Heaven or Hell/Saved or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*Light*

Jun 28, 2019
The Eternal City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I normally do not respond to such comments that have no scriptural references at all, but merely slander and accusations (i.e., "ad hominem attacks"), and we all know where this comes from. Not only that, I can easily discern that you are too prideful to admit that you cannot possibly be wrong, even though it is crystal clear that what I wrote is indeed True. You accused me of "promoting" Calvinism, and that is absolutely false in your assessment, so you made an egregious error, but the tragedy in this is that you won't even admit to that -- because of spiritual pride, or perhaps you are not saved at all. This is why I wrote this message, so those who struggle with doubts of their assurance of Salvation would have a settled peace in their hearts.

One major sign of pride and spiritual immaturity is an utter failure in giving a defense of why my message is a false Gospel. The words that come from your mouth has its origin from within your heart; that is, you do NOT believe what the Scriptures clearly teach. The infallible Word of God explicitly teaches that the [elect] are [predestined], and the Bible even uses that exact word (cf. Rom. 8:30), and the very fact that you failed to acknowledge this TRUTH is indicative of someone who interprets the Bible according to their own "opinions" - - and not sound exegesis and biblical hermeneutics. Moreover, if you had indeed read my entire thread, then you would not have accused me of being a Calvinist, because I explicitly wrote that I am NOT a Calvinist.

So, the reality of your spiritual condition is that you are self-deceived, and I specifically mentioned these types of professing Christians.

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, [IT IS FOLLY AND SHAME UNTO HIM]." (Proverbs 18:13)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@*Light* : You present a lengthy OP. I do agree with a lot of it. However, one area stands out the most for me. It is an apparent difference of belief. You apparently, and also say, you believe in a/the Triune (G)god - suggesting that you also believe in 3 persona (G)gods that are all three considered the Triune (G)god. I believe simply in scripture and not in any incarnation or hypo-static union to make a son the Father or the 2nd persona etc. These are additional thoughts not found in scripture. This is what the Spirit tells me.

As it says, YHWH is the Father and is always greater than his Son, Yahshua? Yahshua does the work of his Father and not his own. Yahshua comes in his Father's name. Yashua does the will of his Father. YHWH is the only true 'God.' (John 5:43; 6:40; 8:28, 38, 49, 54; 10:18, 25, 29, 37; 12:27; 14:2, 13, 26, 28; 15:1, 8, 10, 15, 16; 17:24; 20:17; 2 Peter 1:17; Rev 3:5, 21......etc)

I have been a believer in Christ for most of my life, and still growing in the Spirit. How say you?

Bless you,

APAK

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Heaven or Hell/Saved or Not?

Both of these ideas are not part of the biblical dialectic. They are a misunderstanding of the biblical message.

Heaven's counterpart is Earth...not hell. As in..."On earth as it is in heaven. (Heaven and Hell was a Black Sabbath album I think)

Saved or not presumes this is judgment day. And this is what it takes to apply this phrase before it's time...presumption. Judge nothing before the time. There are many surprises in store come judgment day....for some a pleasant one and for others not so much.

Let he/she be careful who thinks he/she stands lest he/she falls.

Not everybody who begins the race finishes it. Some quit and some are disqualified. One must endure to the end to be saved in any kind of eternal sense.

Reactions: faithfulness

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You accused me of "promoting" Calvinism, and that is absolutely false in your assessment...
Then why did you raise questions which only Calvinists raise and are worded accordingly?

VI. Is God "unfair" if He FREELY chooses to save a select FEW while MANY perish? And if so, why?...
IX. Is God a "monster" if He decides NOT to save those who will ultimately end up in Hell and the Lake of Fire to face Eternal Punishment? And if so, why? Is God unjust if He freely chooses to make that decision as the Most Absolute Sovereign Creator?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like we have another Calvinist here to promote the false gospel of Calvinism.

GOD DOES NOT PREDESTINE ANY FOR SALVATION OR DAMNATION.

IX. Is God a "monster" if He decides NOT to save those who will ultimately end up in Hell and the Lake of Fire to face Eternal Punishment? And if so, why? Is God unjust if He freely chooses to make that decision as the Most Absolute Sovereign Creator?

I do think you are right.

Much love!