Hearing, discerning, and God's love for people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have read some of my other testimonies, you will have seen how the Lord came into my life with the words "Read Your Bible" I did that, and strange things began to happen (dreams, vision, more). I had figured out while driving to work one day that I could not only talk to the Lord inside me, but also hear from Him inside me. So I started talking with Him a lot. He had me see my grandparents before He took them to heaven. I found out that He still does miracle healing today, when He got me to pray for my daughter and the swelling in her knee started going down under my hand while praying. Still, there is a lot to learn from the Lord. There is a lot to learn.

One thing to learn, is that the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit. We kind of know that, but we don't - not really. I think the following will start to help understand.

I was a retail manager and needed to hire a couple of employees. Since I was now hearing from the Lord regularly I decided to ask Him for help. I pulled out a stack of about 100 application, turn them over one at a time asking Jesus each time if I should hire that person? I didn't look at the applications but just listened with my spiritual ears.

I had gone through about 2/3rds of the applications before I heard Him tell me, "That one!"

Ok - I put that application aside and continued because I need at least 2 new employees. There were only about 10 application left when He again said, "That one."

So out of the approximately 100 applications I had, He had picked out 2. I needed at least 2 and normally would interview three people for each position I had. I also normally could eliminate most of the applications simply because I needed a part time employee with good availability. I now looked at the applications and they looked like one I would have chosen myself. So I set up interviews with them.

I was thinking that the Lord was going to get me a couple of hard working, honest, nice, Christians for help.

The first person I brought in look great. She had a few part time jobs before and was currently making jewelry herself and was selling the jewelry to small stores. So she had initiative, with some experience, some business sense, and could easily work for us and do her other work around out schedule. The interview was excellent - until I got down to the last thing on her application. When I asked her about selling the jewelry I found out that she was making "spiritual" stones and selling them to "New Age" shops.

My mind just about exploded inside when I found this out. I was thinking nice Christian employees, and He was telling me to hire this obviously demon influenced person?? So I thanked her for coming in and told her that I would get back to her. Then I went to my office and started hooking up with the Lord.

I told Him, "She is selling spiritual stones to New Age shops and You want me to hire her???!!!"

He was quick and calm. "Yes I do."

I checked the spirit - "Tell me Jesus Christ came in the flesh!! Tell me Jesus Christ is Lord!!" (See 1 Jn 4:1-3 - 1 Cor 12:3) - The Holy Spirit checked out!

It took Him a few minutes do calm me down. Then He asked me to call her up and offer her the job. Now I told Him that certainly the demonic spirits with her would know what He was up to, but I called her up and she was excited to get the job. Then about 20 minutes later she called me back up and told me she couldn't take it. Well _ had told Him that those evil spirit would stop her from taking it.

About an hour later He asked me to call her again, and see if she might change her mind. I did, but got a parent of hers. I explained that I was offering a job to her and was hoping that she might have changed her mind. I was told that she did need and want a job and they would tell her I had called back.

It is written that His thoughts are not our thoughts!!! There might not be a more true statement in the Bible than that. I had thought of using Him to get good Christian employees, He had thought that getting me someone to testify about Him was more important!! Still she would have probably made an ok employee.

Of course that was just the first attempt at getting my 2 employees! It becomes even more interesting!!

Reactions: Nancy