Hindering God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can satan hinder God through us? I do not believe so. I believe we hinder ourselves, but everything is done in God's perfect timing.

I don't have time to put together a well thought out scriptural debate as to why I believe this way. My kids keep me busy these days. But I would like to hear some thoughts on it.

What I heard a pastor explain is it is like when Satan puts a doubt in our mind, "what if I lay hands on someone and healing doesn't work" that we are allowing satan to use us to hinder God by not healing a person. I really don't know what to think about the line Ive heard before "quenching" the Holy Spirit, because God is Omnipotent and Omniscient. If He knows what will happen and yet His plan is still perfect, then in His timing it will be done.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we read the book of Job we see God allowed satan to do everything to Job except take his life but was allowed to take away his family. Paul said satan was allowed by God to have a thorn in his flesh to buffet him which kept Paul humble. There are other examples but its all under Gods Sovereign hand.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can satan hinder God through us? I do not believe so. I believe we hinder ourselves, but everything is done in God's perfect timing.

I don't have time to put together a well thought out scriptural debate as to why I believe this way. My kids keep me busy these days. But I would like to hear some thoughts on it.

What I heard a pastor explain is it is like when Satan puts a doubt in our mind, "what if I lay hands on someone and healing doesn't work" that we are allowing satan to use us to hinder God by not healing a person. I really don't know what to think about the line Ive heard before "quenching" the Holy Spirit, because God is Omnipotent and Omniscient. If He knows what will happen and yet His plan is still perfect, then in His timing it will be done.
I know Paul mentions Satan hindering him, but not God.

I look at Romans 8:28, We know all things work together for good to those who love God, who are the called according to His purpose.

If Satan could hinder God, then wouldn't that mean we couldn't count on that promise?

Much love!

Reactions: Mayflower

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Mayflower. The only way we can hinder god is by living in uncompressed sin.

God heals whom He wills, not how we will or even pray!

God does not cease working because of honest unsureness or doubt- but because of unbelief! He is merciful and as Jesus said a smoking flax He will not quench nor a bruised reed will He break!

Reactions: marks