Here's some data on John 10:33

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pronouns in the Bible that refer to “God” are singular and there are lots of them. “The Hebrew Bible and the New Testament contain well over twenty thousand pronouns and verbs describing the One God” (Anthony Buzzard and Charles Hunting, The Doctrine of the Trinity: Christianity’s Self-inflicted Wound, International Scholars Publications, New York, 1998, p. 17). Singular pronouns include “I” “my” and “he.” We would expect it to say “For God so loved the world that they gave the Father’s only begotten Son….” if “God” were composed of three co-equal beings who each had their own mind and together agreed to send Christ. The fact that the pronouns in the Bible refer to “God” as a singular being is also evidence that there is no Trinity.

The Old Testament prophecies about the coming Messiah foretold that he would be a human being who would be the offspring of Eve (Genesis 3:15); a descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18); a descendant of Judah (Genesis 49:10; a prophet like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15); a son of David (2 Samuel 7:12-13; Isaiah 11:1); a king ruling under Yahweh (Psalm 110:1); and a ruler from among the people of Israel (Jeremiah 30:21). That explains why the people were all expecting a human Messiah. Psalm 110:1 merits special attention because it's especially clear but has been misunderstood and misrepresented by most English versions that read “The LORD says to my Lord….” The word “LORD” is Yahweh, but many Trinitarian commentators argue that “my Lord” in this verse is the Hebrew word "adonai" that is another name for God, and that would provide proof of the divinity of the Messiah. But the Hebrew text does not use "adonai" but rather "adoni" which is always used in Scripture to describe human masters and lords, but never God.

The Old Testament refers to the Messiah as “one like a son of man” and the phrase “son of man” was a Semitic idiom for a human being and it's used that way throughout the Old Testament. The phrase “son of man” also became a title of the Messiah when Daniel referred to him as “one like a son of man” (Daniel 7:13) and that explains why Jesus called himself “the son of man” many times. The use of the “son of man” in reference to the Messiah is one more piece of evidence that Jesus was fully human and one more reason that people were expecting the Messiah to be human. The New Testament teaches Jesus was a man and Jesus himself said he was “a man who has told you the truth” John 8:40. Jesus was not being disingenuous and hiding his “divine nature” but rather was making a factual statement that reinforced what the Jews were expecting of the Messiah—that he would be a fully human man.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:58 does not say Jesus is God. He was saying I'm the one now or I'm the one that counts now.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he was to see the time of my coming; he saw it and was glad.”

57 They said to him, “You are not even fifty years old—and you have seen Abraham?”[d]

58 “I am telling you the truth,” Jesus replied. “Before Abraham was born, ‘I Am’.”

59 Then they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and left the Temple.

30 The Father and I are one.”

31 Then the people again picked up stones to throw at him. 32 Jesus said to them, “I have done many good deeds in your presence which the Father gave me to do; for which one of these do you want to stone me?”

33 They answered, “We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!”

Isaiah 43:13 Even from eternity I am He, and none can deliver ...Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages › isaiah
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:

The people who understood the common languages knew he was refering to Isaiah text making himself God. That is why they picked up stones.

It is laughable to claim he did not say he is God in either passage in John.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
26 And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for [us] with groanings which cannot be uttered; 27 and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

33 Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth; 34 who is he that condemneth? It is Christ Jesus that died, yea rather, that was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

intercession = "the action of saying a prayer on behalf of another person." "prayers of intercession"

Only a person makes intercession, not a force.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at argument. Revealed your mocking Spirit.
I am laughing at you and you are Not the person of the Holy Spirit.

images

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he was to see the time of my coming; he saw it and was glad.”

57 They said to him, “You are not even fifty years old—and you have seen Abraham?”[d]

58 “I am telling you the truth,” Jesus replied. “Before Abraham was born, ‘I Am’.”

59 Then they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and left the Temple.

30 The Father and I are one.”

31 Then the people again picked up stones to throw at him. 32 Jesus said to them, “I have done many good deeds in your presence which the Father gave me to do; for which one of these do you want to stone me?”

33 They answered, “We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!”

Isaiah 43:13 Even from eternity I am He, and none can deliver ...Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages › isaiah
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:

The people who understood the common languages knew he was refering to Isaiah text making himself God. That is why they picked up stones.

It is laughable to claim he did not say he is God in either passage in John.

Saying "I am" does not make a person God. The man born blind that Jesus healed was not claiming to be God and he said "I am the man" and the Greek reads exactly like Jesus' statement, i.e., "I am." The phrase is translated two different ways, one as "I am" and the other as "I am the man" (John 9:9). Paul also used the same phrase of himself when he said that he wished all men were as "I am" (Acts 26:29). And "I am" did not make Paul, the man born blind or Christ into God. "I am" does not identify Jesus with God, but it does draw attention to him in the strongest possible terms. I am the one... the one you must look at and listen to if you want to know God. The phrase "I am" occurs many other times in the New Testament and is often translated as "I am he" or "I am the one I claim to be." If the phrase in John 8:58 were translated "I am he" or "I am the one" like all the others. Then it would be easier to see Christ was speaking of himself as the Messiah of God who was also spoken of throughout the entire Old Testament.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those listening understood the same language as Jesus. They clearly hearing him to claim to be God. That overules your fleshly interpretations. friend.