Help! How do I witness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
I am still a growing Christ-Follower less than a year I need help! Please help! I have not even begun to understand how to witness to someone. I have a block when speaking in front of people I get clammly nervous and expect failure. Have I failed in witnessing yet again? What is preaching the gospel of truth? How does one evangelize while incorporating our own faith and testimony? Some mormons came by the other day and I spoke alot about my own faith and testimony but not enough about love,repentance, and God...what should I do differently?

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
First off,it does not matter how long you have been a christ follower,Many people after hearing the word of God change their lifestyle and follow him and grow in faith. Chad germany ( a missionary) talked about how this one guy who heard his calling from God,then the next day ( not even saved for 1 week) said a pray for a guy who needed help and preached to him,guess what this guy who needed help heard the word of God and was healed!!!,So if you have followed God for 1 day or 4543 days you can still change and become a witness of God!Now for the next part...You do not always have to witness by preaching the gospel,but by showing Jesus love at any time you can,do it by being a great person,show people this is what my man Jesus did to me!,Being nervous in front of people is not anything new,My pastor was talking about how he is a quiet guy,and he is not normally a talkative person,but when he preaches he prays to God,and speaks up for what he believes in,asking God for help will help you out! You have not failed witnessing in my opinion until you stop trying completely!, You can try to evangelize somebody by preaching the word of God,Testimony's are a great thing to spread,but if your not mentioning Gods love,his greatness,how every knee will fall to the Lord,and say John 3:16,and how they need to change their lifes to serve the Alpha and Omega the begeniing and the end our LORD then how will they realize they must grow in their faith! Show them your love,show them how you care,what they may not realize even though your not preaching is hey this guy is great,make them want to be like you,without them even realizing you are actually showing God's love he has gave you and you gave him! Just grab a bible and read,there are people who have had the same problems,don't worry! just keep your faith strong and God will help you!!!God bless man!-Duke-

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I found it easier to start a conversation with a person. Then get to know them.Also, these guys helped a lot: www.wayofthemaster.comNote: Be sure you know scripture whole heartedly, and you know what to say in front of Atheists, Muslims, Catholics, Agnostic, carnal Christians, and Buddhists. So far, most of the people I see are either Atheist, Buddhist, or Agnostic.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Good advice Dukester and Wakka. You were doing great SpiritSoldier by giving your own testimony. It can be various kind of things, as Wakka said building relationship first not even mentioning about your faith. It's time to talk and time to listen, show them love in action. And don't worry if you get a bit nervous, we all do sometimes. You love people, God loves people, that's a good thing for the start. I pray that God will use you to reach many unbelievers into God's Kingdom. The Holy Spirit helps you all the way, He is with you, nothing to fear. ...the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4God Bless,Thunder1

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Sharing what happened to you is great because it's personal. Also, check out the site sharejesuswithoutfear.com by William Faye. He was a drug dealer,etc. and was radically saved. He shares some good pointers that may help if you need a conversation starter and some key points/scriptures to go by.
smile.gif