Hearing and the Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a personal covenant with Christ?

Christ speaks thru his apostles in his church
Matt 18:17
1 Tim 3:15

Yes

And Jesus said His sheep hear His voice - so we don't speak to his apostles we speak with Him personally.

That is what the Scriptures explain to you!!

And it is what happens!!

Yet it is also written about some:

Mat 13:15FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'

So, the question some need to ask themselves is: "Do I hear form the Lord Jesus Christ and have a person covenant with Him?"

Some have never even heard Him personally tell them, "I love you."

The first time I heard Him tell me "Karl, I love you." It caused tears to flood my eyes. So much so that I found it hard to see the upcoming stop sign. To know Jesus Christ is an awesome thing - that He, God, should care that much about you.

He does though, but people reject Him. He stands at the door and knocks with His voice, but many just won't let Him into their lives. They don't believe He exists. Perhaps He died and did resurrect. Or perhaps He did resurrect but is in some far of place called heaven to return someday? Yet it is written that the kingdom of God is in our midst and the King of kings said He would never leave us. So many who read the Bible do not believe it. They deny that Christ can be personally known, which is not biblical at all. They are like those religious people who Jesus said:

Jn 8:47 “He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

They could repent. They could start actually seeking Jesus Christ instead of just pretending obedience to Him!

The good news is that He still is there just waiting for anyone who opens up to Him.

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

A marriage is a covenant between two people, and He calls to His bride and the two become one. Yet those who do not heard from Him are certainly not His bride, His church, His people, His friend!

He once told me:

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

We are called to be servants of the King of kings. We are called to be sons in the Kingdom of God. We are called to be a friend of God. And we are called to be the apple of His eye. Yet if you are not hearing instructions from Him personally, you are not His servant! If you are not personally getting bits of wisdom like above you are not His son! If you have not heard Him joke with you then you are not His friend! And if you have not heard Him tell you personally, "I love you", then you are not His bride and you have no covenant with Him!!

Still, He stands at the door and knocks, and a relationship is started by a conversation back and forth with someone!

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes

And Jesus said His sheep hear His voice - so we don't speak to his apostles we speak with Him personally.

And it is what happens!!

HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'

So, the question some need to ask themselves is: "Do I hear form the Lord Jesus Christ and have a person covenant with Him?"

The first time I heard Him tell me "Karl, I love you." It caused tears to flood my eyes. So much so that I found it hard to see the upcoming stop sign. To know Jesus Christ is an awesome thing - that He, God, should care that much about you.

He does though, but people reject Him. He stands at the door and knocks with His voice, but many just won't let Him into their lives. They don't believe He exists. Perhaps He died and did resurrect. Or perhaps He did resurrect but is in some far of place called heaven to return someday? Yet it is written that the kingdom of God is in our midst and the King of kings said He would never leave us. So many who read the Bible do not believe it. They deny that Christ can be personally known, which is not biblical at all. They are like those religious people who Jesus said:

Jn 8:47 “He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

They could repent. They could start actually seeking Jesus Christ instead of just pretending obedience to Him!

The good news is that He still is there just waiting for anyone who opens up to Him.

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

A marriage is a covenant between two people, and He calls to His bride and the two become one. Yet those who do not heard from Him are certainly not His bride, His church, His people, His friend!

He once told me:

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

We are called to be servants of the King of kings. We are called to be sons in the Kingdom of God. We are called to be a friend of God. And we are called to be the apple of His eye. Yet if you are not hearing instructions from Him personally, you are not His servant! If you are not personally getting bits of wisdom like above you are not His son! If you have not heard Him joke with you then you are not His friend! And if you have not heard Him tell you personally, "I love you", then you are not His bride and you have no covenant with Him!!

Still, He stands at the door and knocks, and a relationship is started by a conversation back and forth with someone!
Shows how vital are Scripture reading and prayer...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes

And it is what happens!!

HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'

He once told me:

Union with God and the saints required faith and baptism

no relationship without covenant required religion

authority of apostles see below

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as intermediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Only Peter and his successors have the keys (jurisdictional authority) from Christ to govern the church and administer the kingdom! Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church on earth!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shows how vital are Scripture reading and prayer...

Prayer is a conversation with God!

Too often non-believers present prayer as one way communication with God.

If a person thinks prayer is a one way communication with God it is because they believe in their heart that God is in a far off place called heaven, so He can't actually speak to them. It is like they send a message or request off to Him, but they don't believe He can just talk back and give them a response!

Paul wrote to some like that - writing:

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),

That is what happens: some say in their heart "Who will ascend into heaven?" - not believing that Jesus Christ is actually always with them to talk to them. So according to the lack of faith in Jesus Christ actually being with them, they don't listen for His voice with their spirit.

So how important is "prayer"? Extremely important, unless of course a person doesn't believe Jesus Christ is with them to answer their questions! In that case it is of very little importance to them, simply because they can't hear a response from the Lord because they don't actually believe in Jesus Christ and Him being near them. So, with their spiritual ears they don't hear!! They don't understand that the word of God we preach is Jesus Christ speaking to us via His Holy Spirit.

Because they don't believe that He is with them to actually speak to their spirit with words from His Holy Spirit, all they are left with are the sacred writings from those in the past who did hear His words with their spirits. And they can't understand what those men of God in the past wrote, because they wrote that the word of God was found near them - not in a book they kept in their study, but rather the word of God they preached was found in their heart, not the book.

That doesn't mean the book is not important. It is like a textbook the Teacher uses to teach, but since they don't know that the Teacher's words are found in their heart, they don't ever hear a word to them from the Teacher. So they have the book for the class, but they don't get taught of God, but have only their own understanding or the understanding of other men, but not God. They are not taught of God, but rather lean on their own understanding. It is all they have - their understanding of the sacred writing! They don't have the Lord and cannot accept any testimony saying that the Lord is their to speak to them.

In their confusion, they ask: "What about prayer and the Scriptures?"

My friends - Prayer - that is talking back and forth with the Lord Jesus Christ is of utmosts importance, but they don't pray like that because of their lack of faith!!

And the Scriptures are like the Lord's textbook, but they don't listen to the Teacher making the textbook of little use to them. Because trying to live by the rules in the Scriptures, as opposed to faith that Jesus Christ is there to be heard from, only results in death to them - which is explained in the Scriptures, but they don't actually believe the Scriptures that they have put their faith in.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Gal 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Over and over they go back to trying to read the Scriptures and do what they think is right as opposed to hearing the Lord via His Holy Spirit!!

Everyday called "Today" they reject the Lord Jesus Christ in their life, by refusing to believe He is there to be heard from. Everyday prayer then becomes an exercise is speaking to Him they do not believe will answer them! The Scriptures are a book left behind by Him who is either dead or in some far-off place, so a response cannot expected.

So if they say Jesus Christ is Lord, it is not a confession that they actually get instructions from Him. Prayer is a religious act or routine to be practiced, and not a conversation. The Scriptures are not a textbook the Teacher uses, but rather the Law left behind by Him of has left them behind. A personal relationship with God is then a religious experience with the Book, as opposed to actually knowing the person Jesus Christ!

Jesus told those like them:

Jn 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

They read the above but pass over it because they cannot think that it actually was said and then written for people like them. They simply don't believe the sacred writing they say they believe.

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

But that was all explained, and over and over, so they would have no excuse on that day when they are told:

Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

The Holy Spirit once told me: "We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures. We use the Scriptures to preach the Lord." but they got it all backwards.