Hebrews 1:8 From the Greek

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To add to the conversation....You might try finding this in the Old Testament because that is what the scripture implies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and in Hebrews 1:8, God the Father is the Speaker, and He addresses Jesus Christ with the words that are used for Yahweh!

Hebrews is saying this...
But it is suggesting that it is in the Old Testament. You will not find this verse in the Old Testament.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hebrews is saying this...
But it is suggesting that it is in the Old Testament. You will not find this verse in the Old Testament.

Psalms 45:6-7
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.You love righteousness and hate wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 45:6-7
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.You love righteousness and hate wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

LOL I know the scripture. What I am saying is that this scripture has nothing to point it to the Son.
Hebrews adds...But about the Son he says...that is not in the Old Testament scripture. Psalms 45:6-7 is referring to Yahweh, no mention of the Son.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL I know the scripture. What I am saying is that this scripture has nothing to point it to the Son.
Hebrews adds...But about the Son he says...that is not in the Old Testament scripture. Psalms 45:6-7 is referring to Yahweh, no mention of the Son.

Because it is a quotation from the Old Testament by the Father to Jesus Christ

Hebrews chapter 1 has a few OT quotes used for Jesus Christ

Are you saying that Paul is wrong in writing what he does

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it is a quotation from the Old Testament by the Father to Jesus Christ

Hebrews chapter 1 has a few OT quotes used for Jesus Christ

Are you saying that Paul is wrong in writing what he does

First off, "they" are not sure if Hebrews was written by Paul.

Sometimes you look at the quotations in the New Testament about Old Testament scriptures and they are not there.

We can speculate what they are about and there are lost Old Testament "books" But in this case there is no reason to believe that Psalms 45:6-7 is referring to Christ.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
neither Jesus Christ, or any of the New Testament Writers quote from the LXX. They did however use a Hebrew Bible that in many places is close to what the LXX reads. Mark 4:12, for example, is not a LXX quote, nor from a Hebrew text that we have, but from a Version that is closer to the Jewish Aramaic, Targum, as is Mark 15:34, etc.

The LXX is a translation from the Hebrew, and therefore not "Inspired" by the Holy Spirit, it is impossible that the Lord Himself would have used a human translation, that has errors, as His OT Bible. The same is true of the NT Writers.

Sorry, you're wrong. You may think Christ could not use a defective version. But he does use defective people as well as flawed Bible translations.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First off, "they" are not sure if Hebrews was written by Paul.

Sometimes you look at the quotations in the New Testament about Old Testament scriptures and they are not there.

We can speculate what they are about and there are lost Old Testament "books" But in this case there is not reason to believe that Psalms 45:6-7 is referring to Christ.

the oldest Greek manuscript for Paul's Letters, is the Papyri P46, which is early 2nd century. Among Paul's Letters is Hebrews

regardless of what you might say, it is very clear from Hebrews 1:8, that Psalm 45:6-7 is Jesus Christ.

As I have shown in #8, the early Jewish Targum, has this Psalm as Messianic. Are you saying that Jesus is not The Messiah?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the Holy Bible in the Originals is not Infallible?

I am not into infallible but, like I said the person that wrote Hebrews maybe quoting an Old Testament scripture that is not in the canon of books that we have. And again there are lost books.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not into infallible but, like I said the person that wrote Hebrews maybe quoting an Old Testament scripture that is not in the canon of books that we have. And again there are lost books.

I don't believe in maybes, only facts. Without the Infallibility of the Original Bible, we have a book that is not much better than any other! It most certainly cannot be The Word of God!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
regardless of what you might say, it is very clear from Hebrews 1:8, that Psalm 45:6-7 is Jesus Christ.

You cannot even find the word Son in Psalm 45:6-7

As I have shown in #8, the early Jewish Targum, has this Psalm as Messianic. Are you saying that Jesus is not The Messiah?

You are looking in the wrong place. The Jewish targum or Tanakh is not speaking of the Son of God being the messiah because the Jews believed the messiah would be human...a human warlord king that would deliver them from their oppressors. One of the reasons they rejected Christ.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in maybes, only facts. Without the Infallibility of the Original Bible, we have a book that is not much better than any other! It most certainly cannot be The Word of God!

So you believe the world is flat and stars fall to earth? I know there are flat earth religions....all I can say is God bless you.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You cannot even find the word Son in Psalm 45:6-7

You are looking in the wrong place. The Jewish targum or Tanakh is not speaking of the Son of God being the messiah because the Jews believed the messiah would be human...a human warlord king that would deliver them from their oppressors. One of the reasons they rejected Christ.

what you are saying, is that the New Testament quotations from the Old, are wrong? There is no point in even believing in the Holy Bible, as it cannot be trusted, as it has human errors!

Your reasoning is based on nothing, as you do not beileve in the Infalibility of the Bible!

Pointless discussion, might as well be talking to a humanist

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you believe the world is flat and stars fall to earth? I know there are flat earth religions....all I can say is God bless you.

Isaiah 40:22, has the oldest reference to the earth being ROUND, "It is He that sitteth above the circle (ḥūḡ, circle, vault) of the earth"

This is because God revealed this Truth to the Prophet Isaiah! 300 years before the oldest secular reference, which is no doubt from Isaiah!

No doubt in God's Inspiration and Infalibility!