean to you? He said it right away in the beginning.
That's a great question. I was asking it as well.
I actually searched to see if I could find a video where he discusses that. Not found. However...
I think it is in reference to worship. A couple of scriptures come to mind.

Acts 4:23-24, 31 NIV

23 On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people
and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them.
24 When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. ...

31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

Acts 13;2 KJV
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me
Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

]

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A noteworthy point. IMHO

Graham Cooke uses the term "pre-Christian" to describe those his community is ministering to.
Discipleship begins before they ever step foot in the church.

This is a strategic mindset to keep the focus on where the ministry is directing these folks.

Romans 4:17 NIV
As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[a] He is our father in the sight of God,
in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.

]

That's a great question. I was asking it as well.
I actually searched to see if I could find a video where he discusses that. Not found. However...
I think it is in reference to worship. A couple of scriptures come to mind.

Acts 4:23-24, 31 NIV

23 On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people

and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them.

24 When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. ...

31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken.

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

Acts 13;2 KJV
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me
Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

]
Those are great scriptures, but he mentions it to being your relationship with God, so a personal thing I think he meant. So to me the question is what/how do you personally develop a relationship with Jesus. What you quote is more group things, he made it sound it is a personal thing... I will have to ponder it more. To bad you couldn't find a video. Being in scripture yourself would be key to it I would think.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are great scriptures, but he mentions it to being your relationship with God, so a personal thing I think he meant. So to me the question is what/how do you personally develop a relationship with Jesus. What you quote is more group things, he made it sound it is a personal thing... I will have to ponder it more.
Yes, it should be personal. Even in corporate worship.
We don't have to be alone with God to experience spiritual intimacy.
And I actually appreciate and leverage these gatherings where
so many Spirit-filled believers are together in one place.

I can actually feel the tangible presence of God as I approach the building.
And it grows when I encounter those inside. The presence is strongest up at the altar.

I hesitate to share this next bit. It was given to me personally in a prophetic letter to me from God.
My sister wrote the letter for me and gave it to me on my birthday. Such a gift!

The letter said many personal things to me. I have yet to fathom the complete depths of it.
One thing it said was, "I long to walk with you every day, But you need to ask me every day."
So, I make a practice of inviting Him into my day. Just a simple prayer, and He goes with me.
"Father God, will you walk with me today?" His presence goes with me.

I suppose you could try it and see what happens.

Another thing that was an important step for me was personal worship.
I would put on a worship music CD at home and worship just like I was at church.
I remember a few times being completely overwhelmed by the Spirit.
I leaned against a wall to remain on my feet. My knees were buckling. - LOL

This is probably what Graham Cooke means by "ministering to the Lord". Personal worship.
We minister to people to meet their needs. But what does God need?

To bad you couldn't find a video. Being in scripture yourself would be key to it I would think.
Being in scripture is important. As a young man I read the entire Bible cover to cover.
I wrote my own cross-references and study notes all over it. The book finally fell apart. - LOL

What I gained was a solid recall of much of it.
It seems that most everything that happens during the day brings scripture to mind.

]

• Love
Reactions: Cyd

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it should be personal. Even in corporate worship.
We don't have to be alone with God to experience spiritual intimacy.
And I actually appreciate and leverage these gatherings where
so many Spirit-filled believers are together in one place.

I can actually feel the tangible presence of God as I approach the building.
And it grows when I encounter those inside. The presence is strongest up at the altar.

I hesitate to share this next bit. It was given to me personally in a prophetic letter to me from God.
My sister wrote the letter for me and gave it to me on my birthday. Such a gift!

The letter said many personal things to me. I have yet to fathom the complete depths of it.
One thing it said was, "I long to walk with you every day, But you need to ask me every day."
So, I make a practice of inviting Him into my day. Just a simple prayer, and He goes with me.
"Father God, will you walk with me today?" His presence goes with me.

I suppose you could try it and see what happens.

Another thing that was an important step for me was personal worship.
I would put on a worship music CD at home and worship just like I was at church.
I remember a few times being completely overwhelmed by the Spirit.
I leaned against a wall to remain on my feet. My knees were buckling. - LOL

This is probably what Graham Cooke means by "ministering to the Lord". Personal worship.
We minister to people to meet their needs. But what does God need?

Being in scripture is important. As a young man I read the entire Bible cover to cover.
I wrote my own cross-references and study notes all over it. The book finally fell apart. - LOL

What I gained was a solid recall of much of it.
It seems that most everything that happens during the day brings scripture to mind.

]
Praise the Lord Steven and thank you for writing all this I can relate to it all and put on praise music!! hahaha So you also reminded me and people don't always ask the Lord to be part of their day and that was a great word. We are told to ask and tend to forget as we have times we just always feel the presence of the Lord then forget to ask and wonder why the Lord is quiet!!! hahaha Anyway then being blessed by what you wrote went to youtube entered a search and this the first song up!! hahaha I love the Lord!! So here maybe a word as your wife said to you too. Let it speak to you also.. Arise, Shine definitely a call to all the Lords people.

• Love

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to tell you about my youtube search and the joy laughter in this song coming up first. I used to blast this song every morning for my children to get up and out of bed to get ready for school. This was their wake up call in the mornings.

Now about my general search in youtube and this being the very first song... I just typed in "Hosanna Integrity" to get some worship songs to play.. this was the first song!! out of a collection it said of over 700 songs. hahaha So I loved it.