Help police! KJV is taking away my freedom of religion in USA reading another Bible versions!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said he would appoint one slave to "feed" his entire household
Num_12:7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.​
Mat_24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?​
Mat_25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​
Mat_25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​
Luk_19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.​
Heb_3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;​

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep telling us how corrupt the NWT is Enoch.....show us some examples

#23.

Colossians 2:2-3

Col 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Col 2:3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
The NIV and NWT follow the same pattern:

Bible Gateway passage: Colossians 2:2 - New International Version

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/colossians/2/#v51002002
The words do not occur as in KJB, in the following corrupted texts:
I'm sorry @Adventageous but I am not tracking with you.

How about A to B comparison? NWT text reads X. It should read Y based on the translation Z. Then I can understand what you are saying.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth doesn't depend on majority vote. Christianity is a cult and it is the world's largest cult. So, it is funny when Christian cultists say other Christian denominations are cults. They are disparaging their brother's and sister in Christ for no reason. It's just a non-value added smear that does not actually differentiate the two groups.

Although more precise, it does not carry the connotation of derogatory judgement: Denomination X has policies and doctrines I do not agree with. Are we supposed to tear each other down using negative connotations? Actions are the true test of faith. Let Scripture be our guide:
Romans 14:1 (NASB) Principles of Conscience Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not to have quarrels over opinions.

v10 But as for you, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or you as well, why do you regard your brother or sister with contempt?
v 13: Therefore let’s not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this: not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s or sister’s way.
Jam 4:11-12 Do not speak against one another, brothers and sisters. The one who speaks against a brother or sister, or judges his brother or sister, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you, judging your neighbor?

I think it is fine to discuss what Scripture says but once there is a disagreement, I believe these verses are germaine. Cultist Christians who disparage other denominations as being cults - for not sharing the same doctrines and policies - are failing the Biblical standard.
What is it when you call out someone for doing exactly what you described?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change in subject. When I identify Christians as a cult, I am going back to the definition - NOT attaching the negative connotation you do.

Perhaps you are equating negative connotations initiate to reacting to it?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth doesn't depend on majority vote. Christianity is a cult and it is the world's largest cult. So, it is funny when Christian cultists say other Christian denominations are cults. They are disparaging their brother's and sister in Christ for no reason. It's just a non-value added smear that does not actually differentiate the two groups.

Although more precise, it does not carry the connotation of derogatory judgement: Denomination X has policies and doctrines I do not agree with. Are we supposed to tear each other down using negative connotations? Actions are the true test of faith. Let Scripture be our guide:
Romans 14:1 (NASB) Principles of Conscience Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not to have quarrels over opinions.

v10 But as for you, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or you as well, why do you regard your brother or sister with contempt?
v 13: Therefore let’s not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this: not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s or sister’s way.
Jam 4:11-12 Do not speak against one another, brothers and sisters. The one who speaks against a brother or sister, or judges his brother or sister, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you, judging your neighbor?

I think it is fine to discuss what Scripture says but once there is a disagreement, I believe these verses are germaine. Cultist Christians who disparage other denominations as being cults - for not sharing the same doctrines and policies - are failing the Biblical standard.
You never disparage anyone? Take a look at your past posts before you start correcting everyone.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change in subject. When I identify Christians as a cult, I am going back to the definition - NOT attaching the negative connotation you do.

Perhaps you are equating negative connotations initiate to reacting to it?
What subject? I don’t care what the definition of a cult is its way off topic and you made your point. What else is there to say about that?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never disparage anyone?
Again, change in subject. You will not find too many posts of me disparaging denominations. So indignant are you about forced to accept that Christianty is a cult, you are now engaging in the politics of personal destruction, attacking me personally. Anything to change the subejct.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What subject? I don’t care what the definition of a cult is its way off topic and you made your point. What else is there to say about that?
So reluctant are you to admit truth you did not have before the conversation began. I care what words mean.

Post #239 says what needed to be said.

Make a blessed day!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF a person calls someone out for say stealing and yet he does the same , its called hyprocrisy .
That would be what that means . IF i called you out for comitting adultery
and yet in the dark i was doing the same , Yeah its called hyprocrisy .
Just a friendly reminder for us all .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
IF a person calls someone out for say stealing and yet he does the same , its called hyprocrisy .
@amigo de christo brother is spotted.

Reactions: amigo de christo

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, change in subject. You will not find too many posts of me disparaging denominations. So indignant are you about forced to accept that Christianty is a cult, you are now engaging in the politics of personal destruction, attacking me personally. Anything to change the subejct.
I accepted and stated that you were correct, even though most Christians would disagree with you. I don’t know what else there is to say on this subject. You quoted all the scripture about judging and disparaging. I’m saying you should practice what you preach. Maybe you don’t focus on an individual denomination but you call out the beliefs of many denominations and have no problem denigrating an individual. Take your own advice.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take note @Wrangler

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So reluctant are you to admit truth you did not have before the conversation began. I care what words mean.

Post #239 says what needed to be said.

Make a blessed day!
“Post #239 says what needed to be said”. Okay then why keep talking about it?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you want to label me a hypocrite. The annoying thing about hypocrites is that they are correct about YOU doing wrong.

“Post #239 says what needed to be said”. Okay then why keep talking about it?
It seems like you want to have the last word. Why do you keep talking about it?

The competitiveness is unbecoming. 1st, you want to demean Christian denominations by use of the word cult - even when it hypocritically applies to us all. 2nd, you want to demean me for being a hypocrite for pointing it out! You should ask yourself where is all this hostility coming from? (KJV-only and trinitarianism brings people to that.) The hostility is not coming from the Spirit of God.

Make a Blessed Day!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you want to label me a hypocrite. The annoying thing about hypocrites is that they are correct about YOU doing wrong.

It seems like you want to have the last word. Why do you keep talking about it?

The competitiveness is unbecoming. 1st, you want to demean Christian denominations by use of the word cult - even when it hypocritically applies to us all. 2nd, you want to demean me for being a hypocrite for pointing it out! You should ask yourself where is all this hostility coming from? (KJV-only and trinitarianism brings people to that.) The hostility is not coming from the Spirit of God.

Make a Blessed Day!
Good post. Again I would advise you to take your own advice. Physician heal thyself.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where is all this hostility coming from? (KJV-only and trinitarianism brings people to that.) The hostility is not coming from the Spirit of God.
Sounds disparaging to me :cry: So, it is now hostile for (SOME of us KJB/trinitarians) to:

lovingly and kindly (From The Holy Spirit Of God) present The Encouraging Gospel of Grace to
the lost, and to teach Edification and Building Up With God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided
to those same believing new-born babes In Christ?

Seems to me that maybe some "mature grown-ups" need to do some re-Examining, eh?

But, at the risk of hostility, that would be a disparaging question, Correct?

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds disparaging to me :cry: So, it is now hostile for (SOME of us KJB/trinitarians) to:

lovingly and kindly present The Encouraging Gospel of Grace to the lost, and to teach Edification and Building Up With God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided to those same believing new-born babes In Christ?

Seems to me that maybe some "mature grown-ups" need to do some re-Examining, eh?

But, at the risk of hostility, that would be a disparaging question, Correct?
Reductio ad absurdum.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lovingly and kindly present The Encouraging Gospel of Grace to the lost
No. Saying you must read their preferred version to be saved, reading other translations are of the devil, etc.

Read the early posts in this thread for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.