hebrew and greek in end times study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
*****The use of Hebrew and Greek word study in end times usage is just as important, if not more so in these times, as their study for other usages within the Body of Christ.I am a small percentage Jewish ( and do not intend to sound antisemitic in any of My points ) *****Now it is clear we should carefully check our original language texts, if we are able to do so, so that we place our trust in God, instead of in man -and thus also force those whom we do trust, to be held accountable to the standard of, God, and not man. *****So in the study of Biblical hebrew where we shall begin: Now The Jews held the very letters of their text to be sacred, to the point that the masoretes developed a pointing or punctuation system for the hebrew text, which would not interfere with the text itsef, consisting of small dots and dashes and similar marks placed within and around the text.*****Now this sytem is used to define the Grammar, and syntax of the text, as well as define specific words, and their particular pronunciation, etc.., And as such it was a very usefull system, which the modern world has been able to use to understand biblical hebrew.*****However it also theologicaly fixes the text, according to the Jewish interpretation of the day, and thus divides the same word of consonants/some semi-vowels into various pronunciations, as if they were different words entierly -becuase Hebrew words can have a wide range of meanings, and thus they divided some words into seperate groupings. *****And subsequently For Christian Biblical word studies Strong came up with a word numbering system for which Hebrew and Greek words are which. and likewise since then others have created competing word numbering systems.****The First problem, For us is the Masorites could have been correct even most of the time, but made a few theological errors here or there, based on their expectations, so we need not use this part of the pointing system to force us to accept their conclusions each and every time. *****Secondly, the Hebrew is well enough understood, that instead we could adopt a system similar to that which has been created for "The analytical Greek New testament" ISBN 1-4120-5653-5, thus eliminating the out dated Masorete system. *****( And in this system a finite set of small english letters are placed beneath the Original language word, in spaced order, 1,2,3,4,5. So that depending on what letter combinations are used a "namxs," would read: "noun, accusative, masculine, first person, singular," thus replacing the gramatical /sntaxt areas of the Masorete system.***** and just above that listing in even smaller font size could be given The Hebrew words paricular pronunciation, such as "mashak," or "yarad," or whatever, thus replacing that portion of the Masorete system.****Third, if our Interlinear Hebrew/English and Greek/English bibles use the strongs ( or similar ) numbering system above each Hebrew or Greek word, than the original language "Lexicons," in the back of our "Exhaustive Concordances," would give the pronunciation of the particual words classification, , but above the "analytical Greek New Testament," type-grammar system.****Fourth The Masorete system, while usefull in it's day is so complex, serving multiple functions, that when We are forced to learn it, and the names for the various parts of the pointing system, and when they are used, and ignoring when they fix grammar beyond what were taught, etc.., we are given a heavy milstone of an absolutely useless "nomenclature," tied around our necks, used by the evil spirit of the world system, to make us not want to learn Biblical hebrew, or even Greek for that matter.*****And Lastly in relation to Biblical Hebrew, the dots, dashes, etc.., of the Masoretic system are so incredibly minute and so complex from having to serve so many purposes, and so carefully placed ( even within the text ), as well as above, below, and beside the Hebrew text, that it is actualy a very expensive system to "Typeface" into a text, and thus a modern system would be less prone to errors, and be more cost effective -saving precious financial resources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****We should scream and shout until our so called Christian Scholars and Publishers give us a system which does not get in our way of simply learning enough of the Biblical languages we wish to learn, for our own particular level of study,****Because are they not to be conscerned with the Knowledge neccessary to understand God's Words, and Evangelize the world, instead of being Pompous and Arogant Hypocrites, demanding we learn useless nomenclature, to prevent us from learning God's word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****What indeed could they be trying to hide, if they do not replace a useless system for learning Biblical Hebrew, when we are not concerned with sitting before a pretty Torah Scroll in a Synagogue ??????????? *****And we do not need a pointing system to teach us to pronounce hebrew "On the Fly," as if we were Cantors, singing the text from a sacred scroll in the same Synagogue, becuase We do not allow ourselves a different system within our scrolls*****while instead we could find small font english pronunciation found beneath the Original language words in an interlinear text, if we need to pronounce entire texts so badly,*****Or we simply could look up our study text pronunciations from the Lexicons: Or Are we trying to read the text on the fly, like it were literature, or a foreign language lesson, so we could speek fluent Biblical Hebrew or Greek??????*****How Arrogant our Universities, and Scholars, and Publishers are, if they don't replace this system. And again what have they got to hide???????? *****Have they been absorbed into the world system, and don't want us to learn to question them at all?????????????????*****Are we not allowed to study with the best tools available????????*****Biblical Hebrew is based in part on the Egytpian Language system, and is found in proto-hybrid usage from various regions in the ancient near east, sparking debate as to it's origins. Semetic language has been found also to have been converted into forms of cunieform, related to trading relations with the ancient city of ebla, going back to the 2nd millenium B.C.*****And no matter what is and what is not debated, hebrew is based in part on Egyptian language structure. Now the Egyptians utilized "Ideograms," in their heiroglyphic language as determinitive signs. *****And an "Ideogram," is simply "A graphic symbol representing an object or idea without expressing, as in a phonetic system, the sounds that form its name," or "a symbol representing an idea rather than a word,"Simply meaning the one sign could represent a whole word, or series of words, without phoneticaly sounding them out using it's smallest phonetic units strung together into a word.*****So in Biblical Hebrew there are rules and cases for the use of single letters as "Ideograms," or representations of entire words or strings of words, by use of single letters.*****For example a "He" infront of a word ( as a prefix to a word ), could mean "Towards," or "From," or "As if Towards," or "Away from," etc.., depending on which usage is apropriate. using small english letters beneath the words root/and modifiers combinations such as prefixes could be explained, as well as possibly using () such as (He)word, to show interlinear Hebrew /English divisions which make going thru the text easier or even dots ".." between prefixes and words and suffixes etc.., as we are not afraid to "Tamper" with the text pointing system, because what we are doing is not tampering with the text, but rather demanding better instructional tools,*****because under no circumstances should we be forced to learn this useless Hebrew pointing nomenclature, unless we be Pompous Scholars, who want to feel superior, becuase they could wade thru that heavy and grevious burden without being driven crazy,*****And instead we could ask Why is the "He" infront of the name Satan in the book of Job, to mean "The" "Satan," while all of the uses of the "He," infront of the name of God "Elohim," in the same book of Job does not mean "The" "God," *****But rather scholars over the centuries have come up with all kinds of "Convoluted" rules as to why the "He," infront of the name of God, means something like "Lo," and "Behold," while infront of Satan, it has to mean "The," Why????????????? Becuase they say so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****But why can it not be "Lo," or "Behold," "Satan' as well????????? Or "Behold the true nature of Satan," and "Behold the true nature of God," thus signifying emphasis like the true and Holy nature of God, and the true and pridefull nature of satan. *****But instead of a consistant rule of emphasis, we have to be forced to be taught there is no satan, or serpent, or dragon, or leviathan -meaning the devil in the O.T., because the ignorant and inocent Jews, could only have gotten such concepts from the Persians,*****And thus the truth of Academic Hatred for all things God, including His Spirit, Presense, and Teachings, are also hated. Prophecy can not exist, so Daniel must be late 1st Century, and Isaiah has to be 3 Isaiahs ( with the inclusion of Deutero-Isaiah and Trito-Isaiah ), etc.., *****We may have to take that crap from the secular world, but why do we also let the so called Christian academic world force feed us the same crap???????????*****Stop being so "Elitist," and open up the Texts and Bible study and Language study Material for us, and stop worrying about what percentage of us poor misinformed non-academic, types ( in their estimation), might actualy believe that Job does not say "The Satan," *****and I don't care how many Jewish and Christian scholars, or Burning Firebrands of Deception, one parades from Loyola-Marymount Univeristy for example, to give us the comical "Mysteries of The Bible," series on the Histroy Chanel.*****I might not have the worlds precious credentials they paid their 30 pieces of silver for, but I Know enough to know that most Biblical language studies are handeld wrong, do not always tell the truth, and do not allways tell the whole truth.*****And in relation to N.T. Greek studies: History, Such as in Roman times, when the Goths, and Vandals and such were incorporated into the Roman world, in it's own times of troubles, that eventualy the Vandals from spain, in league with similar thinking and swept into North Africa, and thru to Alexandria and beyond, hunting out and killing clergy they disagreed with and burning Biblical texts which favored a "Trinitarian," belief. And after the Vandals ( which is how we get the modern word "Vandal" ) burned what texts they could they eventualy were replaced by time,*****but in the overall context The Romans burned Bible texts, the Vandals Burned Bible Texts, and others did likewise, and in this complex mess of early Christian History the Alexandrian and Byzantine text types came to differ.*****Well, Duhh!!!!!!!, if Trinitarian, and non Trinitarian texts were burned for pure hatred of eachothers beliefs, as if the evil kings of the North and South mentioned in Daniel battled it out within early Roman/and Byzantine time Christianity, and Burned text fragments ( post-Vandal ) were found in garbage heap excavations in Alexandria Egypt, all they witness to, is a retaliation to Vandal Text Burnings, and possible Vandal text burnings as well,*****So I suppose if burnded texts could be dated with more sophisticated techniques than simple carbon 14 dating ( since the texts were burned ), then maybee they will even find some came from different historical stages of text burnings, if not too close in date ranges with eachother,*****And all that that will prove is there was much trouble within early Christianity, and some minnor tampering with texts for and against trinitarian beliefs,*****But instead we have Scholars giving us their "Glorious" conclusions known as The NIV -with no proof of the quality of that particular round of burnt texts, but hey their old, so they must be good right??????????*****Even when we don't know who, or why they were burnt, and left in a garbage heap. But they must be the best possible text we could possess right??????????*****Christian acedamia is arogant, if we let them get away with it. And I love the ridiculous Aramaic debate. Hebrew words are "Pregnant," meaning they can possibly have several to enormous amounts of meanings. You could find hebrew words with 100 possible meanings for example.*****O.K. Aramaic is related to Hebrew, and is likewise a pregnant language. And The Aramaic version of the scriptures was written in block letters, like the Hebrew, until, they eventualy developed a script form lsimilar to arabic, and pointed their words like the Masoretes did.******So they divide the same exact word into several meanings, but call them "Split words," as if we are to ignorant to see it's the same thing the Masoretes did, but You call them "split words," as if we should fall down over this revelation!!!!!!!!!!!*****But The Aramaic words, because of how widely it had been used, also had words in cases with larger number of meanings than the Hebrew counterparts.*****And in the meanwhile in the O.T. God makes several refernces to Israel as like Wild Young Donkies Sniffing in the Wind, or as Camels Sniffing at the wind, and such, with similar descriptions such as ( And who could deny You in Your Season, etc.., { forgive Me, but this is all loosely from Memory },*****So in the N.T. when we are told that "They strain at gnats, but pass Camels," it could not possibly reffer to the O.T. texts comaring them to sexual-gnostic-animals ( in My opinion ), etc.., or again likewise "It is easier for a Camel to pass thru the eye of a needle...," has to mean rope and not camel, so they point to their "split word," and tell us we are wrong, but then again, when Jesus says "out of My Bowels ( meaning inner being ) shall flow water," *****the Aramaic split word could also mean "Testicles," and therefore ( with no disrepsect to My Lord and Savior Christ Jesus ) their arguments are useless, becuase they attack idiomatic expressions, based on a cute little convenient word trick *****( with no historical proof that camel also came to mean rope, because they altered that text point in the past, and that was forgotten ), or so on and so forth.., *****But the Hebrew and Greek idiomatic expressions, which prove the N.T. to be a Greek text, which occassional dealt with a aramaic expression, means nothing to aramaic 1st lovers ( of their own language ).*****Christian History may be a mess, becuase the world hates us so, but do we have to take this also all of the time from our own scholars as well??????????May God guide and Bless You RichlyThank You, Mike

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd say you made some great points in this article about this supposed scholarship that has creeped its way into the mainstream. I spent some time in classes that believed in this interpretation of the Bible. These so called "higher critics" are very much concerned with their OT sources - Jahwist, Elohist, Deuteronomical Historian, and the Priestly author.However, there is a serious problem with their junk. If you accept this line of thinking, then you accept that the Bible indeed never foretold the future. In a nutshell, these theories all throw out the idea that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.My last comment is on the last part about the figures of speech in the Bible. Our language has a lack of the ability to express as much as the Hebraic and Greek idioms, and this is something we do not seem to account for. We're merely limited to the occasional simile or metaphor in our language, and we forget that any such as a synechdoche or greater ever existed.In fact, in a secular topic, I heard one academic say that using a country to say "the country said today..." was a farce. The concept that this was a synecdoche simply did not dawn on him. Are guys like this who you want to interpret the Bible for you? Dr. James Strong provided one of the best tools of all time for those that cannot quite grasp Greek or Hebrew. The idea was to present the possible interpretations and the etymology of the words so that one could understand them.Yet we're going to put that aside for these scholars that don't even believe the Word of God to be the Word of God? It's not about varying viewpoints, it's not about diversity, it's about understanding God's letter to you so that you can say you did your absolute best and truly loved the Lord when you do stand in front of him. This is where those that vainly call upon his name will come to regret their willing ears to listen solely to the voice of man.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Great work Mike! This article should be required reading for every Christian that thinks men who read just English words Know the gospel truth. They have little comprehension of the Sacred and in depth meanings of Hebrew and to lesser degree Greek.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
*****I just made a few improvments to the original post, I hope You all are blessed By it, and please let Me know it it can be improved more.Thank You.May Christ Richly Bless You, Amen.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;21445)
Great work Mike! This article should be required reading for every Christian that thinks men who read just English words Know the gospel truth. They have little comprehension of the Sacred and in depth meanings of Hebrew and to lesser degree Greek.
Yea, I agree with you Kriss, I was merely being called a liar and "limiting God" a while back by a pentecostal person because I study and learn from the studies (on this site) Strongs Exhaustive Concordance (on the internet) and the KJV. Oh well, it's life and it doesn't hurt nor stop me from learning the True Word of God.(Mike1111Mike;21754)
*****I just made a few improvments to the original post, I hope You all are blessed By it, and please let Me know it it can be improved more.Thank You.May Christ Richly Bless You, Amen.
Thank you Mike!Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.