Hello My Fellow Christians,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skywalker

Jun 13, 2010
Hello all. My name is Luke, but I go by "Skywalker" hense the choice of my username. Well i joined these forums to hopefully learn more about christian life, and hopefully learn a tone more about the bible and what it has to offer for me, in my practicle life. I've been a christian for over 4 years now, but still struggle with day to day things, at times i feel distant, but other times i feel as though Christ is standing right beside me. I'm working hard to eliminate the times where i feel alone, but its hard, and sometimes i feel i just get so caught up in the worlds day to day chores, that i end up "forgetting" about the things to matter most.

Hope to get to know some of you around here, and i look forward to growing in my relationship with God :)

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. My name is Luke, but I go by "Skywalker" hense the choice of my username. Well i joined these forums to hopefully learn more about christian life, and hopefully learn a tone more about the bible and what it has to offer for me, in my practicle life. I've been a christian for over 4 years now, but still struggle with day to day things, at times i feel distant, but other times i feel as though Christ is standing right beside me. I'm working hard to eliminate the times where i feel alone, but its hard, and sometimes i feel i just get so caught up in the worlds day to day chores, that i end up "forgetting" about the things to matter most.

Hope to get to know some of you around here, and i look forward to growing in my relationship with God :)

Hello Luke and welcome to CB. :)

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

Welcome Luke. I appreciate knowing your first name. Thanks.

Not sure if this will be helpful. I became a Christian about 25 years ago. I remember all the ups and downs. One week it was like a blissful honeymoon and the next I felt I could do nothing right. The higher the bliss got , the lower the gloomy days got. Every time I thought I was the world's greatest Christian , the Lord would give me the opportunity to realize I was not.

I think this is just a part of the process until we smooth out to a maturity that we individually are designed to achieve. We are all different and each of us will have a different purpose and style.

The one thing that stands out for me is when I quit trying so hard (to be a perfect Christian) things got much better. I decided to just always be my genuine self , faults and all , rough edges and all. A genuine man anchored in Christianity can easier make his way through life than trying to perfect some ideal we think we should be.

I do not speak for God , but I think he appreciates the honesty. It is surprising how the Lord can involve us in some fantastic circumstances if we do not spend our time polishing golden candle sticks.

Best regards Luke.
Talk later
Martin .

skywalker

Jun 13, 2010
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Thank you Martin for that write up, enjoyed reading it very much. And you are definitely right about just being yourself. Trying to be "perfect" is harder then just being yourself, and fixing things step by step.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Greetings skywalker. It would appear that you are much more advanced than you think. Having an awareness of our shortcomings, and still being able to look ahead, forgetting what is behind, is worth much in service to God. Martha did a lot of "chores", but Mary chose the better thing, sitting at the Lord's feet and hearing His word. When its all said and done, how we spent out time with Him, in all matters of life, is what counts, not being busy and doing good. Although some of us (as in "me"?) could use a little busy-ness and good towards the family and others. The simplest chore or domestic duty around the house sometimes feels like an overwhelming project when I'm not in the mood.

I hope you stick around and plug in. Don't be offended easily, and freely speak your mind at all times. We are all wondering what God is doing, and unless it gets uncovered, the new man will mingle with the old one, and growth can end up seeming so slow. Be blessed.

fivesense

skywalker

Jun 13, 2010
Hey fivesense,

Thank you for your welcome speech. I hope to get to know many of you's here, this community seems very knowledge'd, and very friendly.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Thank you Martin for that write up, enjoyed reading it very much. And you are definitely right about just being yourself. Trying to be "perfect" is harder then just being yourself, and fixing things step by step.

What I liked about you Luke was that you were just being yourself in your first post. I like genuine people who are less than perfect. I like them because I am one of them. And I have been one for a long time.

skywalker

Jun 13, 2010
What I liked about you Luke was that you were just being yourself in your first post. I like genuine people who are less than perfect. I like them because I am one of them. And I have been one for a long time.

Thank you Martin. I always try to just be myself, trying to fit a mold I'm not is basically lying to myself, and why would I hide what god has given me. I'm perfect in his eyes, therefore I don't need to walk around with a mask. I'm not perfect, but I try my hardest everyday to correct myself.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Thank you Martin. I always try to just be myself, trying to fit a mold I'm not is basically lying to myself, and why would I hide what god has given me. I'm perfect in his eyes, therefore I don't need to walk around with a mask. I'm not perfect, but I try my hardest everyday to correct myself.

God bless you Skywalker, and may He give liberally to you what we need as a Body. I trust your opinions and ideas as they issue forth from humility and sanity.

fivesense