Hi everyone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
Hey everyone, just a little introduction about myself and reasons for joining..You can call me Nathan, I'm 18 and I'm from South Wales - United Kingdom. I'm into all sorts of things..like football and music (as you've probably guessed from my username!) and other things that you'll learn about me in time lol, trying to keep this as short as possible. Anyway back on topic.. I am not Christian and do not really class myself in any other religion either.. I do have certain opinions on things that I think may exist in the "afterlife" and I would be happy to share them with anyone and happy to listen to others views
biggrin.gif
(I respect views different to my own) and hope that my views will also be respected. I am a open minded person so please do not feel you cant express your feelings as i'll be more than happy to hear them! The reason I joined this forum is because i'm as you would call it.. "On the Fence" about the afterlife and haven't really properly decided what I believe or have faith in. I figured that joining a forum like this will be a good starter for me and hope that everyone is all friendly lol.Hope I haven't bored you all
tongue.gif
- See you all around the forum!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well we are happy to answer questions and talk but do not ask us to opened mined about things that are against the Word of God ..we will not be ...that's why we belong to a Christian site we are Christians
smile.gif
doesn't mean we don't like you or are not willing to have conversations about your thoughts /beliefs just dont ask us to believe them if they are contrary to Gods Word. So tell us whats on your mind

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Hey Heavy Metal, so glad you are here. Hope you can teachus something about the after life. I have never experiencedit and I would like to know before I take my journey. HEHe,just kidding...I will be looking for your post. Hope you enjoythe forum.Logabe

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
(Christina;67392)
Well we are happy to answer questions and talk but do not ask us to opened mined about things that are against the Word of God ..we will not be ...that's why we belong to a Christian site we are Christians
smile.gif
doesn't mean we don't like you or are not willing to have conversations about your thoughts /beliefs just dont ask us to believe them if they are contrary to Gods Word. So tell us whats on your mind
OK then thats fair enough. Though.. I'm not really 100% sure what is and what is not the words of God lol so if i ask something that is against the words of God dont be offended just let me know and ill stop talking about it. Dont really know much about Christianity hence the reason i've joined on here, at the moment im just curious. I will not reject God from my life though I must feel something to want to accept him into it. Hopefully i'll see/learn stuff on here which will help me accept God/Jesus into my life. (I really dont know how this works lol). I'm as you would call a complete beginner in the fields of religeon/beliefs so i guess im here to learn about the name of God!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Heavy_Metal;67446)
OK then thats fair enough. Though.. I'm not really 100% sure what is and what is not the words of God lol so if i ask something that is against the words of God dont be offended just let me know and ill stop talking about it. Dont really know much about Christianity hence the reason i've joined on here, at the moment im just curious. I will not reject God from my life though I must feel something to want to accept him into it. Hopefully i'll see/learn stuff on here which will help me accept God/Jesus into my life. (I really dont know how this works lol). I'm as you would call a complete beginner in the fields of religeon/beliefs so i guess im here to learn about the name of God!
LOL oh dont worry you will know when we start telling you ........Its fine if you ask........ What I mean is just dont start telling us we should believe you when you tell us we should worship a rock or something:) I believe you are only able to post in Christian Questions forum and this one for the time being its our line of security. So go ahead ask us question or tell us your thought on a thing

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
OK, lol.Well my thoughts on pretty much anything regarding what happens when you die, where do you go etc are pretty blurry. They change quite often depending on what I see or hear. I think the whole Jesus/God thing makes sense and I'd rather believe the Christian theory over the scientific rubbish. That is one thing that I know for sure that I'm not a person of Science lol. Personally at the moment I feel that death is not the end, in fact for some odd reason I feel quite 110% positive on that. I believe that you become some sort of Spirit without the physical body..maybe even living in the same world but through a different dimension. I'm not too sure. What I'm on the fence about is whether there is a "Heaven" and that is the place you go when your physical body dies. I feel I want to believe in God as life would be less depressing with the thought of eternal life forever, wouldn't it? Not really much to worry about then, lol. But.. what goes against me believing it is the fact that if there's a God why would he ever let so much bad happen to this world? There are a lot of people who need help in so many ways and nothing is done. I would of thought he'd of helped people, like the homeless (tramps etc), and other groups of people we all see so often in need. I don't think that he should do this to prove that he's there but I would of thought this would be done from caring. If anyone has a explanation that I have just not heard or their own belief on why so much bad happens then I would love to hear it.Like I said this is just one of the questions I am curious about that are effecting what I believe in, or not believing in. If anything I just asked goes against "the words of God" then I will apologize. ..Quick Forum question too.. how do I enable my avatar and Signature to be displayed on each post? I have put them both into the fields under my account but their still not visible anwhere. Cheers :cool:

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
Thank you Christina - but when I click on it it says the following..Heavy_Metal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: 1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? 2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Heavy_Metal;67474)
Thank you Christina - but when I click on it it says the following..Heavy_Metal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: 1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? 2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Um ... Wow... um this is so strange. ... o_O

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Heavy_Metal;67474)
Oh ok then you havent been activated yet as soon as Denver comes on he should give you access

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
I just checked the 2 emails I recieved following my registration here....Dear Heavy_Metal, Thank you for registering at the Christianity Board Christian Forum. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration. Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member. You will only need to visit this URL once to activate your account. To complete your registration, please visit this URL:It then gave me the link which I had clicked. So I'm assuming my account should already be activated? Following that I had a email stating..Dear Heavy_Metal, We have now activated your account at the Christianity Board Christian Forum. The forums can be found here: [url="http://www.christianityboard.com/index.php%5b/COLOR%5d]http://www.christianityboard.com/index.php[/url]

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
Thats good - Still no luck with my sig though. It is showing up when I enter my Sig settings but isn't showing up on any posts.

Heavy_Metal

Jan 5, 2009
Just done that, still not working. Hm.. I'm confused. It has worked as on my signature preview it shows my Sig. and also shows underneath before I click on preview. I have clicked save various times and it is definately on here. Just not appearing under my posts. Is there not a option somewhere that says "Always show my Sig" for each post? That is the case with all other forums I use. (The "show my signature" icon is already ticked under this post)EDIT - It has randomly appeared on now, didn't do anything different! Sorted
biggrin.gif