Hell Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No watch "truther' redefine death to mean immortal. Amazing the lengths proffessing Christians go to in order to blaspheme the character of God and his word.
Psalm 111:10 (NKJV)
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, killling about 50 people and maiming hundreds more with a "machine gun", and zero eternal consequences?

God is just?
Yes, God is just which is why I believe Him when He says the wages of sin is death. And for the sinner...

The "dead" are made "undead".
They are raised from the first death to hear the pronouncement of the verdict on the judgement... Guilty... And the sentence.... Eternal death. The soul that sinneth it shall die.

I am what would be called in most Christian churches, an annihilationist. I make absolutely no apologies for that. To anybody. For two prime reasons.
1. Any alternative, particularly but by no means exclusively, eternal torment, utterly disgusts me. Of all so called Christian doctrines promulgated non stop from Christian pulpits, the concept that the God of love, mercy, grace, justice, goodness, and truth would even consider the idea of deliberately keeping men, women, and children alive for ever in a state of constant non stop agony as punishment for a few short years of unbelief is the most insulting and blasphemous mischaracterisation of God on the planet. And considering it is shared by other heathen pagan religions as well should alert Christians that something is dreadfully wrong with their ideas. But no. Rather than humble themselves and revise their studies, they double down and call those who disagree with them heretics and not understanding the justice of God. Yet if a human in some horror movie invented a means by which to do the same as this make believe God they claim to know he would be rightly condemned as the most evil of creatures, yet at the same time justifying God for doing the same.

2. Annihilation is Biblical. Oh, you didn't know? You thought we invented the idea of of thin air? You think man is naturally immortal so cannot surely die despite the Bible declaring unequivocally that he can and does die? And is never resurrected a second time? Do you claim God's word as the basis for your faith? Then read on....

DESTRUCTION
KJV Psalms 145:20
20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
KJV Psalms 101:8
8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.
KJV Psalms 37:38
38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
KJV Psalms 92:7
7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
KJV Proverbs 13:13
13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
KJV Proverbs 10:29
29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
KJV Philippians 3:19
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
KJV 1 Timothy 6:9
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:9
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
KJV Matthew 7:13
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
PERISH
KJV Psalms 37:20
20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
KJV Proverbs 19:9
9 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.
KJV Luke 13:3
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
KJV John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
KJV 2 Thessalonians 2:10
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
KJV 2 Peter 2:12
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
BURNT UP
KJV Matthew 3:12
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
KJV Matthew 13:30
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
KJV Hebrews 6:8
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
KJV Malachi 4:1-3
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
CONSUMED
KJV Isaiah 1:28
28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
KJV Psalms 104:35
35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.
DEVOURED
KJV Psalms 21:9
9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
KJV Hebrews 10:27
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
KJV Revelation 20:9
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
CUT OFF FROM THE EARTH
KJV Psalms 37:2, 9, 22, 28, 34, 38
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
KJV Proverbs 2:22
22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.
PERDITION... UTTER RUIN
KJV Hebrews 10:39
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
KJV 2 Peter 3:7
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
CEASE TO EXIST
KJV Psalms 37:10
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

Reactions: amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...aannnd?
Aannnd what? Two main Bible doctrines are the fear of God and the wrath of God.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV)
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aannnd what? Two main Bible doctrines are the fear of God and the wrath of God.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV)
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Actually I don't disagree with you. Not sure what your point is. I would add another "main doctrine". The grace of God.
Do you keep His commandments?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I don't disagree with you. Not sure what your point is. I would add another "main doctrine". The grace of God.
Do you keep His commandments?
We are all sinners. But I'm VERY merciful!
Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
so, we can brutalize and kill our fellow humans and God will not eternally punish us?

Is the Vegas shooter in eternal rest now?
Again, you avoid the obvious. God said, 'the soul that sins shall die'. You say the soul that sins shall suffer eternal conscious torment. Personally, I think God has a better understanding of the subject

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God is just which is why I believe Him when He says the wages of sin is death. And for the sinner...

They are raised from the first death to hear the pronouncement of the verdict on the judgement... Guilty... And the sentence.... Eternal death. The soul that sinneth it shall die.

I am what would be called in most Christian churches, an annihilationist. I make absolutely no apologies for that. To anybody. For two prime reasons.
1. Any alternative, particularly but by no means exclusively, eternal torment, utterly disgusts me. Of all so called Christian doctrines promulgated non stop from Christian pulpits, the concept that the God of love, mercy, grace, justice, goodness, and truth would even consider the idea of deliberately keeping men, women, and children alive for ever in a state of constant non stop agony as punishment for a few short years of unbelief is the most insulting and blasphemous mischaracterisation of God on the planet. And considering it is shared by other heathen pagan religions as well should alert Christians that something is dreadfully wrong with their ideas. But no. Rather than humble themselves and revise their studies, they double down and call those who disagree with them heretics and not understanding the justice of God. Yet if a human in some horror movie invented a means by which to do the same as this make believe God they claim to know he would be rightly condemned as the most evil of creatures, yet at the same time justifying God for doing the same.

2. Annihilation is Biblical. Oh, you didn't know? You thought we invented the idea of of thin air? You think man is naturally immortal so cannot surely die despite the Bible declaring unequivocally that he can and does die? And is never resurrected a second time? Do you claim God's word as the basis for your faith? Then read on....

DESTRUCTION
KJV Psalms 145:20
20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
KJV Psalms 101:8
8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.
KJV Psalms 37:38
KJV Psalms 92:7
7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
KJV Proverbs 13:13
13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
KJV Proverbs 10:29
29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
KJV Philippians 3:19
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
KJV 1 Timothy 6:9
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:9
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
KJV Matthew 7:13
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
PERISH
KJV Proverbs 19:9
9 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.
KJV Luke 13:3
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
KJV John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
KJV 2 Thessalonians 2:10
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
KJV 2 Peter 2:12
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
BURNT UP
KJV Matthew 3:12
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
KJV Matthew 13:30
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
KJV Hebrews 6:8
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
KJV Malachi 4:1-3
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
CONSUMED
KJV Isaiah 1:28
28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
KJV Psalms 104:35
35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.
DEVOURED
KJV Psalms 21:9
9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
KJV Hebrews 10:27
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
KJV Revelation 20:9
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
CUT OFF FROM THE EARTH
KJV Psalms 37:2, 9, 22, 28, 34, 38
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
KJV Proverbs 2:22
22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.
PERDITION... UTTER RUIN
KJV Hebrews 10:39
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
KJV 2 Peter 3:7
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
CEASE TO EXIST
KJV Psalms 37:10
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
....then they are cast into the lake of fire.

The fire that shall never be quenched, where their worm dieth not......

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did make it work. You on the hand ingnorednthe other passage.
...they dead have no rest, day or night, who's smoke of their torment ascends up forever and ever.

Very clear to me.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you avoid the obvious. God said, 'the soul that sins shall die'. You say the soul that sins shall suffer eternal conscious torment. Personally, I think God has a better understanding of the subject
Wow, per your idea, the aborted baby get's the same judgmental result as the abortion doctor.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
...they dead have no rest, day or night, who's smoke of their torment ascends up forever and ever.

Very clear to me.
Obviously it's not because they're not dead. Read what it says. They are worshiping the beast. That's not hell. That takes place during the Tribulation. Study the book rather than just proof texting a passage.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Wow, per your idea, the aborted baby get's the same judgmental result as the abortion doctor.
Once again you side step what God said. It doesn't matter how repugnant you may find something. God said, 'the soul that sins shall die'. You said the soul that sins shall suffer eternal conscious torment. I think God has better understanding of this than you do.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Did Hitler get baptized with the Holy Ghost and baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of his sins in the bunker in Berlin before shooting Eva and himself?
um, pretty sure Hitler died an old man in S America, with our blessing. And i doubt he was interested in Death More Abundantly anyway. No one has ever gone up to heaven right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You're welcome. Always ready and willing to share my incontestable, irrefutable, indisputable and infallible opinion.
lol, its just that i would suggest maybe a better interp for Romans 2:7, eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality, since seeking for something does not mean getting it, There is only One Immortal after all right. Paul speaks that way in all his letters, blah blahblah. But i mean you can pretend eternal means "forever" if you want to i guess bl, its ok with me bro

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal torment has no mercy. Either for the sinner or their saved relatives in heaven knowing where mum/aunty/Gramma is.
God will be merciless to the merciless.
James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't teach you exegesis. I suggested maybe taking some lessons.
I get my lessons from the Bible.
2 Tim 3 All Scripture is God breathed ...

Matthew 13:40-42 (NKJV)
40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I suppose if there were fire in outer darkness...the darkness would be no more! This is a great subject as I've been trying to get it straight in my mind as to the difference and, I do believe there is one.
My thoughts go right to the Wedding Banquet and the guest in filthy garments. Did this guest think he could enter without knowing Christ? Or, simply an unbeliever who thought they were pretty "good people" :rolleyes: Or even a disobedient servant? Or:
Matthew 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."
I know that is not the wedding banquet but, it should be connected I suppose...? :)
Matthew 8:12 (NKJV)
12 But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Matthew 22:13 (NKJV)
13 Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
Matthew 25:30 (NKJV)
30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
2 Peter 2:4 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 2 Peter 2:17 (NKJV)
17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
Jude 1:6 (NKJV)
6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
Jude 1:13 (NKJV)
13 raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

Reactions: Nancy