HILLSONG

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What horrible heresy in these songs !!!
Two of my favorites.
Unfortunately, in the case of Hillsong, perhaps their success as a church is being seen as a threat to those whose churches aren't as on fire for the Lord.
There's an American pastor who will far too often dedicate his entire sermon to attacking other pastors for their faith, teachings, and church.

In the case of Brian Houston, the pastor of Hillsong, it appears his critics are regurgitating the age old scandal as relates to his dad, Frank Houston. An admitted pedophile, who stepped down from the pulpit after admission of his egregious sins against innocent treasures of our Lord.
If one wishes to witness the energy generated at Hillsong, not just through the music ministry but the preaching as well, there are videos aplenty available on You Tube.
I would suggest we not pass the sins of the father onto the son, as that is not Biblical, and consider the fruit Brian Houston produces as pastor today. Members of his family also pastor.

Further, perhaps if one chooses to watch the You Tube Hillsong preaching videos they can decide if the preaching is for them, or of God, by how the Holy Spirit leads them to receive them.

The church are the faithful in Christ. Not a structure fashioned by mortal hands where God said, he is not found. Holy Spirit God is found in the temples of dust; us. :)

Reactions: Nancy and marks

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This type of language should be unacceptable on this forum and is a hurtful un-necessary insult to me. But I still love you and pray for you.

Mary

BTW...Just because someone disagrees with you it does not make them stupid.
Best not to insult others then.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Two of my favorites.
Unfortunately, in the case of Hillsong, perhaps their success as a church is being seen as a threat to those whose churches aren't as on fire for the Lord.
There's an American pastor who will far too often dedicate his entire sermon to attacking other pastors for their faith, teachings, and church.

In the case of Brian Houston, the pastor of Hillsong, it appears his critics are regurgitating the age old scandal as relates to his dad, Frank Houston. An admitted pedophile, who stepped down from the pulpit after admission of his egregious sins against innocent treasures of our Lord.
If one wishes to witness the energy generated at Hillsong, not just through the music ministry but the preaching as well, there are videos aplenty available on You Tube.
I would suggest we not pass the sins of the father onto the son, as that is not Biblical, and consider the fruit Brian Houston produces as pastor today. Members of his family also pastor.

Further, perhaps if one chooses to watch the You Tube Hillsong preaching videos they can decide if the preaching is for them, or of God, by how the Holy Spirit leads them to receive them.

The church are the faithful in Christ. Not a structure fashioned by mortal hands where God said, he is not found. Holy Spirit God is found in the temples of dust; us. :)

But as often in the case when the charismatic founder dies or moves on, it all falls in a heap.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a bit confused by your post sir. You say you don’t want hearsay but go on to post hearsay.

I like some of their songs. I don’t think Hillsong fits the definition of a cult. Are there other churches that has members worldwide that fit your definition of a cult?
I would gently suggest you are mistaken that Marksman engaged in hearsay in the OP. Providing an overview of cult practices due to one's personal studies, as Marksman said, he had studied cult practices, is not hearsay.
While the latter part of his OP is sharing of personal experience, "Apart from my studies, I have been a member of two cults...."
Sharing personal experience in what Marksman's aforementioned studies enabled him to judge as cults after he'd become a member, is not hearsay either.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would gently suggest you are mistaken that Marksman engaged in hearsay in the OP. Providing an overview of cult practices due to one's personal studies, as Marksman said, he had studied cult practices, is not hearsay.
While the latter part of his OP is sharing of personal experience, "Apart from my studies, I have been a member of two cults...."
Sharing personal experience in what Marksman's aforementioned studies enabled him to judge as cults after he'd become a member, is not hearsay either.
Read post 155