Hell is for children

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Josho said:
I saw something on facebook about the pope saying that Hell is not real and that Adam and Eve was a fairytale, I don't know whether if he really said that though. I don't choose to believe it tho, the Bible describes Hell as a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth many times, it describes it as a place where we wouldn't want to end up, and if Adam and Eve were a fairy tale we wouldn't be on Earth today.
Hi Josho,

There's some confusion in translations. The place of weeping and gnashing of teeth is Gehenna and Hades is the grave. The problem is that in some translations both are translated hell

CherubRam

Jul 30, 2015
United States
ewq1938 said:
You are as wrong as you are about those scriptures which comes as no surprise to me. You cannot respond properly to my post because I have proven your theories and assumptions to be incorrect.

No one with a decent grasp of scripture would claim "there is no life in hell".
You need to articulate a little better and provide scriptures. Your babbling. ******This word editor is broken******

CherubRam

Jul 30, 2015
United States
Josho said:
I saw something on facebook about the pope saying that Hell is not real and that Adam and Eve was a fairytale, I don't know whether if he really said that though. I don't choose to believe it tho, the Bible describes Hell as a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth many times, it describes it as a place where we wouldn't want to end up, and if Adam and Eve were a fairy tale we wouldn't be on Earth today.
The weeping and gnashing of teeth comes when the condemned find out they are about to die.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Butch5 said:
Hi Josho,

There's some confusion in translations. The place of weeping and gnashing of teeth is Gehenna and Hades is the grave. The problem is that in some translations both are translated hell

Yes, and a third word is also translated as "hell". This confuses many people.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well the way i see it, is God knows every language in the world, whether you read the King James, The Greek Bible or New International Version, i don't see it making a difference. How can one tell which is the most accurate translation of the Bible, if i was to translate a Greek phrase to English, i might translate it different to someone else, but it still means the same thing, it's just worded differently, we all speak differently, we all translate things differently. So what? no one is the same.

If someone was from America, translating the Greek bible to English, and if someone was from England translating the Greek bible to English, of course it's gonna be different, cuz it's 2 completely different people translating the word of God.

It's like saying "the cat climbed over the fence" one other might say "the cat clawed it's way over the fence"

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Josho said:
Well the way i see it, is God knows every language in the world, whether you read the King James, The Greek Bible or New International Version, i don't see it making a difference. How can one tell which is the most accurate translation of the Bible, if i was to translate a Greek phrase to English, i might translate it different to someone else, but it still means the same thing, it's just worded differently, we all speak differently, we all translate things differently. So what? no one is the same.

If someone was from America, translating the Greek bible to English, and if someone was from England translating the Greek bible to English, of course it's gonna be different, cuz it's 2 completely different people translating the word of God.

It's like saying "the cat climbed over the fence" one other might say "the cat clawed it's way over the fence"
It's not quite that simple. Translators translate the way they understand the Scriptures.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Former US President John F. Kennedy was assassinated Friday, Nov 22,
1963 @ 12:30 p.m. by one Lee Harvey Oswald.

Though Oswald succeeded in terminating the life of Mr. Kennedy's body,
according to Matt 10:28 and Luke 12:4-5 he did not succeed in terminating
the life of Mr. Kennedy's soul. No, that part of the former president's
existence survived.

Matt 10:28 is very good evidence that human existence consists of at least
two components: soul and body; which is corroborated by 1Thess 5:23.

The million dollar question is: Where was Mr. Kennedy's soul taken when his
body passed away?

Well, one of the biblical answers to that question is located in Luke 16:19
31, viz: Mr. Kennedy's soul was taken to either the rich man's location, or it
was taken to Abraham's.
_

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is certainly a furnace of fire spoken of in Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:4-50; defined as everlasting punishment in Matthew 25:46. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Don't go there: receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought Weber might be making some sense...… then he tripped into the claim that the parable of Lazarus and Divers was an actual description of Heaven & Hell.

We really don't know what either Heaven or Hell is like. We can only try to interpret metaphors without having the necessary information to do so. ("Through a glass, darkly.")

Last edited: