Hello!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello brothers and sisters,

This looks like an excellent site to share the wonders of Christ and how He is working in our lives.

My real name is Josh, I am from a town in the UK called Chesterfield. We have a church with a 'crooked' spire; we have an interesting legend regarding this. I would be happy to share the story with any of you if you are interested.

I have had a shaky relationship with Jesus and have swayed massively from one extreme to the other, however I have always been pulled back to Jesus; I think He is holding on to my shirt pleading with me to listen to reason.

I chose the username 'GuidedPath' as this is what Jesus is doing for me; He is directing me to the path that I need to take; although sometimes I take a massive detour. :rolleyes:

I will be pleased to meet you all over the coming days, months and years.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello there
Very good to hear from you....Welcome to the Site.

Just jump-in and be blessed. :)

Helen

Reactions: Wanting to Serve

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ps...forgot to say...I lived the first 34 years of my life in England.
Both in London for 13 years...then in the Hasting area after I was married, until we moved over here to Canada. :)

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello brothers and sisters,

This looks like an excellent site to share the wonders of Christ and how He is working in our lives.

My real name is Josh, I am from a town in the UK called Chesterfield. We have a church with a 'crooked' spire; we have an interesting legend regarding this. I would be happy to share the story with any of you if you are interested.

I have had a shaky relationship with Jesus and have swayed massively from one extreme to the other, however I have always been pulled back to Jesus; I think He is holding on to my shirt pleading with me to listen to reason.

I chose the username 'GuidedPath' as this is what Jesus is doing for me; He is directing me to the path that I need to take; although sometimes I take a massive detour. :rolleyes:

I will be pleased to meet you all over the coming days, months and years.

Welcome Guided Path,

I greet you from the other side of the globe, in Brisbane, Qld, Australia.

Our max temp predicted for this Saturday is 30C and min overnight of 21C. I'm in the sub-tropics so humidity is high and we've been having quite a bit of heavy rain like this:

9481332-3x2-700x467.jpg

I thank the Lord that he brings the rain, 'Then you will be children of your Father who is in heaven. He causes his sun to shine on evil people and good people. He sends rain on those who do right and those who don’t' (Matt 5:45 NIRV).

Wikipedia helped be to understand a little about Chesterfield.

Oz

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there
Very good to hear from you....Welcome to the Site.

Just jump-in and be blessed. :)

Helen
Thank you Helen for your welcome post.
I like London; there is always stuff to do down there, especially the Winter Wonderland at the end of the year!
I have never been to Canada but I hear it is nice, however I understand you have some snow like us over here.

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@GuidedPath

Welcome to the forum. Well are you going to tell us about the crooked spire or not? I for one want to hear.
Thank you for your welcome.

There are actually three reported legends.

1. One of the legends is that a virgin married in the church and the devil twisted it and said he would untwist it when the next virgin was married there.
  2. The next is that the devil was sat on the spire and he wrapped his tail around it to hold on causing the famous twist.
  3. Lastly, a virgin was married in the church and the church was so surprised that the spire turned around to look at the bride.
The actual reasons can be found on the Wikipedia page here.

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Guided Path,

I greet you from the other side of the globe, in Brisbane, Qld, Australia.

Our max temp predicted for this Saturday is 30C and min overnight of 21C. I'm in the sub-tropics so humidity is high and we've been having quite a bit of heavy rain like this:

9481332-3x2-700x467.jpg

I thank the Lord that he brings the rain, 'Then you will be children of your Father who is in heaven. He causes his sun to shine on evil people and good people. He sends rain on those who do right and those who don’t' (Matt 5:45 NIRV).

Wikipedia helped be to understand a little about Chesterfield.

Oz
Thank you for your welcome!

That is pretty hot! Do me a favour and blow that warm weather over to us as we need some of that here.
Great passage from scripture; we have snow so I count that as we have done right - after all it is frozen rain. ;)

Here in Chesterfield we have some history, however I could say the same of many towns and cities in the UK as we're rich in history.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hello!

It's wonderful to meet you too.*

*I had to rely on the Urban Dictionary to define the shortened version of that. :D

P.S. Nice avatar.
ty, imo truth is stranger than fiction, usually
i try to stick to the obvious shorthand, but then i can only see "obvious" from my pov, so...lol

Reactions: GuidedPath

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ty, imo truth is stranger than fiction, usually
i try to stick to the obvious shorthand, but then i can only see "obvious" from my pov, so...lol
I agree, there no point in distorting the facts.
Shorthand is good as long as my trusty friend the Urban Dictionary has it listed; I would be the first to admit I am old fashioned in nature.
I have understood your last post without the requirement of assistance; improvement already.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your welcome.

There are actually three reported legends.

1. One of the legends is that a virgin married in the church and the devil twisted it and said he would untwist it when the next virgin was married there.
  2. The next is that the devil was sat on the spire and he wrapped his tail around it to hold on causing the famous twist.
  3. Lastly, a virgin was married in the church and the church was so surprised that the spire turned around to look at the bride.
The actual reasons can be found on the Wikipedia page here.
That is comical. It would be better if there were not so much truth in it. As our friend, @bbyrd009 would say, Yikes!

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here, could you send some of that snow to Melbourne please?

Anyway Jesus bless ya, and continue to lead you and I pray that he will help you develop a closer walk with him. In Jesus name, Amen. :)

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here, could you send some of that snow to Melbourne please?

Anyway Jesus bless ya, and continue to lead you and I pray that he will help you develop a closer walk with him. In Jesus name, Amen. :)
Hello there country music fan. :)

You can have the snow brother; it seems to be lingering here - Lord, allow snowfall to cover Melbourne; also raise our temperatures to 25 degrees! Amen!

Thank you for your prayer, you're very kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your welcome!

That is pretty hot! Do me a favour and blow that warm weather over to us as we need some of that here.
Great passage from scripture; we have snow so I count that as we have done right - after all it is frozen rain. ;)

Here in Chesterfield we have some history, however I could say the same of many towns and cities in the UK as we're rich in history.

GuidedPath,

I wish I could send some of this hot, hot weather over to you on the next Qantas flight from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne to London. Sadly it doesn't work that way.

I think you'll have to wait until May-June for it to warm up. That's when I went to your country in 2000 when my son was backpacking around the UK and the rest of Europe. I'm pleased to live in the land Down Under with its heat, rain and drought (especially in the outback). This is how the outback looks now:

Graziers Rosemary and Warwick Champion, in a dry dam, at their property in Longway (near Charleville, W Qld).

Weather forecast is for thunderstorms in that area.

Oz

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-4_22-3-23.jpeg
    upload_2018-3-4_22-3-23.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: GuidedPath

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GuidedPath,

I wish I could send some of this hot, hot weather over to you on the next Qantas flight from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne to London. Sadly it doesn't work that way.

I think you'll have to wait until May-June for it to warm up. That's when I went to your country in 2000 when my son was backpacking around the UK and the rest of Europe. I'm pleased to live in the land Down Under with its heat, rain and drought (especially in the outback). This is how the outback looks now:

Graziers Rosemary and Warwick Champion, in a dry dam, at their property in Longway (near Charleville, W Qld).

Weather forecast is for thunderstorms in that area.

Oz
Thank you sharing the photo. I suppose in hotter climates there is an increased chance of thunderstorms.

The temperatures are now rising here, the forecast is saying we should have about 9 degrees today which I am looking forward to. If there is one good think about this country; the snow never lasts that long - the rain however is another story entirely!

You're right; May - August are our hotter months, however I am away in June to Spain so it doesn't bother me too much. :cool: