Hello Christianity Board

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Rita. You will be handy for the coronation then, but will probably see more if you watch on TV. xxx
I am working on the day, but as I work in a care home it will be on everywhere - if I am honest i just don’t feel anything about it all - I liked the Queen and was sad when she passed. I will be more excited for Sat 22nd April when Brighton meet Man U in the FA cup semi final - I am working that day as well and I will be watching every tv I pass as I clean !!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: RedRobyn

RedRobyn

Apr 11, 2023
North West
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you cheering for Brighton Rita? I am, because I am a Man City fan :D

Yes we were very blessed to have had our Queen for so long.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes , I live in Brighton - definitely don’t want to lose again to Man U

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Love your avatar.
That was a knitted toy made by my mother who passed away recently.....she was a very talented lady who loved to do all kinds of craft work.
I miss her terribly, but I have the hope of the resurrection, so I will see her again one day (John 5:28-29)......I don't believe in immortality of the soul....or in all Christians going to heaven. :hmhehm

RedRobyn

Apr 11, 2023
North West
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That was a knitted toy made by my mother who passed away recently.....she was a very talented lady who loved to do all kinds of craft work.
I miss her terribly, but I have the hope of the resurrection, so I will see her again one day (John 5:28-29)......I don't believe in immortality of the soul....or in all Christians going to heaven. :hmhehm

No matter hoe long we luve tpo we woll always miss iur mother.We have the resurrection to look forward to in hope.

Do you like craft work too @Aunty Jane ?

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@RedRobyn
Apparently the FA cup match is on the 23rd now , I am not working and it’s my birthday - so Brighton better win !!!!!! Lol

• Love

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No matter hoe long we luve tpo we woll always miss iur mother.We have the resurrection to look forward to in hope.
It’s what sustains us. I am alone now as I lost my hubby 8 years ago, so it’s time for some decisions now about whether to go and live with my daughter, who is in the same town as me. She wants me to come. Going to have to give it some thought.
Do you like craft work too @Aunty Jane ?
Yes, my Mum passed on the creativity genes which we see in many of her offspring.....I worked as a graphic artist, so in my retirement I pursued a number of crafty things.....folk art, decoupage, watercolour and glass painting. I hope to get back to my art again now....two of my granddaughters are professional photographers and their work is stunning.

Are you a “crafty” person too? :Thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: Rita and RedRobyn

RedRobyn

Apr 11, 2023
North West
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s what sustains us. I am alone now as I lost my hubby 8 years ago, so it’s time for some decisions now about whether to go and live with my daughter, who is in the same town as me. She wants me to come. Going to have to give it some thought.

Yes, my Mum passed on the creativity genes which we see in many of her offspring.....I worked as a graphic artist, so in my retirement I pursued a number of crafty things.....folk art, decoupage, watercolour and glass painting. I hope to get back to my art again now....two of my granddaughters are professional photographers and their work is stunning.

Are you a “crafty” person too? :Thumbsup:
I used to love crafts
I would have a go at anything. Knitting and writing were my two favourites. I also used to like dry flowers arranging, soft toys, ornaments, digital att etc. I cannot see well enough to do those things now.

It can be lonely when you have lost the two people you were closest to. I am sorry you are going through that. My mother and my husband died within 6 weeks of each other. That was 21 years ago. My brother lives with me now.

God Bless @Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used to love crafts
I would have a go at anything. Knitting and writing were my two favourites. I also used to like dry flowers arranging, soft toys, ornaments, digital att etc. I cannot see well enough to do those things now.
Isn't it frustrating when the young person inside is hindered by the old person on the outside....? I still have good vision thankfully but arthritis is reminding me that I cannot do things physically the same way anymore. Its like that saying in a movie...."your mind is writing checks that your body can't cash".....so true. hmmx1:

We were not designed for old age and death, so no matter how many generations come and go. it never gets easier or more acceptable.
Young people never seem to think that they will get old one day....and it happens so quickly...you look in the mirroe and you don't recognize the person staring back at you. :ummm:
It can be lonely when you have lost the two people you were closest to. I am sorry you are going through that. My mother and my husband died within 6 weeks of each other. That was 21 years ago.
I was devastated to lose my Dad very suddenly when I was only 19, but was grateful that my mother lived to the ripe old age of 98.....still in possession of all her faculties.
My husband was diagnosed with Huntington's Disease in 2004 and passed away in 2014. Sadly my son has inherited the affliction and will end his life the same way.....its why we value the scriptures so much.....all that God allows in this world will be undone in the new world to come. Its that hope that keeps us strong. (Isa 65:17; 2 Peter 3:13)
My brother lives with me now.
Is he older or younger? Its nice when siblings can support each other in their later years....my sister is staying with me for a while till I get used to not having my darling mother around. We have a lot of things to sort through.......she only passed away 2 weeks ago.
And you...nice chatting....:Thumbsup:

RedRobyn

Apr 11, 2023
North West
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You speak a lot of wisdom and truth @Aunty Jane
I madee myself a promise not to look in the mirror :D

My brother is older than me.

Only two weeks ago! Things are still very raw for you. I wish I could give you a hug.

Take care, God Bless.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador