hermeneutics, How it has Changed my Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never liked Hermen much, dunno why, sure seems like a good idea. Gone bad, somehow. The blind leading the blind, is mostly what i get from it. Hermens cant ever give me cogent replies, start playing Dodge Boys on me.
I also never liked it much either, this hermeneutics [no offense intended to our new member @hermeneutics ]. I only learned that there was such a word and what is meant a few years ago on a Christian forum (not this one) and by that time I was traveling a different Way!

"Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein." Isaiah 35:6-8

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I also never liked it much either, this hermeneutics [no offense intended to our new member @hermeneutics ]. I only learned that there was such a word and what is meant a few years ago on a Christian forum (not this one) and by that time I was traveling a different Way!
ditto to both of those. All three even. 2/3
"Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein." Isaiah 35:6-8
the Jordan came to mind in there for me, hmm, hafta read the chapter i guess ty :)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the age of 45 I was down and out, lose job, nothing to fall back on, pity party and then find a job.
Found a job where a employee witnessed to me. Made me hungry for God. Bought bible on tape and read along with those tapes for couple of months. didn't really understand the word, but one evening I opened my bible and sit down to read. My wife had gone to bed. A few minutes later, not sure how long, while reading bible God started talking to me through scripture. I have written the message down so I can go back and read it, but I have never had too.
I knew God had saved me. My wife and son joined be in becoming regular members of church. Baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost.

Couple or three years later my son asked me what I knew about preterism. He asked me to give him my opinion on it. After putting a lot of study in how to interpret the bible I was able to tell my son that it could be true and treat is just like any other prophecy. Told him it was not a salvation issue, so believe it or not.

With some knowledge on interpretation of bible i started looking at other bible stories that were not clear to me.

These things are what I will post, with scriptural proof. What I have discovered is not salvation issues but answers to what had not been explained to my satisfaction.

Welcome to the forums @hermeneutics !

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of my posts come from the fact that God is not the author of confusion and many the current explanations are confusing to me.

For example:
Bones of man and animals are found to be much older than Adam's would be and that could only mean that God put those bones in the ground to bring confusion. If not, we have to accept the earth and animals in times past existed way before Adam and Eve were formed, and I say formed because the bible does not say Adam and Eve were created. If it doesn't say created then there has to be a difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2.

The devil's children have been here on earth since Cain.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Having read some of book in the 'Wars of the Jews', I came to the conclusion that the devil's children were in Jerusalem and in control of the Temple at the time the Roman's destroyed it. I recommend it.

Because of little explanation of the above, I have had to research much of it from other people's posting on the internet.

I have concluded that if it makes sense, then it is true and can be explained from scripture.

Again, I want to point out that what I post is not salvation issues, but it is for your consideration.

Good post, and food for thought.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is indeed in all the Scriptures, but I don't see the church in the Old Testament at all.
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." Ex 33:20

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face..." I Cor 13:12

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." Ex 33:20

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face..." I Cor 13:12
None of these verses refer to the church, the post-Pentecost entity of which Ephesians speaks so eloquently, and which will be taken at the Rapture.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these verses refer to the church, the post-Pentecost entity of which Ephesians speaks so eloquently, and which will be taken at the Rapture.
You say those verses do not refer to the Church nor did I say that they did. My point was that without the "eyes to see" a person will never come to the "face to face" vision of which Apostle Paul wrote. What they speak about is vision without which we shall perish. You my friend may not be completely blind but is your vision improving? You may want to check in with God, the God who never changes, before you settle back to believe that He cares more about you than those who lived directly under the law God gave to Moses. God indeed has given you and me more than He gave them and for that reason He requires MORE from us:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48