Hi everyone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
(Christina;67497)
try the link I gave you in post #9 again and see if its working
No luck still Chris, it's given me the same page I pasted earlier.

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
(Jordan;67499)
That's great news.
smile.gif
Glad you got it working now.
Cheers Jordan. Though I am still having trouble view the link Chris gave me! lol

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
Welcome aboard Heavy Metal. It is wonderful to hear from people like you who are keen to hear and learn more about God. I recently became a Christian myself even though I thought I had done that 17 years ago!!One very powerful verse comes to mind that I find very inspiring, especially when I hear of others who are seeking to know more about God....Luke 15:7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.The best thing you can do to understand more about God is to seek Him with all your heart. Ask Him to make all things clear to you and get yourself a Bible and start reading it. Trust me, if you are genuine about discovering who God is, He WILL answer your prayers and He WILL lead you to understanding His written word.We will, of course, do our very best to encourage and help you in your seeking as well.Once you DO discover God and accept Jesus Christ as your saviour, the power of the Holy Spirit will be unmistakeable to you and you won't be the same!!! (in a VERY good way!!)QUOTE (Heavy_Metal;67474)
Thank you Christina - but when I click on it it says the following..Heavy_Metal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: 1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? 2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I get the same message as you when I click the link. It is probably a mod / admin only permission setting in adminCP (something admins can fix)

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
Thank you very much for your lovely post and profile comment AusDisciple
smile.gif
I am seeking to learn more about God and I will take your advice and get myself a Bible sometime very soon. I will update you and let you know how I am getting on! I am intrigued to hear more about how you recently became a Christian but thought you were 17yrs ago! I feel it would be a bit easier to learn more about God if I had a chance to go to Church every so often, but seeing as I never get a Sunday off that does not seem too likely at the moment. All my family are not religious and do not like too much "God talk" in the house, so I find myself not being able to question much about God. (If I do I get a sarcastic reply). In fact, the only Christian I have ever known in my family was my great Gran, who passed away last year. So any help in seeking God and learning more about him will be much appreciated
smile.gif
As for your quote on the problem I am having thanks for letting me know that it is not just my side, hopefully it will be fixed soon. (I am still only able to post under this section).Looking forward to hearing from you,God Bless.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Heavy_Metal;67670)
Thank you very much for your lovely post and profile comment AusDisciple
smile.gif
I am seeking to learn more about God and I will take your advice and get myself a Bible sometime very soon. I will update you and let you know how I am getting on! I am intrigued to hear more about how you recently became a Christian but thought you were 17yrs ago! I feel it would be a bit easier to learn more about God if I had a chance to go to Church every so often, but seeing as I never get a Sunday off that does not seem too likely at the moment. All my family are not religious and do not like too much "God talk" in the house, so I find myself not being able to question much about God. (If I do I get a sarcastic reply). In fact, the only Christian I have ever known in my family was my great Gran, who passed away last year. So any help in seeking God and learning more about him will be much appreciated
smile.gif
As for your quote on the problem I am having thanks for letting me know that it is not just my side, hopefully it will be fixed soon. (I am still only able to post under this section).Looking forward to hearing from you,God Bless.

Hello Heavy_Metal. How are you today? Hope you are having a good day. That's great that you are getting a bible.
smile.gif
I personally prefer the good old KJV. Not the NKJV... anyway I would say more of this, but I do not know if you are interested in it...even though you only got this section to post only.

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
Hi Jordan, my day has been good thanks (it is 21.19pm here) Hope yours will also be good! Yeah I will be interested in hearing about the KJV and the NKJV... though I am not sure what either of them are or means lol.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Heavy_Metal;67674)
Hi Jordan, my day has been good thanks (it is 21.19pm here) Hope yours will also be good! Yeah I will be interested in hearing about the KJV and the NKJV... though I am not sure what either of them are or means lol.
Yes my day is good. Well I only use KJV and NKJV as an example. KJV = King James Version and NKJV = New King James Version.I really have a very bad personal experience through the Modern Versions. I also have a very bad personal experiences in church as well. I've had a wonderful, in fact very wonderful experience through the KJV. I felt the love in it.My very first bible I have was a NIV (New International Version) bible, but I never saw it in my life until until summer 2006 (where that year I became a Christian) after I read most of the first (KJV) bible. I tried to read the NIV after my mom showed it to me... I could not handle it at all... I have a NLT (New Living Translation) as a gift from my grandparents that same year... same thing happened to me when the NIV. This is my personal experience only. I have a best friend who's also in this forum, started with the NIV. The NIV got her so hungry for God's Words, and later God led her to the KJV to learn so much more to God's Words.I can show you the link of my work, but I know you can't access it either.So if you prefer the Modern Versions, that is your choice. I reccommend reading multiple versions of the bible as I have to have faith in people for God to do the same thing...If you prefer KJV, I say that's the only thing you need. Again, I can't say the same for everybody else. I can only say my personal experience.Maybe one day, you will understand why I say this... But know this Heavy_Metal. I love you as well I care about you.God is found in the book.Psalm 40:7 - Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,Hebrews 10:7 - Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Jilli

Feb 23, 2009
Hi,not sure whats going on with the other link (why the need for it?)Just want to say Heavy Metal that if you cannot get a bible thenthere is an easy way to find the bible online. Can't remember thelink but just google 'bible' and you will find it. Really great to hear you are searching - keep it up! Seek and you will find.