Hi, everybody

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
I'm new here.
I look forward to participating and contributing to discussions in a spirit of brotherhood.
I'm 57, Mexican and father of two beautiful grown-up daughters.
My religion is the Baha'i Faith, so I will restrict my participation to the threads where non-Christians can contribute, as per the rules of the forum

Warm regards to you all, brothers and sisters.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You believe Baha'i, but the question every religion faces is: would you die for it?

I know someone who would die for Jesus, but not give a second thought to other religions.

I'm not trying to corner you - I am honestly interested in your answer?

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
You believe Baha'i, but the question every religion faces is: would you die for it?

I know someone who would die for Jesus, but not give a second thought to other religions.

I'm not trying to corner you - I am honestly interested in your answer?

Hi, Gottservant!

Wow, the subject of martyrdom is a tough one. It would deserve a separate thread, I think, and certainly not initiated by me.
My short answer is that I would die for some principles associated with practicing or living my faith, but I would not die to sustain any particular doctrine... But this is me. I respect those who can die for their theological beliefs.

In a world where persecution is fortunately rare nowadays, living your faith can be as challenging or more challenging that dying for it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here.
I look forward to participating and contributing to discussions in a spirit of brotherhood.
I'm 57, Mexican and father of two beautiful grown-up daughters.
My religion is the Baha'i Faith, so I will restrict my participation to the threads where non-Christians can contribute, as per the rules of the forum

Warm regards to you all, brothers and sisters.
Hi, I learned that the Baha'i faith accounts for the largest body of believers at the U.N. which, I think, is part of the driving force behind it's agenda...because the U.N. isn't so much an organization about getting together the world's nations as it is getting together the world's religions.

While both Christianity and the Baha'i Faith acknowledge a respective "Creator" - that seems to be where the similarity ends. The one is "Christ-centered" and revolves around "the Everlasting Gospel" while the other appears to be a New Age "man-centered" faith; the one has a single Divine Messenger, Jesus Christ, while the other has "two divine messengers"; the one tells of coming planetary destruction, the other speaks of continued advancement of civilization; the one holds the Holy Bible as the Word of God while the other has the Kitab-i-Aqdas as "the most holy book".

While there are many other such differences, determining which is truth can be ascertained by one and only one deciding factor - the Divine Challenge. Over 2,700 years ago in Isaiah 41:21-24 KJV, the Creator challenged all other so-called "creator gods" to step up and prove their divinity by one simple test:

"Declare unto Us the future that We may know you are gods".
He then immediately lined them all up and pimp slapped the dogsnot out of each and every one of them:

"Behold, ye are nothing, and your work is nothing, and anyone who trusts you is an abomination."

Now, any self-respecting god would have immediately stepped up to the challenge and declared what the future holds to his ready and waiting mortal scribes, if only to shut that arrogant Jehovah up. Over 2,700 years later, the challenge has gone unmet by all including the "creator" of the Baha'i faith.

See, Satan is the author of all false religion, including New Age Baha'i, which is why we don't find the Spirit of Prophecy anywhere but the Bible. Because Satan - a mortal creature bound by space and time as we are - can't say for certain what will happen tomorrow, let alone thousands of years into the future as the Bible repeatedly does. So, I ask you...why would you continue following a false system of faith authored by the "king over all the children of pride" when you can turn from that and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and His gift of eternal life? He truly is the only "way, the truth, and the life" my friend.

Reactions: Hepzibah and Debp

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Hi, @Phoneman777

I will be happy to answer your question within the Interfaith Dialogue section of the forum.
If you are interested, please open a thread there.
May God bless you and your family with joy, health and wisdom.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, @Phoneman777

I will be happy to answer your question within the Interfaith Dialogue section of the forum.
If you are interested, please open a thread there.
May God bless you and your family with joy, health and wisdom.
No need. I already know the Bible is the only book that contains the Spirit of Prophecy and that the "creator" of the Baha'i Faith can only be Satan, as evidenced by the "most holy book" of your faith totally devoid of the Spirit of Prophecy.

If I were you, I'd pray to your "creator" and ask him why he let the Creator Redeemer God of Christianity pimp slap the dogsnot out of him without even so much as moving his lips in defense of himself.

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
No need. I already know the Bible is the only book that contains the Spirit of Prophecy and that the "creator" of the Baha'i Faith can only be Satan...
Now let me share with you what I know.
I know that the Creator of your Faith, the Christian Faith, is God.
I know that you are a child of God.
I know that God has been blessing you and will continue to bless you.
I know that the two of us will meet in paradise, and know each other better, and love each other.
What I don't know, though, is if you like frijoles. If you do, I may invite you to Mexico one day to taste them in a couple of ways.
The one shown in the image below is perhaps better known in the US, as they are common in Texas. The majority of Mexicans, though, eat black beans, not brown ones, and in the city where I live (Mexico City) we add a herb known as epazote.

1716842922524.png

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that the two of us will meet in paradise, and know each other better, and love each other.
What I don't know, though, is if you like frijoles. If you do, I may invite you to Mexico one day to taste them in a couple of ways.
The one shown in the image below is perhaps better known in the US, as they are common in Texas. The majority of Mexicans, though, eat black beans, not brown ones, and in the city where I live (Mexico City) we add a herb known as epazote.

View attachment 45686
Friend, a drowning victim doesn't need camaraderie, he needs salvation - that opportunity for the former can be possible by the latter. As a member of the Baha'i Faith, you believe in "two divine messengers" and a "most holy book" and a brand of New Age teaching that is pretty much the Old Lie of Satan.

Please, let's examine the challenge the Creator presented to all other "creators" and see where that leads.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Pancho. Just a sincere question....what do you believe about Jesus Christ dying for your sins and rising from the dead?

In the Bible we are told the blood is what makes an atonement for our sins (Lev. 17:11).... that's why Jesus became a sacrifice for us.

I realize you might have been raised Catholic. I am not talking about having a ritualistic faith. I am talking about a simple faith in Christ as our Savior and simply walking with the Lord daily.

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Hi Pancho. Just a sincere question....what do you believe about…
Hi Depb

Honestly, my understanding of those two deep mysteries is very limited from a theological perspective.
I will try to give you an answer from what I experience as a common believer.

I thank God for the gift of Jesus Christ, who was willing to go all the way to the cross in order to deliver his Message of Salvation. Such willingness is the best sign of love to mankind and submission to God.
My old self has been crucified and it is the spirit of Christ who lives in me.

Regarding the resurrection, I am convinced that Jesus was not defeated at the cross. Christ lives, the kingdom he announced is among us and He reigns forever. I have been risen from the dead with Christ and born into a new life.

To me, atonement and resurrection are powerful metaphors of the reconciliation with God and the life in his presence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Depb

Honestly, my understanding of those two deep mysteries is very limited from a theological perspective.
I will try to give you an answer from what I experience as a common believer.

I thank God for the gift of Jesus Christ, who was willing to go all the way to the cross in order to deliver his Message of Salvation. Such willingness is the best sign of love to mankind and submission to God.
My old self has been crucified and it is the spirit of Christ who lives in me.

Regarding the resurrection, I am convinced that Jesus was not defeated at the cross. Christ lives, the kingdom he announced is among us and He reigns forever. I have been risen from the dead with Christ and born into a new life.

To me, atonement and resurrection are powerful metaphors of the reconciliation with God and the life in his presence.

It sounds to me like you are believing on Christ in a Biblical way. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your Savior?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Pancho! Love the name BTW. :p
We eat beans here all the time. My son in law is Mexican.
For Memorial Day dinner, we had flautas, with pinto and black beans on the side. Yum!!!

Reactions: Pancho Frijoles

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your Savior?

Yes, but in a different way than my Christian fellows do. I'm not a Christian, Debp.
I can think in two main differences:

FIRST

I believe that Jesus' Message is what saves and conveys eternal life. It is the Word. So, everytime in the Scriptures I find Jesus referring to Himself, I read it as the Message or Word He incarnates.
By doing what He said (repentance, becoming citizen of the Kingdom with the character He demanded) we express belief in Him and show we have been saved. This "doing" is possible only through the grace of God, which He pours over all person who comes with a contrite heart. In the end, salvation is an underserved gift.

SECOND

I think God's method of salvation (by grace) has been always the same. Before and after Christ's sacrifice. It has been the same for people from all nations and from all religions. So, the different covenants, laws, dispensations, etc. refer to specific ways in which such grace is revealed and understood by the people... but the way humans are saved is the same and has always been the same.

If you would like to know how I think in this regard, we can discuss in the Interfaith Dialogue section of the Forum.

Warm regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler