Here's some data on John 10:33

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is quite clear that you have not read scripture at all... "A full fledged God" so now there are two of them up there sitting side by side???...

Then you claim that "No man can do the miracles that he did"... interesting because even Jesus said to his disciples to go out and heal the sick and raise the dead... miracles that Jesus did.. Matthew 10:5-8 "5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

Then he goes on to say John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."....

Need I go any further???

Please read your bible before making false statements like that....
Friend, you are being very dishonest like the watchtower.

images

"Millions now living will never die!" was exclaimed by Rutherford in a series of public lectures starting 1918. This was related to his prophecy that the earthly resurrection would commence 1925, with the return to life of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and became the focus of the preaching work in the following years.

This article provides quotes regarding Rutherford's failed doctrine, and shows how in recent times Watchtower dishonestly presents this historical episode.

The failure of Watchtower's 1914 predictions for the end of this system, and death of Russell in 1916, left his followers in disarray. After legalistic wrangling,1 Rutherford became Watchtower's next President. Credit must go to Rutherford for his ability to rebuild the religion. He was able to re-ignite urgency into the remaining followers by announcing through public discourse in February 1918 that "The World Has Ended - Millions Now Living May Never Die!" In March 1918, the title was changed to the more compelling “The World Has Ended — Millions Now Living Will Never Die!”2

In 1920, this message was released in the booklet, Millions Now Living Will Never Die! This was further expounded in 1921 in Rutherford's first book, The Harp of God, which carried on the cover the inscription, "Proof Conclusive that Millions now Living will never Die". In 1924, the children's book The Way to Paradise made a number of outlandish predictions for 1925 and life in the New System.

millions-cover.jpeg

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting.. and yet still no answer to the question.... and you say that I am lying... even Jesus said that those who believe in Him will never taste death... John 8:51 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. " he is speaking of a spiritual death not a physical one... even Jesus tasted a physical death but never a spiritual death... or have you truly not read scripture to understand that???...

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only did Jesus never claim to be God, in John 8:54, he explicitly said nothing he says counts to glorify himself!

This is just another verse that supports the conclusion that the Gospel of John is the most anti-trinitarian book of the Bible. And another way trinitarians call Jesus a liar.

Jesus says his words don’t count toward his glory. Trinitarians say you must interpret Jesus words as giving himself THE HIGHEST GLORY, claiming himself to be a deity. Sad but true.

Good Stuff. Here's a bit about the holy spirit...

We have no evidence in the Bible that “the Holy Spirit” was ever used as a name because no one ever used it in a direct address. Many people spoke or prayed directly to God, starting out by saying “O Yahweh” (translated as “O LORD” in almost all English versions). Furthermore, the name “Jesus” is a Greek form of the name “Joshua” (in fact, the King James Version confuses “Joshua” and “Jesus” in Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8) and many people spoke “to Jesus” in the Bible. But no one in the Bible ever used “the Holy Spirit” in a direct address because there's simply no actual name for any “Person” known as “the Holy Spirit” anywhere in the Bible.

Reactions: Wrangler

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will not have spiritual death.

I did not see an honest response to 2 Thess 2:1-2

BYE

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Stuff. Here's a bit about the holy spirit...

We have no evidence in the Bible that “the Holy Spirit” was ever used as a name because no one ever used it in a direct address. Many people spoke or prayed directly to God, starting out by saying “O Yahweh” (translated as “O LORD” in almost all English versions). Furthermore, the name “Jesus” is a Greek form of the name “Joshua” (in fact, the King James Version confuses “Joshua” and “Jesus” in Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8) and many people spoke “to Jesus” in the Bible. But no one in the Bible ever used “the Holy Spirit” in a direct address because there's simply no actual name for any “Person” known as “the Holy Spirit” anywhere in the Bible.
Romans 8

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some please list the JWs. Maybe it is best to ignore them all since they are not being honest and ignoring the truths of Scriptures.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some please list the JWs. Maybe it is best to ignore them all since they are not being honest and ignoring the truths of Scriptures.
well for one... you have shown not truth of your lies.. and secondly I am not JW.. You claim to be telling the truth according to scripture yet you cannot seem to answers the questions to prove you are telling the truth...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Let's face it, those who avoid the truth are children of the devil... Trinitarians are just that because they believe that Jesus "God the Son" , "God Himself" is capable of telling a lie...

John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me."

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have no evidence in the Bible that “the Holy Spirit” was ever used as a name

People have said I have A Big Smile. My name is Wrangler and an attribute of my being is to possess A Big Smile. Attributes of a being do no constitute a different person.

If people found my attribute of A Big Smile admirable, they may pray for IT. If the prayer is granted, though we share this attribute, and we are ‘one’ in possessing this attribute, it does not make us the same being.

Going back to the prayer, Jesus taught us to pray to God in the manner of his children, as we relate to God as our Father. People do not pray TO the Holy Spirit but FOR this attribute of God.

This explains why this attribute of God does not have a personal name, IT is not a person any more than my Big Smile is a person.

One last point, the Bible is an extraordinarily figurative book. Proverbs describes wisdom as a woman but IT is no more a person than a spirit that is set apart or a smile that is big. This explains why Lady Wisdom has no personal name; ‘she’ is not a person but an IT, an attribute of holy living.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never taught the Trinity even when he had good opportunities to do so, and we see this when Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4:1-42) and told her he was the Messiah, but nothing more. Jesus did not take the opportunity to teach the Trinity when he asked the Apostles who they thought he was, and Peter said that Jesus was the Christ (Matthew 16:17-20). Also he said he was the Messiah, but did not say a word about the Trinity when he healed the man who had been born blind (John 9:35-38). Trinitarians also commonly say that Jesus claimed to be God, and for that reason the Jews hated him and tried to kill him, but that is not the case because Jesus had been stating in various ways that he was the Messiah, and that is what the Jews were upset about. The Jews all throughout their history made a clear distinction between “God” and the “Messiah” and they did not think the Messiah was going to be God or a “Person” in a triune God.

The Jews would not have considered Jesus a threat, but insane if he had walked around saying he was God. But it was a threat for Jesus to claim to be the Messiah of God and also walk around doing miracles. Jesus had not been claiming to be God in the flesh and this is why the Jews never asked him at his trial if he was God in the flesh, but instead they asked him about what he had been claiming to be, which was the Messiah. Mark 14:61-62 records the High Priest asking “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" And Jesus said "I am.” The High Priest tore his garments and said he deserved to be put to death when Jesus stated he was the Messiah. So we see that the Jews correctly assessed that Jesus had been claiming to be the Christ, and that Jesus indeed said he was the Christ, and also that the Jews thought his claim was worthy of the death penalty.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please address the topic of the thread and not individuals as stated in the rules.