Hi from Va. with some bible questions.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VISIONARY

Mar 24, 2008
Hi, Found your forum. I was confirmed a Lutheran in 1965 and have strong belief in God, but have some questions I can't easily find on the web. 1. Is there a good free text of the bible (King James or earlier) on the web I can download and do word searches and phrase searches in? I once purchased the Online Bible from a Canadian group, it is SO hard to use I gave up. I had such a thing back in DOS days.2. I hear it said that one third of the Angels went with Satan, is that in scripture, that it was one third? Where? I did find the quote that there was a war in heaven, Is there a good discussion of this somewhere, as it sure was not a paradise if there was a war, and just how do you get a war going in such a nice place where you have all? Something just does not add up right between those two bible statements, even more so if one third were that un-satisfied that they would revolt. Then it was not paradise. Which is right?

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
1. Is there a good free text of the bible (King James or earlier) on the web I can download and do word searches and phrase searches in? I once purchased the Online Bible from a Canadian group, it is SO hard to use I gave up. I had such a thing back in DOS days.
E-sword is a good one...welcome to CB. Your Satan question really should go in the General Christian forum.....

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
Welcome VISIONARY and disorderedattraction! Glad you found this site. Sorry I don't know enough to answer your questions Visionary. If no one answers them in this section, TWO has a good idea that you could start a new thread and ask them again. There are many helpful people here that can help you.
smile.gif