Here's a life changing message to everyone.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That took a certain amount of courage in today's society.
He never mentioned God, but he did more than most.
Very nice.
If He had mentioned Christ in the interview, that would most likely have been edited out for the sake of political correctness. Mainstream television networks don't even show the original Charlie Brown Christmas special because of the speech made by the character "Linus" about the true meaning of Christmas as the celebration of Christ's birth. The cross of Christ is naturally an offense to people who by nature are at enmity with God. I don't think you can post a statement about God's grace in Christ on social media platforms open to the general public without drawing a mocking or scornful comment. Just signs of the times and of the generation of God's wrath.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really. Do you know his record in the NFL?

Stranger
8-6. 47% passes completed. 17 Touchdowns, 9 interceptions. 12 of his touchdowns were rushing touchdowns. 2422 yards passing. He averaged 5.0 yards per carry rushing which is actually great.

That would be decent for a season but not great. Not even very great, overall. But these are his career stats. I mean... Yea... He could play for Cleveland...

Reactions: aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He talks like an angry man who doesnt know Jesus personally. other that be merciful to me a sinner. I

Aah, be nice now. If you had read all his posts you would see he is a strong believer. Rough round the edges sometimes yes...but so are you! Ha!
Maybe like the saying goes.." It takes one to know one." :D
As for your comment ( above) suggesting that he doesn't know Jesus personally...be careful , that is a statement running very close to being against Christianity Board rules.
We don't want to see you suspended. :)

Reactions: aspen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8-6. 47% passes completed. 17 Touchdowns, 9 interceptions. 12 of his touchdowns were rushing touchdowns. 2422 yards passing. He averaged 5.0 yards per carry rushing which is actually great.

That would be decent for a season but not great. Not even very great, overall. But these are his career stats. I mean... Yea... He could play for Cleveland...

A dishonest statement you make. Those are very good stats for the time he played. He replaced the starting quarterback for Denver in 2011 when they were behind 15-0. Wound up winning the game 18-15. Took Denver into the playoffs before getting beat by New England.

He did an excellent job as a rookie quarterback. He had the talent to become a great NFL quarterback. But, as I said, it was his overt Christianity that was disliked. No one would admit it of course. But it was. And once Elway got rid of him he was labeled. Talent wise there was no reason to get rid of him.

Stranger

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright. Look... I was a college coach back in the 90's. I know that isn't a pro coach, but I have worked with plenty of athletes who made it to the NFL.

Whats happening today with the NFL (specifically with all the knee bending) didn't happen back then. Furthermore there are certain players that get labelled "divas". Most of them happen to be black, but most of them are what are called "skilled" positions: wide receivers, quarterbacks, running backs and defensive backs. In otherwords, the guys who tend to make the most money.

In my years of coaching, I can't say I haven't seen my share of racial issues. And yes, I coached in the south as well. But overall there wasn't this stuff happening back then. I seriously doubt its happening now to the extent that the media says.

There is a lot I could say about the psychology of what is going on, and the renowned sport psychologist, Harry Edwards (who happens to be an African-American) would back me up. But I am going to refrain from doing so.

Let me just say there are some bad eggs in sports who don't have control of their egos. Pointing to those who are black isn't a good idea. Its not even truthful. They may happen to be black but their skin color has very little to do with it.

Most of them (again, from my experience) are coming from inner cities. Not only LA, New Orleans, NYC or Atlanta... But also from Chattanooga, Roanoke, DC and Cleveland. They show up at college at 18 year olds who have had to fight for everything they got. Unfortunately most of them come from broken homes.

This doesn't excuse "diva" behavior but it does somewhat explain it. And you know what? There are men and women in my Church who are that way too. They have made remarkable steps in overcoming it. I cringe when I hear their stories!

Bottom line: it's not a racial issue. I cannot say there isn't racial issues in the NFL or sports in general (on both sides). But ranting about the "negro" is frankly... Rediculous.

Nice speech but pay attention to what I said. It was not Tebows talent that got him blackballed in the NFL. He had the talent and displayed it in 2011 leading Denver into the playoffs. It was his overt Christianity that Elway and the NFL didn't like, but of course will not admit. He put Christ ahead of his football. And him being as good as he was, he would have taken a team eventually to a superbowl. He is not what the NFL wanted representing them.

But of course they allow the racist negrows to disrespect the flag and country. They don't mind that attention. They don't mind forcing fans to have to watch that display if they want to watch the game, which I no longer do by the way.

So, write another little speech if you want, but at least get it right. Something I have noticed you have a hard time doing.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tebow...overall record of 8-6 in the regular season and 1-1 in the playoffs.

Kurt Warner was just a vocal about his christian faith and just as white, and he is in the hall of fame.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tebow...overall record of 8-6 in the regular season and 1-1 in the playoffs.

Kurt Warner was just a vocal about his christian faith and just as white, and he is in the hall of fame.

An excellent record for a rookie. Talent was not the issue.

No comparison.

Stranger

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to really say what my connection to Tim is...but willl say he is exactly how he presents himself...a kind sweet good Christian boy with a to die for smile like a pure 12 year old.
What a wonderful human being he is.

Ally is from Syracuse? @aspen

Reactions: Helen and GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Can't agree or disagree with that. Players often will get picked up and prolong their careers as backups. Most teams will have 3 QBs and the third one will almost never be starter material. Tim was good enough to hang on that long.

On the other hand, he certainly had a following and sold more jerseys than he should have. To me, he never came off as one who used his devotion to Christ as a marketing tool and I certainly believe he would deny he used it as such.
I'm not there and not knowledgeable enough to speak to this...
But I'm shocked to hear that Christianity is a marketing tool.

Well. At least it means there are many Christian's and their opinion is respected.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If He had mentioned Christ in the interview, that would most likely have been edited out for the sake of political correctness. Mainstream television networks don't even show the original Charlie Brown Christmas special because of the speech made by the character "Linus" about the true meaning of Christmas as the celebration of Christ's birth. The cross of Christ is naturally an offense to people who by nature are at enmity with God. I don't think you can post a statement about God's grace in Christ on social media platforms open to the general public without drawing a mocking or scornful comment. Just signs of the times and of the generation of God's wrath.
I'm sorry to hear this.
I've been out of the U.S. for almost 18 years now and it's really difficult to know what's going on.

When I left it WAS OK to mention God. They used to show football players huddled in a circle before the game, praying. Sometimes they'd even turn a mike on and you could hear the words. I remember how much I used to like that.

Sounds like Christianity is getting more and more crushed.
Is there any hope?
With Israel there was always a remnant.
Maybe it's becoming like that for us too?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sounds like Christianity is getting more and more crushed.
Is there any hope?
With Israel there was always a remnant.
Maybe it's becoming like that for us too?

You could well be right about that...one thing it will do is force us to 'stand up and be counted' or pull back and hide amongst those similar to the Emergent Church type...95% in the world..and one % with Christ..
That word "Commitment" has always been the dividing line.
We've all had it easy in the west up until now..our faith hasn't cost us too much. We will see...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You could well be right about that...one thing it will do is force us to 'stand up and be counted' or pull back and hide amongst those similar to the Emergent Church type...95% in the world..and one % with Christ..
That word "Commitment" has always been the dividing line.
We've all had it easy in the west up until now..our faith hasn't cost us too much. We will see...
thumbs_up8.gif

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He took Denver to the playoffs.
But his Christianity kept making the headlines, I think it bothered a lot on non-believers in the organization.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are derailing my thread.
I put this on the Spirituality Forum and you want to fight people.
Please take it some place else.

Asking a question is somehow "fighting people".........
default_mellow.png
..........k. So how was that church service you said you attended?