hello from UK

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

smallvoice

Sep 11, 2007
hello from sunny UK (not). I haven't yet got the measure of you all. Was attracted by a thread on the Gap theory, so thought I would join - and then forgot all about it! Here I am now.....You want to know a bit about me?First, I believe in Universal Salvation. If that sticks in the communal craw, then say so now and I will leave - but I hope that will not be the case.Second, I will not constantly try to tell other people I am right and they are wrong ( doesn't that sort of thing just get your goat?), in fact I am more a lurker than a talker, so happen this will be the longest post you will see from me.I am a lady of mature years. I have been a Christian for...mmm... maybe getting on 25 years.I am married to a good man, also a Christian.We have a large, hairy, smelly, noisy German Shepherd, called Maisie, and two cats, Barnabus and Benjamin. And a few fish - but they don't really count as family;living in their pond is all they do. We live in a beautiful part of Hampshire and we look over the South Downs from our bedroom window, and praise the Lord for such a view as the sun comes up.We go to a little evangelical church, full of good and loving people.We are computer buffs, and spend a lot of time fixing other folks poorly machines for free. When I am not doing boring things like housework, or mending computers, or learning Greek, I like to play computer games. Two of my favourites are the X-series by Egosoft, which are space sims ( anyone remember Elite?), and Silent Hunter, which is a sub-sim. Tense stuff when you are trying to get away from destroyers and you hear the depth charges going into the water...Bout it I think..

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Welcome to the Board. If Universal Salvation means that everyone will be saved, I disagree with that. That would mean that all unrepentant, vile, wicked, inhuman, unforgiven mortals would be in heaven along with the repentant, forgiven ones.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Smallvoice, Welcome !!!Maybe later you could explain, what you mean by universal salvation.God BlessThunder1

smallvoice

Sep 11, 2007
Thunder -Jon-Marc, thank you for welcoming me. I have not come here to push my views or to debate them. I felt I should declare them so you are aware, that is all. Having said that, Jon-Marc, Christ died for us all, while we were yet sinners - he is the 'Saviour of the world'. That is what it says in Scripture. Salvation is through Jesus, there is no other way. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall swear,it says in Isaiah. That 'swearing' is an oath of allegiance to the Lord and King to whom the knee is bowed.It is God's will that all men should be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. (1Tim 2:4) His will shall be done, for He is God. We agree, there will be no sin or pollution where Christ dwells, whether that is in the heavenlies or in New Jerusalem.Thunder, I have joined mostly to lurk. It is my observation that people's views are seldom changed from listening to the opposing views of others and so the exchange becomes a sterile occupation and seldom leads to greater unity or enlightenment. While I would be pleased to 'explain' my understanding, and explore it with another person on one-to-one questions, I see no merit in public debate, and am personally horrified by the depth of animosity this particular topic invokes in its most ardent detractors. I do not want to cross swords with anyone, so prefer to let it be known and then hope to be accepted simply as another Christian, having the same Lord and Saviour and hopes for the future.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Welcome to Christianity Board smallvoice. Hope thou enjoy thy stay here and learn much of the Word of God, with love, joy, peace, etc as we all going to need the Truth from God.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

smallvoice

Sep 11, 2007
absolutely follower!
smile.gif

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
If all are saved and going to heaven, then what about Revelation 20:15? "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." That indicates that there will be those who will not be saved. Is Hitler saved? Is Charles Manson saved? Are all the pedophiles saved? Are all the murders saved? People can live like the devil and live with Jesus for eternity? It doesn't work that way. "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27. There is plenty of scripture to prove that fact, but there's none saying that everyone is going to heaven. Yes, Jesus wants to be the Saviour of all, but not all will accept Him as their Saviour.