Hearing and the Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christ, whom we call Jesus because He is our savior, has a name. His name is called "The Word of God" (See Rev 19:13)

He is not our Bible, but the One the Bible tells us about. The Bible has more in it than just that, but that is the main purpose of the Bible; to tell us about Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

He is called the Word of God because we hear words from Him. He has always been the Word of God. (See Jn 1:1) His sheep hear His voice. So it was that we read in the Bible about people who heard from Him. Indeed, those people who wrote the Scriptures did so because they heard from Him. He was always around to be heard from, which is why when Moses asked who to say He was Moses was told that He was I AM. So it is that the Word of God we preach is not a book with the Scriptures in it (your Bible) but Him who is always around to be heard from. The Word of God we preach (Him) is found in your mouth and heart because He sends His Holy Spirit to speak the words He personally has to your spirit.

Now I spent the first 40 years of my life never having heard a word from Him. The first words I heard Him tell me were, "Read Your Bible", and that was a little over 20 years ago. It took me a little time to read the Bible and to figure out that He was the Great I AM and The Word of God - meaning that I could walk and talk with Him all the time. Maybe it took me a year to figure that out.

With that said, I want to point out that my parents took me to church when I was a child, and this was never explained to me. And later in my life my wife decided to take the family, including me, to church for a year or two, and this was never explained to me. Indeed, He has me post on this forum and this is normally not clearly explained here either. So I want to talk about this, which I have often done, but I am going to explain it as simply as I can.

Reactions: Pearl and soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Christ, whom we call Jesus because He is our savior, has a name. His name is called "The Word of God" (See Rev 19:13)

He is not our Bible, but the One the Bible tells us about. The Bible has more in it than just that, but that is the main purpose of the Bible; to tell us about Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

He is called the Word of God because we hear words from Him. He has always been the Word of God. (See Jn 1:1) His sheep hear His voice. So it was that we read in the Bible about people who heard from Him. Indeed, those people who wrote the Scriptures did so because they heard from Him. He was always around to be heard from, which is why when Moses asked who to say He was Moses was told that He was I AM. So it is that the Word of God we preach is not a book with the Scriptures in it (your Bible) but Him who is always around to be heard from. The Word of God we preach (Him) is found in your mouth and heart because He sends His Holy Spirit to speak the words He personally has to your spirit.

Now I spent the first 40 years of my life never having heard a word from Him. The first words I heard Him tell me were, "Read Your Bible", and that was a little over 20 years ago. It took me a little time to read the Bible and to figure out that He was the Great I AM and The Word of God - meaning that I could walk and talk with Him all the time. Maybe it took me a year to figure that out.

With that said, I want to point out that my parents took me to church when I was a child, and this was never explained to me. And later in my life my wife decided to take the family, including me, to church for a year or two, and this was never explained to me. Indeed, He has me post on this forum and this is normally not clearly explained here either. So I want to talk about this, which I have often done, but I am going to explain it as simply as I can.
@Karl Peters Reminds me of Romans 10.17:

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." :)

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the best way to get yourself to hearing the Lord is to ask Him a question. I recommend keeping the question very simple at first, because we hear from Him with faith - that belief that He is there to be heard from. It is much harder to believe you will get an answer from God for some things than for others.

One of my favorite questions to ask Him is, "Jesus Christ, is it time to get up?" Of course, I ask that question when I am lying in bed in the morning when I first wake up. Like many, I kind of hope He tells me to go back to sleep, but more often it turns out that He was behind even my waking up.

In ministry we often had people ask Him, "Jesus Christ, how do you feel about me?" or perhaps "Jesus Christ, is there anyone I need to forgive."

They are simple questions and fairly easy to believe in an answer for, and they express belief that He is there to give you an answer. In fact, He is there to give us answers, but it is often hard to believe that. The fact that He is there often results in surprising answer, showing you that He is there with us and it is not just your imagination producing the answer. That is to say that we often saw people get amazed and exited with what came back to them. Of course, you never know. According to His desire, we have to live by faith and not knowing. Still if you spend much time seeking Him and listening for Him, it becomes very obvious that He is there, or at least someone who is not you and is smarter than you is there. Thus, you become aware of a heavenly or spiritual realm exists.

Soon after, if not before, you start becoming aware that the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around. In the Bible it is explained that God has put before us both good and evil, which means 2 things to us. One is that we have to use some discernment because there is also evil. It also mean means that God is also there to be found and it is written, seek and you shall find. So how often are we to seek Jesus Christ?

Paul wrote something about taking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ, so all the time you have thoughts is the best answer. There is also something written about "Today" if you hear His voice. So, if you are not hearing from Him every day called "Today" you are not seeking and listening to Him like you should. Of course, He has forgiveness for us, but we should be hearing from our Lord Jesus Christ every day and the more the better!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Karl, the bible testifies of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit as well as the devil and his angels. It also testifies of Angels of God. And of course mankind and our works be them good or evil.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Karl Peters

A very nice read, your relationship with our God shines forth in it… May He bless and increase your hearing of Jesus, you so nicely write about…

Be blessed in your searching into Him…

A fellow follower, Not me

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Karl, the bible testifies of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit as well as the devil and his angels. It also testifies of Angels of God. And of course mankind and our works be them good or evil.

Well - pretty close. It is written that only God is good and of us Jesus is recorded as saying "If you being evil..."

Now He counts us who believe in Him as being righteous, but that does not mean we are! What it believing in Him means that He can talk to us, thus get us to do what He needs. In that case we become kind of like a tool in His hand that He, who is only good, and who is righteous, can use.

If we understand this, then we look to hear from Him more and more and lean on our understanding less and less. That is to say we grow in Christ, but it is contingent on believing in Him and thus seeking Him - as opposed to believing in ourselves and 'our good works'.

Still, we get side-tracked, busy, forgetful, and even rebellious at times, and don't always seek Him and what He has to say. It is a good thing that where sin abounds His mercy and grace abound so much more. That is not an excuse for not seeking Him and listening to Him, but it does keep us believers in a relationship with Him, which is what He really wants. :)

Oh - also concerning what all the Bible testifies to - The Bible has many things, like history, wise sayings, information the Lord had to say - however all that has an unlining reason, and that is to testify about Jesus Christ!! As for the Father and the Holy Spirit, they want that the Son is glorified. That is the reason the Father gave all things to the Son, which includes the very words of God, and the reason that the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own initiative but rather only speaks what He hears. It is also why the Father made Jesus Christ the King over the Kingdom of God - so telling us about the heavenly hosts is testifying about the King! So yeah - we are told about the Kingdom of God but don't we understand the Kingdom of God testifies about the King?

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Christ - I haven't heard that in awhile. That is proper pronunciation of Christ on earth .. Jesus the Christ!

Jesus (the Mary body), the Christ (God with us). The word was with God, and the word was God. And the word became flesh.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Christ - I haven't heard that in awhile. That is proper pronunciation of Christ on earth .. Jesus the Christ!

Jesus (the Mary body), the Christ (God with us). The word was with God, and the word was God. And the word became flesh.

A really good thing to do is study what the word Christ is in Hebrew. I know this will help you understand this word from the Hebrew language.

Shalom

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A really good thing to do is study what the word Christ is in Hebrew. I know this will help you understand this word from the Hebrew language.

Shalom

Christ is a Hebrew word, it is from a Greek word - and mean "Annointed One"

"I copied the below from the net - The word “Christ,” which in the Greek language is equivalent to the word “Messiah” of the Hebrew language (John 1:41), means the anointed one. The prophecy of Psalm 2:2 foretold that earthly rulers would rise us “ against the LORD and against His Anointed."

Ps 2:2 The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,

Ps 2:6 “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.” “I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

So the Christ (Jesus - and Jesus means our savior) is the One anointed by the Father --- and we find that He (the Christ, Jesus) has been given things from the Father, which include the very words of God. And the Holy Spirit takes those words God has for us and speaks them to us.

Jn 16: 14-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Thus the Holy Spirit acts kind of like a living telephone line to us, brings us the words of God, which belong to the Son (Jesus Christ), because the Father gave them to Him. That is why Jesus (the anointed One) Christ is called the Word of God.

Revelation 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

And so we find people in the Bible, like Abram, who heard the word of God speaking to him via the Holy Spirit

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

Still, there were a larger group of people found in the desert who did not want to listen to The Word of God, saying things in their hearts like, "Let not God speak to us"

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die.”

They are a rebellious people who pretend obedience to the Annointed One. They don't actually listen to Him and His instructions given to them personally!

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD;

And the prophets of old had to deal with those ancient people back then.

Is 30:10 Who say to the seers, “You must not see visions”; And to the prophets, “You must not prophesy to us what is right,
Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions.

Of course, always the right thing to do is to listen to God's Annointed that who is on the throne (Jesus Christ) yet those rebelious people back then 'refused' to listen to Him!! And so, the message kept going out!

Mat 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

The work of God to this day is still that all should come to know the Son! The Bible (The Holy Scriptures) give us all this information, but getting to know a person is not like getting to know a Book. We get to know a person by sitting down and listening to them, like perhaps over lunch! So knowing Jesus Christ (the anointed One, the King of kings, the Word of God) requires you listen to Him - as in actually hearing the words from Him that come to us via His Holy Spirit. So it is that the word of God (Him) that we preach is found in our hearts and sometimes in our mouths, because what is in the heart tends to come out the mouth.

It's all very simple to understand really. It is really just summed up in the statement the Father made from the mountain "listen to Him!"

It only becomes complicated because we say "Let not God speak to us". So it takes alot to get the simple message across to those (us men and women) who don't really want to listen to Him. We will do almost anything to try and not listen to Him!! We might even take a thread about listening to Him and try and change it into a thread on what "Christ" means in Hebrew when it comes from a Greek word.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People - hearing the Lord Jesus Christ is very easy!! It just takes a little bit of faith and we can hear from Him!

I usually hear from Him about a dozen times a day, and it normally start when I get up. By that I mean I often start hearing from Him even before I get out of bed. I like this morning. He started talking to me before I even got my head off my pillow. He was telling me that "We are going to do great things today.".

I have been listening to Him for over 20 years now, which means I didn't start hearing from Him until I was over 40. I wish I had been hearing from Him the first 40 years of my life, but I am happy that I now hear from Him every day called "Today". I am just get such a kick out of hearing God!

For example - He is such an encourager!!

That is why He told me "We are going to do great things today". I have heard that many times before. I guess we will, but my verson of 'great things' is not His verson of 'great things.'

For example - He thinks getting me to write people about Him is a 'great thing.' If you really know Him you would understand.

He once was talking to me about how important each person is to Him. He had taken me to a place that cost me $40 to go to, just so I could talk to a person about Him. I was complaining about spending the $40 for a short moment to tell someone about Him, and I didn't think it accomplished anything. He then asked me, "Karl, How much would I pay for person? ... A planet? A Star?"

You can buy people. It is hard enough to just get them to give you their time. Thus the $40 cost. And in truth everything including the planets, stars, people, and even their time were made through Him, yet they/we won't listen to Him.

Do you know what the word hearing means in the Biblical languages? Once this is learned you will understand what this verse is saying.

The verse does not say anything - because the verse is writing and not a person! Jesus Christ however is a person, and the Annointed person whose name is called "The Word of God" because we can hear from Him! So if you want understanding you want to listen to Him - not lean on your own understanding of any verse!! Once you learn this you will get understanding, because He is understanding!! Understanding is one of His (Jesus Christ's) names.

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Prov 2:11 Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you,

If you don't understand the proverbs above consider that we are sent the Holy Spirit who speaks to our spirit, so we hear words from the Father and they come through the Son who owns them. So Prov 2:6 could be written - For the Lord gives the Holy Spirit; From His mouth come the Father and Son (which is where we get knowledge and understanding)

Thus, in Prov 2:11 it is telling us that the Son will watch over us.

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

So the problem with thinking; I will read a verse and that reading of the verse is God speaking to me - is that you make God to be either dead or in some far-off place called heaven, so you are not actually seeking Him and His words to you! Of course the Bible covers that topic too:

Romans 10:6-8 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

It is easy to hear the Lord your God, Jesus Christ!!

Just don't start saying that He is dead or in a far off place called Heaven! That will lean you into saying in your heart that He must then have left us the Bible and it then speaks to us. And if you want to talk about the Anti-Christ: The first words that snake in the garden said were: "Did God really say..." He has always been promoting the idea that the Lord is not around to be heard from! But that snake if crafty, so how is he saying "Did God really say" to you? Is it by trying to tell you the Bible speaks, as opposed to God speaks so we ned to listen to Him?

Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth; For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up, But they have revolted against Me.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we know what is and what is not the word of God?

The question above is wrong!!

The Word of God is a person - Jesus Christ!!

Jesus Christ is alive and active. He sends His Holy Spirit to speak to our spirit - so it is that the Holy Spirit acts like a living telephone line to our Lord Jesus Christ. If you talk to your brother on the telephone you don't say you are talking to the phone - and in the same way we are able to talk to our Lord Jesus Christ - whose name is called "The Word of God".

Yet the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around - so there is a question to ask ourselves, but it is not 'what is the word of God - but who is the Word of God?

It is a question of discern what spirit we are hearing from. It is a question of discernment of spirits!

So what spirit might want us to say, "How do we know what is the word of God", as opposed to who is the word of God? That question changes us from seeking our Lord Jesus Christ to trying to lean on our own understanding for the answers!

The devils want us to lean on our own understanding as opposed to seeking Jesus Christ and what He has to say. If the dark spiritual forces in this world that we battle with can get us to lean on our understanding as opposed to seeking our Lord Jesus Christ, then they have succeeded in getting us to turn from the Lord to our understanding. Therefore - our understanding must be that Jesus Christ is Understanding!!

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” And call understanding your intimate friend;

We need to get to know Jesus Christ (Understanding) as a friend of ours

Prov 8:14 “Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine.

We know that Jesus Christ was the child that was born to us, and His name is called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace"

Is 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

That child, the Christ, goes by a lot of names because He does lots of things for us! He gives us peace. He is like a Father to us. Power is certainly His, so He is called Might God. And He indeed have wonderful cousel for us - but He once told me, "Karl, whey call me Wonderful Counselor and so I am, but I am not a wonderful counselor to those who don't listen to Me."

And He has other names, like Understanding. We get understanding by listening to Him and what He has to say to us, and not by leaning on our own understanding! WE CAN AND NEED TO LISTEN TO HIM!

Which is why His name is called "The Word of God"!!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God!

SO THE WORD OF GOD IS A WHO NOT A WHAT!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scripture? Ok

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scripture? Ok

Jn 5:39-41 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men;

Jesus, when in the flesh on earth, spoke to men who were saying "Scripture" - Ok. But they did not believe those men like Moses, who wrote the Scriptures - otherwise they would have been seeking Jesus Christ and His words.

Jn 5:46,47“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

It is not the Scriptures that give you discernment of spirit, but rather the it's the Lord through His Holy Spirit that does that!

1 Cor 12:10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.

So it is that we have test to you concerning the Holy Spirit to test the spirits and so it is that with our practice of listening to our Lord via His Holy Spirit we learn how to discern good from evil!

1 Jn 4: 1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

1 Cor 12-3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

So it is not by our understanding of the Scriptures, but by our doing what the Scriptures asks and start seeking our Lord Jesus Christ like the Scriptures tells us, that we learn about discernment of spirit - because when seeking Jesus Christ He sends His Holy Spirit to give us His words of wisdom.

Now this thread is about hearing the Lord, but many turn from hearing Him by faith back to leaning on their own understanding. They wind up searching the Scriptures thinking in them they have life as opposed to seeking the words of Jesus Christ which come from the Holy Spirit to our spirit so that we find His words to us near us, in our hearts and perhaps on our lips - but not in any book! Not even in the Holy Bible, but rather in the Holy Spirit, like the Bible explains!!

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing The Word of God means actually hearing from Jesus Christ!!!

Those men who wrote the Bible heard from the Christ! Jesus Christ has always been the Word of God!

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

He is not the Bible, but He is the One who comes with the words of God for us personally, just like He came with the words of God for Abraham, Moses, and those who wrote the Bible. Those who wrote the Bible were writing to tell us that He (the Christ) is there with us to be heard from. That is what they did and so they wrote that you might do the same!!

So, it is a good idea to read and study the Bible, but if in so doing you did not start seeking a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, meaning that you and Jesus Christ talk back and forth everyday - then you missed the whole point they were trying to get across to you!!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 5:39-41 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men;

Jesus, when in the flesh on earth, spoke to men who were saying "Scripture" - Ok. But they did not believe those men like Moses, who wrote the Scriptures - otherwise they would have been seeking Jesus Christ and His words.

Jn 5:46,47“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

It is not the Scriptures that give you discernment of spirit, but rather the it's the Lord through His Holy Spirit that does that!

1 Cor 12:10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.

So it is that we have test to you concerning the Holy Spirit to test the spirits and so it is that with our practice of listening to our Lord via His Holy Spirit we learn how to discern good from evil!

1 Jn 4: 1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

1 Cor 12-3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

So it is not by our understanding of the Scriptures, but by our doing what the Scriptures asks and start seeking our Lord Jesus Christ like the Scriptures tells us, that we learn about discernment of spirit - because when seeking Jesus Christ He sends His Holy Spirit to give us His words of wisdom.

Now this thread is about hearing the Lord, but many turn from hearing Him by faith back to leaning on their own understanding. They wind up searching the Scriptures thinking in them they have life as opposed to seeking the words of Jesus Christ which come from the Holy Spirit to our spirit so that we find His words to us near us, in our hearts and perhaps on our lips - but not in any book! Not even in the Holy Bible, but rather in the Holy Spirit, like the Bible explains!!

lk 10:16

the apostolic teaching is the word of God!
The Bible alone is false doctrine

The word of God:

The word of God is not limited to the “Bible alone” as some erroneously teach!

The word of God came to Abraham, to Moses, the prophets, and to John the Baptistin the wilderness (Lk3:2) but it did not come by the Bible, or the “Bible alone” not by any book, chapter, or verse!

Scripture all scripture is inspired, all the books and chapters of the canonical scripture authorized by Christ and His church!

The teaching authority of the apostles is the God breathed word of God!

Jn 20:23 He breathed on them (the apostles) and said receive the Holy Spirit…

Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me. (Hears the word of God)

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you.

Acts 2:42 the doctrine of the apostles is the word of God!

Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ

1 Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

(The apostles received the word of God and handed it down to us, partly in the scripture)

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 10:16

the apostolic teaching is the word of God!
The Bible alone is false doctrine

Jesus Christ is "The Word of God" - according to the very Scriptures that some are putting their faith in, as opposed to putting their faith in Jesus Christ!

Jesus is called "The Word of God" because He is the Teacher, and so it is that His sheep hear His voice which comes to us from His Holy Spirit to our spirit!

The men of God who wrote the Bible did so because they were inspired by Him (Jesus Christ), meaning they heard from Him personally! Because they heard from Him personally, they told others to hear from Him personally like them. That is what their writing was really about. They wrote that the word of God we preach (Jesus Christ) is near us. He and His words to us are found in our hearts and sometimes in our mouth, simply because Jesus Christ speaks to us via His Holy Spirit. Yet those same authors of the Bible also noted that many are unwilling to listen to Him, so that with their ears (spiritual ears) they don't hear. This is also what Jesus explained to those type of religious people also. And since there is nothing new under the sun, we still find the person looking to the Scriptures as opposed to looking to our Lord Jesus Christ and listening to Him.

Now what teacher doesn't put in front of their students a book. So our Lord did get a book, The Bible, to teach us from, but He is not your teacher if you are not listening to Him. Checking out a book is not the same thing as taking a class with a teacher. In our case, the Teacher is God and so what He says to us while personally teaching us is the words of God to us, and the words of God of course from the Teacher whose name of course is called "The Word of God."

Still, Jesus Christ has not yet been revealed to everyone. Some are still leaning on their understanding of the Scriptures, just like is explained in the Scriptures,

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

It is not hard to see who they are. They are the ones who don't hear His voice, and their comments clearly show that. - "Apostolic teaching" indeed. It is written that they are all taught of God, but of course not all. Some don't hear His voice. His sheep hear His voice. I know I do. And He loves teaching me things, using the Bible and even all the rest of His creation. But as for the 'apostles'; I have never heard from them. They have not taught me anything, but He uses what they wrote to show me many things. He shows me that they were a lot like me; wishing that all would truly come to know Him personally! That is why they wrote, and why I wrote. That those who don't know Him would come to know Him, by seeking Him (Jesus Christ) though a faith that says that He is always with us so He can always be heard from. So it is that the Word of God we preach is Jesus Christ, meaning He personally talkes to those willing to let Him into their lives. That is the word of God we are preaching!! That Jesus Christ is Lord; meaning He personally gives you instructions including what to read so you and He can talk about it.

So it is sad to see someone write:

(The apostles received the word of God and handed it down to us, partly in the scripture)

Because they are looking to people (the apostles of old) as opposed to actually seeking Jesus Christ as the living Word of God!

Will you find Jesus Christ, and get to know Him, if you are looking to men of old instead of Him? No

Still there is the good news if anyone cares to believe: He is still patiently knocking on the door of their hearts with His voice hoping that someday they might open up to Him and let Him into their lives! And so that is the message I bring - that He wants those called me His name (Christians) to actually seeking Him and what He has to say to them, personally!

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Ps 81:8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

Ps 81:13 “Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

He so badly wants His people (Christians) to listen to Him!

Ps 81:11“But My people did not listen to My voice,
And Israel did not obey Me.

Yet too many won't listen to Him, so what is He to do?

Ps 81:12 “So I gave them over to the stubbornness of their heart,
To walk in their own devices.

It is a scarry thing to think about. What will happen if we refuse to listen to the Lord and go through life without actually knowing Him?

Ps 81:15 “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him, And their time of punishment would be forever.

If I really care for people, should I know tell them honestly about Jesus Christ and how He want to talk to them personally. If I really care for people, show I not honestly tell them about what awaits if they don't actually get to know Him, even personally as their Lord and Teacher?

He really is a loving a patient God, full of mercy and grace. Yet to receive the fullness of His mercy and grace you are going to need to personally get to know Him. You are going to have to hear His voice!

It's not that God gave us the Bible!! It's that the Bible is correct, and it explains that God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son!!

We how know Him know we have Him!! We have Him as our Teacher! So we would never write that the apostles teach us. That would just be sillly. We have Him as our Lord, so we get instructions from Him personally! We have Him, so we get counsel, wisdom, encouragement, understanding, knowledge, and more from Him voice. We have Him, so we have a friend in Jesus, but He is not friend of yours if you don't even know Him!

As of the Apostles and such, who wrote the Bible, I don't personally know any of them. Maybe someday, but as for "Today" I walk and talk with Him, my Lord Jesus Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a personal covenant with Christ?

Christ speaks thru his apostles in his church
Matt 18:17
1 Tim 3:15