Could God forgive Satan?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I came across a YouTube video that attempts to answer this question. It goes on to say that Satan sinned in eternity, and in eternity, there is no past or future; only an eternal present. When God cast Satan out of heaven, his decision was final and irrevocable. So even if Satan had asked for forgiveness, it would not be granted. But for us, it's a different story. Our sin was done in time, and God used a window of time to redeem us. That's why we can still be forgiven of our sin. At least until we step out of time and into eternity. I thought it was an interesting thought, even if it is conjecture.

Reactions: Cassandra

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The nature of angels is different from humans. Angels have something called instant discernment. They make their minds up about something immediately, and that's it...forever. their decisions are permanent. We weak humans are flawed. We constantly make mistakes. god knows this, and gives us a chance to correct our errors.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, I came across a YouTube video that attempts to answer this question. It goes on to say that Satan sinned in eternity, and in eternity, there is no past or future; only an eternal present. When God cast Satan out of heaven, his decision was final and irrevocable. So even if Satan had asked for forgiveness, it would not be granted. But for us, it's a different story. Our sin was done in time, and God used a window of time to redeem us. That's why we can still be forgiven of our sin. At least until we step out of time and into eternity. I thought it was an interesting thought, even if it is conjecture.
How is it we assume that God cast Satan out of Heaven?
Darkness distances itself from light. Light does not distance itself from darkness. The Jesus event should tell us this.
Darkness cannot tolerate light cuz if it did it would also become light.

Time is the construct of sin. Sin demands its own cessation by its very nature. Eternity is the realm of God by it's very nature.
Satan will implode at the given time as will all those who love his style ie, angels or humans

Why hasn't Satan imploded already? His battery is bigger than ours yet running down just as surely.

Would God forgive Satan? I think so.

God's bright morning star; that Guardian Cherub who walked in the stones of fire has enamoured himself with pride and feels no need for forgiveness and so his trajectory remains unchanged.....a steady deliberate continued trajectory of diminishment all the way to implosion.

Ezekiel 28: 11-19
11 The word of the Lord came to me:
12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13 You were in Eden,
the garden of God;

every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.

14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.

You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.

15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.

16 Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.

17 Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.

So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground

in the sight of all who were watching.

19 All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’”

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God can forgive anyone who repents of their sin.