Heresy or error?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The truth is alike a magnet that both attracts and repels. If there is humility and a lack of ego power...there is attraction. But if there is ego power...carnal attitude...then there is a repelling.

A little discernment is all that is needed to see how people react to the truth.

The truth has no respect whatsoever for how people feel about things in their carnal estimations. Seems cruel? Only to the lost. The part of us that feels for ourselves....the flesh...needs to be crucified to belong to Christ. Otherwise, Jesus is seen as a magic genie or sorts that supports whatever the flesh supports. How many can discern this?

I'm hoping to edify the INNER MAN in people. The outer man has nothing in this. But there will be carnal reactions...of course. It amazes me that there is NO instruction in righteousness these days...quite the opposite.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I need teaching, I will let the Spirit lead me through the Holy Writ.We don't put the Spirit off and on like a hat.
If one needs TEACHING then go where the whole of the body gathers to learn and discuss.
Not to a one horse only show and all others are wrong......HEAR ME SAYS THE 1 HORSE !

Mark 13:20-13 Matthew 24:22-25
For FALSE Christs and FALSE prophets shall rise, and shall show (claim to have or been a part of ) signs and wonders TO SEDUCE if it were possible, even the elect......might ought to check them invitations...see if heaven has invited any.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I need teaching, I will let the Spirit lead me through the Holy Writ.We don't put the Spirit off and on like a hat.
If one needs TEACHING then go where the whole of the body gathers to learn and discuss.
Not to a one horse only show and all others are wrong......HEAR ME SAYS THE 1 HORSE !

Mark 13:20-13 Matthew 24:22-25
For FALSE Christs and FALSE prophets shall rise, and shall show (claim to have or been a part of ) signs and wonders TO SEDUCE if it were possible, even the elect......might ought to check them invitations...see if heaven has invited any.
This reminds me a certain poster who has a horse for an avatar. And that horse desperately wants to be heard.
:rolleyes:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you become personally denigrating? Is it to discourage a true discussion? To avoid a real response? Why not answer instead of deflect by disparaging others? Seriously?
Sometimes you can sense when someone is just trying to bring divisiveness for the sake of dividing.... In This case he was. And His arguments showed he is not a truth seeker but one trying to defend his denomination.... Kind of like most of the Catholics on this board.

Any Discussion that is truly Spiritual is non-denominational, and by nature can only be carried out by humble hearts willing to learn and discuss in fellowship. In Other words, they have stopped going to and fro following the doctrines of men and are seeking the Truth of the Word of God. We worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

Reactions: Episkopos

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Imposing your ego here only derails the subject of the thread...and all the others. These threads are not about you. But your mission seems to direct about everything to how you feel. No way the truth gets through that.

Have you addressed the OP or are you leading in once again with your ego? Are you following me around? I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think you are able to look beyond how you feel...about yourself. As in...how does this doctrine make me feel?

That's the part that needs to go to the cross.
yeah, the mighty marks, no one can say anything to him, you carry on what you are doing.
The Lord knows the truth about out hearts desire to please Him.

Rev_2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Rev_2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Rev_2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev_2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Rev_2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev_2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Rev_2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev_3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Rev_3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Rev_3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Rev_3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

J.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So What pronouns do you use? (Sarcasm intended) :Laughingoutloud:
@stunnedbygrace @Nancy @marks

All,
Please pass this along to whomever will listen. Anytime someone asks you to be called by their pronouns, tell them "they aren't your pronouns; they're mine. Language is in the mouth of the speaker. When I am the one speaking, I will use any words I choose to use in order to convey the ideas I want to convey."

Anyone who tells you they have a right to dictate how you use your language does not love the truth.

Edit: This post is not intended to speak to the current conversation. Sorry.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's more dismissive just to chalk up your objections to some emotional reaction like "fear", not that you could have a Biblical objection, right? No . . . you are afraid
Listen, O mighty marks, just because you think you are intelligent and a cut above the rest, you aren't, got it?
The same goes with the "sissie" with her "loose wisps"

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All,
Please pass this along to whomever will listen. Anytime someone asks you to be called by their pronouns, tell them "they aren't your pronouns; they're mine. Language is in the mouth of the speaker. When I am the one speaking, I will use any words I choose to use in order to convey the ideas I want to convey."

Anyone who tells you they have a right to dictate how you use your language does not love the truth.

I’m decades ahead of all this. I grew up getting heck for almost every single sentence that came out of my mouth. There were two different ways something I said would be attacked. The everyday way would be that I just used a wrong word or pronounced a word improperly (example I would say foyer and she would insist I say foy-ay.) Or I would say cloudy and she would insist thats the wrong word to use and it wasn’t cloudy but was overcast. Then I would get a long lesson on why overcast was the more perfect word to use because the angle of the light, combined with the time of year made blah, blah, blah.

It always had to do with her feeling I would make her look ignorant in front of anyone. I was not really a person, I was to be an accessory made for the sole purpose of enhancing her and making her look godlike in front of the world. And if I didn’t speak how she saw as “perfectly” I was making her look bad.

The other way, and this depended on how she was currently feeling at any given moment, was that I was an evil enemy out to destroy her with my every word. Everything I said was somehow an attack on her person and she hated me. (One person I’ve conversed with in here is especially like this. You feel you could say the sky is blue and he would holler about how it was a personal attack meant to destroy his reputation.) It is anything true that disturbs him. Just like the family member, he sees me as a tool, here for the sole purpose of using me to make him look good. And the truth doesn’t make someone like that look good so a bitter fight ensues in which how dare you tell the truth if it makes me look bad or feel bad about myself! So a long discussion will drag on about how what you’ve said is not true with lots of gaslighting to make you doubt reality, (which is to say, make you doubt truth, because truth IS reality.) It’s always the one telling the truth that becomes the “evil” person. That’s the person that must be shut up, the scapegoat. The scapegoat speaking infuriates people. No one can talk about what’s being done to them and how it’s the opposite of what is right.

Its all a big, jumbled mess with narcissism. We are all caught in it from a young age, but we Grow up with lesser or worse examples of it.

But what we’ve been recently seeing snowballing in the world at large is that same dysfunction I grew up in escaped and running free. The gaslighting is making men crazy because they don’t understand what’s happening. They don’t understand the dynamics or that it’s intended to make you doubt reality(truth), and is geared to make you look evil and someone else to look virtuous when the opposite is true. So anything virtuous is evil and anything evil becomes the virtuous thing. Light is darkness and darkness is light. The truth is exchanged for a lie.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m decades ahead of all this. I grew up getting heck for almost every single sentence that came out of my mouth. There were two different ways something I said would be attacked. The everyday way would be that I just used a wrong word or pronounced a word improperly (example I would say foyer and she would insist I say foy-ay.) Or I would say cloudy and she would insist thats the wrong word to use and it wasn’t cloudy but was overcast. Then I would get a long lesson on why overcast was the more perfect word to use because the angle of the light, combined with the time of year made blah, blah, blah.

It always had to do with her feeling I would make her look ignorant in front of anyone. I was not really a person, I was to be an accessory made for the sole purpose of enhancing her and making her look godlike in front of the world. And if I didn’t speak how she saw as “perfectly” I was making her look bad.

The other way, and this depended on how she was currently feeling at any given moment, was that I was an evil enemy out to destroy her with my every word. Everything I said was somehow an attack on her person and she hated me. (One person I’ve conversed with in here is especially like this. You feel you could say the sky is blue and he would holler about how it was a personal attack meant to destroy his reputation.) It is anything true that disturbs him. Just like the family member, he sees me as a tool, here for the sole purpose of using me to make him look good. And the truth doesn’t make someone like that look good so a bitter fight ensues in which how dare you tell the truth if it makes me look bad or feel bad about myself! So a long discussion will drag on about how what you’ve said is not true with lots of gaslighting to make you doubt reality, (which is to say, make you doubt truth, because truth IS reality.) It’s always the one telling the truth that becomes the “evil” person. That’s the person that must be shut up, the scapegoat. The scapegoat speaking infuriates people. No one can talk about what’s being done to them and how it’s the opposite of what is right.

Its all a big, jumbled mess with narcissism. We are all caught in it from a young age, but we Grow up with lesser or worse examples of it.

But what we’ve been recently seeing snowballing in the world at large is that same dysfunction I grew up in escaped and running free. The gaslighting is making men crazy because they don’t understand what’s happening. They don’t understand the dynamics or that it’s intended to make you doubt reality(truth), and is geared to make you look evil and someone else to look virtuous when the opposite is true. So anything virtuous is evil and anything evil becomes the virtuous thing.
The way you describe your feelings and the damage this kind of thinking can cause is why I wrote my post. You put it beautifully. Thanks sis.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way you describe your feelings and the damage this kind of thinking can cause is why I wrote my post. You put it beautifully. Thanks sis.
We are all traumatized and emotionally hurt by it, to varying degrees.
The entire head is sick
And the entire heart is faint.
6 From the sole of the foot even to the head
There is nothing healthy in it,
Only bruises, slashes, and raw wounds;
Not pressed out nor bandaged,
Nor softened with oil.

'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,declares the LORD. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. And the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all. And you will know the truth and it will set you free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy talking with youC&Z. You see some of the same stuff I’ve seen and so when I put it into words you understand it rather than saying I’m crazy. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy talking with youC&Z. You see some of the same stuff I’ve seen and so when I put it into words you understand it rather than saying I’m crazy. :)

People enjoy talking to people who share their point of view. Some people ONLY enjoy those conversations. They don't want to be challenged. They don't want to be questioned. They hate being disagreed with.

They treat every interaction like it should be another therapy session. They just want to be heard and affirmed. They love all the analysis, as long as it's in agreement with their comfortable perspective there on the couch. The more esoteric the conversation, the better. Analysis takes the prominent position, while change becomes an afterthought. No need to change when I can come back next week and talk more about the need to change.

I bought @Episkopos book-- 'The Sum of All Possibilities in Christ' --- and just started reading it. I can see why it/he appeals to you in particular. It's psycho-analysis disguised as theology. With the little bit of personal history that you've shared, I can see it's right up your alley.

Having said that- I like the overall direction he's going in, at least at the beginning of the book (which is all I've read so far). He hints at things that are true while beating around the bush they grow on.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes you can sense when someone is just trying to bring divisiveness for the sake of dividing.... In This case he was. And His arguments showed he is not a truth seeker but one trying to defend his denomination.... Kind of like most of the Catholics on this board.

Any Discussion that is truly Spiritual is non-denominational, and by nature can only be carried out by humble hearts willing to learn and discuss in fellowship. In Other words, they have stopped going to and fro following the doctrines of men and are seeking the Truth of the Word of God. We worship God in Spirit and in Truth.
And that excuses such behavior?

That's not a question you should answer to me, only to yourself.

Love is . . .

The fruit of the Spirit is . . .

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All,

Perfect!

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you bully those who disagree with you. If you disagree, show otherwise. How many times have I seen you denigrate personally those who disagree with you? I can't begin to count! I've seen if from my first days on this forum years ago.

Again, if you think this doesn't represent reality, I'm happy to be wrong! I only ask, that you demonstrate a real dialog with others. Even when they disagree.
Agreed. He claims to invite scrutiny, yet refuses to answer my questions, rationalizing they don't count based on not being good enough.

Imposing your ego here only derails the subject of the thread...and all the others
Rarely does one see a post so rich with self-projection.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You'll notice that nowhere in the Bible does it say ANYTHING of why God created Man, of what happens after you die (except for parables), or of who you were before you were born, etc. These are all great questions left unanswered. Jesus only directly (without parable) addressed this question once, saying that you will be like angels after the ressurection, and he only did this reluctantly, because he was pestered by the Saducees.

Jesus talked at length about loving your neighbor and your enemies and trusting God but rarely talked about metaphysics or the nature of the soul. So I can only conclude - these things don't matter, or at least our understanding of them doesn't matter. In truth, nobody except God can ever know the workings of the soul and we are just monkeys scratching our heads at the starry night sky and coming up with whatever laughable explanations for these lights that make sense to our monkey brains. So I don't see any reason to hate someone because they're trying to figure something out, and neither do I think anyone should be so arrogant as to think that their denomination has all the answers. As long as we live by the principles of living in praise of God and love of our neighbors, I think that any explanation of our existence is good as long as it brings us to this, and any explanation is bad if it takes us away from this. God will reveal how it all works one day, anyways.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll notice that nowhere in the Bible does it say ANYTHING of why God created Man, of what happens after you die (except for parables), or of who you were before you were born, etc. These are all great questions left unanswered. Jesus only directly (without parable) addressed this question once, saying that you will be like angels after the ressurection, and he only did this reluctantly, because he was pestered by the Saducees.

Jesus talked at length about loving your neighbor and your enemies and trusting God but rarely talked about metaphysics or the nature of the soul. So I can only conclude - these things don't matter, or at least our understanding of them doesn't matter. In truth, nobody except God can ever know the workings of the soul and we are just monkeys scratching our heads at the starry night sky and coming up with whatever laughable explanations for these lights that make sense to our monkey brains. So I don't see any reason to hate someone because they're trying to figure something out, and neither do I think anyone should be so arrogant as to think that their denomination has all the answers. As long as we live by the principles of living in praise of God and love of our neighbors, I think that any explanation of our existence is good as long as it brings us to this, and any explanation is bad if it takes us away from this. God will reveal how it all works one day, anyways.

Or you just missed it.

You negate his parables, why? -because you don't understand them? Start with the parable of the seeds and tell us again that he doesn't speak metaphysically about the nature of the soul.