Help police! KJV is taking away my freedom of religion in USA reading another Bible versions!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdickensheets

Jul 28, 2015
Seattle, WA
Dear KJV only!!
1f449.png
Are you God? No!
1f449.png
Do you have an authority over me?? No!
1f449.png
Are you forcing me read KJV only! That's called legalism!!
1f449.png
Do I have Freedom of Religion in USA read other Bible versions! Yes! Case closed!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear KJV only!!
1f449.png
Are you God? No!
1f449.png
1f449.png
1f449.png
Do I have Freedom of Religion in USA read other Bible versions! Yes! Case closed!
Dear sir
you sound paranoid.
…no one is trying to make you read anything.
….take a deep breath …
…don’t worry you are not important enough for anyone to spend time to dictate what you read.
…go and read whatever you like …and the rest of us will do likewise .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear KJV only!!
1f449.png
Are you God? No!
1f449.png
1f449.png
1f449.png
This is hilarious! The real thought police are elsewhere. You are free to read any version you want, or no version at all.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear KJV only!!
1f449.png
Are you God? No!
1f449.png
1f449.png
1f449.png
I heard one person responded that if the KJV was good enough for the apostle Paul it was good enough for her.....

Maybe a little history lesson was in order...

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard one person responded that if the KJV was good enough for the apostle Paul it was good enough for her.....

Maybe a little history lesson was in order...
I remember..someone saying..the humor.
- During the Bible study/discussion..years ago.
---
I was waiting for Uber..some years ago.
- When the car arrived..I noticed the tag/licence plate.
- 'KJV Only'
We had an interesting conversation..
- about Bible translation/different versions.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is hilarious! The real thought police are elsewhere. You are free to read any version you want, or no version at all.
The thought police are in many places now my friend . and as usual they accuse US of doing WHAT THEY DO .
The truth is , these people dont want the truth in the bible , nor that GOD , nor HIS CHRIST
they just want the illusion of being saved and having their SIN TOO . By now you realize i tell it like it is .
THEY THE THOUGHT POLICE . not us . WE STICKING TO THE KJV MY FRIEND . TO THE GOD who inspired the bible
And we shall test all doctrine and men against said bible . NO matter how much they accuse us of being legalistic .
THEY the thought police trying to impose their false sin loving god down our throats and thus they must
attack the bible and make it seem as legalism . I AINT BUYING a word they have to say or sell . STICK TO THE BIBLE MY FRIEND .
And let us have no shame at all for procliaming its TRUTH . HOLD THAT HEAD UP and PROCLAIM THE TRUTH
these thought police shall not gain one inch of ground on my watch .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Weak translations make weak Christians.

Excellent translations make excellent Christians.

KJV = Pure English Excellence!
What makes people think that the KJV is “Pure English Excellence”? All it’s good for IMO, is for its proponents to sound ‘holier than thou’ and to be smug about claiming to speak that language. What if others don’t? Do you have to teach them to speak another language before you teach them what your preferred Bible translation says? What is the best way to teach the Bible? In a person’s own language.
The Bible is translated into hundreds of languages....what makes you think English is the only language that Christians speak? How many people do you know who speak archaic English?

I do not like the KJV...not because it isn’t the word of God, but because some people seem to forget that olde English has not been the vernacular in any English speaking country in the modern world for centuries. Offering a language to people who don’t speak it, (when it is actually life saving) is like presenting an unclear warning to people who may misunderstand that warning and put their lives at risk.

The whole purpose of a translation (and please bear in mind that the KJV is only a translation) is to present information in the language of the people reading it. The KJV fails to present Bible truth in the language of the majority of people in today’s world. We are nearing the end of the present world system and no one needs to have a guide book in a language they do not speak, and which is totally confusing to those unacquainted with how English was spoken back in previous centuries.

The KJB has been revised, whilst sticking to what is now, a dead language. What is the point?

How do you know what is a “weak” translation? How do you know that the KJB is not itself a “weak” translation?
Scholars argue about manuscripts......so pick your scholars. How do you know who has the correct translation? Are you yourself a scholar, or do you simply choose the ones you agree with. Why do you agree with them? It’s a circular argument......not a valid one.

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler and Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thought police are in many places now my friend . and as usual they accuse US of doing WHAT THEY DO .
The truth is , these people dont want the truth in the bible , nor that GOD , nor HIS CHRIST
they just want the illusion of being saved and having their SIN TOO . By now you realize i tell it like it is .
THEY THE THOUGHT POLICE . not us . WE STICKING TO THE KJV MY FRIEND . TO THE GOD who inspired the bible
And we shall test all doctrine and men against said bible . NO matter how much they accuse us of being legalistic .
THEY the thought police trying to impose their false sin loving god down our throats and thus they must
attack the bible and make it seem as legalism . I AINT BUYING a word they have to say or sell . STICK TO THE BIBLE MY FRIEND .
And let us have no shame at all for procliaming its TRUTH . HOLD THAT HEAD UP and PROCLAIM THE TRUTH
these thought police shall not gain one inch of ground on my watch .
Are you okay? Thought police? You go off on tangents very often, but this one "takes the cake".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know what is a “weak” translation?

KING JAMES BIBLE
“It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.” (1 Corinthians 5:1)

ENGLISH STANDARD VERSION
“It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife.” (1 Corinthians 5:1)

“Sexual immortality” is weak.

“Fornication” is much stronger with a clear definition.

Reactions: Enoch111

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes people think that the KJV is “Pure English Excellence”? All it’s good for IMO, is for its proponents to sound ‘holier than thou’ and to be smug about claiming to speak that language. What if others don’t? Do you have to teach them to speak another language before you teach them what your preferred Bible translation says? What is the best way to teach the Bible? In a person’s own language.
The Bible is translated into hundreds of languages....what makes you think English is the only language that Christians speak? How many people do you know who speak archaic English?

I do not like the KJV...not because it isn’t the word of God, but because some people seem to forget that olde English has not been the vernacular in any English speaking country in the modern world for centuries. Offering a language to people who don’t speak it, (when it is actually life saving) is like presenting an unclear warning to people who may misunderstand that warning and put their lives at risk.

The whole purpose of a translation (and please bear in mind that the KJV is only a translation) is to present information in the language of the people reading it. The KJV fails to present Bible truth in the language of the majority of people in today’s world. We are nearing the end of the present world system and no one needs to have a guide book in a language they do not speak, and which is totally confusing to those unacquainted with how English was spoken back in previous centuries.

The KJB has been revised, whilst sticking to what is now, a dead language. What is the point?

How do you know what is a “weak” translation? How do you know that the KJB is not itself a “weak” translation?
Scholars argue about manuscripts......so pick your scholars. How do you know who has the correct translation? Are you yourself a scholar, or do you simply choose the ones you agree with. Why do you agree with them? It’s a circular argument......not a valid one.
GREAT POST!!! It should be read by everyone!

My personal opinion is that those who cling to the KJV, as though it and it alone is the word of god, feel somehow holier-than-thou "religious" because they assume that God must communicate in some obscure, obsolete language. They obviously forget that when God became human in the form of Jesus Christ He came as a plain-spoken rural carpenter. He did not come as some "exalted high priest" with whom no common person could identify. He was one of us! And He spoke like one of us!

Can you imagine thousands of common people gathered on a hillside listening to a person who spoke in a language that they couldn't understand?

Reactions: David in NJ

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My personal opinion is that those who cling to the KJV, as though it and it alone is the word of god, feel somehow holier-than-thou "religious" because they assume that God must communicate in some obscure, obsolete language.
This is just a NONSENSICAL observation based upon a superficial assessment of the KJV. Those who use the King James Bible have sound textual and theological reasons for sticking to this tried-and-true translation. And the last person who should say anything about this is one who uses the corrupt New World Translation (NWT) of the Watchtower Society (Aunty Jane).

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does Acts 8:37 read in your modern version?

Please quote it.

:no reply:
Acts 8:37
Contemporary English Version
36-37 As they were going along the road, they came to a place where there was some water. The official said, “Look! Here is some water. Why can't I be baptized?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8:37
Contemporary English Version
36-37 As they were going along the road, they came to a place where there was some water. The official said, “Look! Here is some water. Why can't I be baptized?
Try reading the footnote from that version: Why can't I be baptized: Some manuscripts add, “Philip replied, ‘You can, if you believe with all your heart.’ The official answered, ‘I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.’ "

And here is the NET translator's note: "A few later mss (E 36 323 453 945 1739 1891) add, with minimal differences in wording, 8:37 “He said to him, ‘If you believe with your whole heart, you may.’ He replied, ‘I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.’” Verse 37 is lacking in P45,74 א A B C 33 614 vg syp,h co. It is clearly not a part of the original text of Acts. The variant is significant in showing how some in the early church viewed the necessity of a confession of faith. The present translation follows NA28 in omitting the verse number, a procedure also followed by a number of other modern translations."

Does this really bother you so much? The NT sources vary in places and it is the decision of the translators to include some questionable text.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is just one out of HUNDREDS of reasons why Christians should stick to the KJV. But for those who prefer tainted fruit, there are many options.
Which version of the King James Bible are you referring to? There have been many changes since its original publication in 1611. Talk about tainted fruit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.