hermeneutics, How it has Changed my Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person were a Jew in 70ad, they’d have suffered great tribulation
I want to be very clear about Jews. There were good figs and there were bad figs. The good figs, the ones who were of the tribe of Judah were true Jews, many of those, during the time that Jesus was here,lived in Sumeria where most of the disciples came from. Then there were those who were of Babylon who had mixed blood and just took up the religion of Jews were the bad figs.

King Herod the Great (sic), who had all of the children under two years killed, was not a true Jew.

Reactions: Giuliano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree with that statement, where do you suppose Paul received the revelation of this mystery?
The New Testament truly is new revelation. Without the Apostles, the faithful Jewish remnant would not have had a body of revealed truth about the new entity that came into being at Pentecost.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Apostles did not simply preach the Old Testament. Although they did indeed do this. There was also truly new revelation as the Spirit of God led them. I don't see the church as an institutional continuation of Israel; it's something fundamentally different, that started at Pentecost.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles did not simply preach the Old Testament. Although they did indeed do this. There was also truly new revelation as the Spirit of God led them. I don't see the church as an institutional continuation of Israel; it's something fundamentally different, that started at Pentecost.
I agree, but that doesn’t mean that revelation of this mystery isn’t concealed in the Old Testament.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus continually asks, have you not read? We have to understand all whom He was speaking too... had neither the Spirit of God nor the narrative.