His or Her Royal Highness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Wow! For once the press was right about something.

But who could have suspected the Louis - except it is a Mountbatten name. The Duke of Edinburgh's uncle. That is a great choice.

Where does Alexander come from?

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
DF - Is that prophecy or wishful thinking?
There has been some talk here that the Queen MIGHT abdicate. Is there any truth to that at all?

MAYBE he was named after George Washington - The infant has something in common with his adult name sake - they are both toothless.
Or MAYBE his adversary - George III
Louis Pasteur
Alexander Graham Bell.

It looks like Kate needs to shed a few pounds - and I don't mean money.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
C'mon, she only had the baby two days ago! Her womb has only just begun going back to the normal size. It takes six weeks!

Here is a link about the names, from the BBC feature:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23443504 Royal baby: William and Kate name their son George This article explains where the names came from.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi John,

There have been some insightful features on the BBC's main website bbc.co.uk.

One pointed out that there has been an entirely successful campaign by 'the Palace' (Buckingham Palace (also known locally as 'Buck House')) to keep secret both the due date of the Duchess of Cambridge, and the fact of the birth of the Prince, four hours before it was announced formally to the world. The press had camped outside the hospital for three weeks because they didn't know when the Princess was due.

Here is more in-depth look at the name the Prince has been given: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23444082

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I eat up all news about the royals. As an emotional pentecostal type guy this sort of thing brings tears down my cheek.

Prince-George-2093588.png

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dragonfly said:
Hi aspen,

I will leave you to beef up on 'Defender of the Faith', (which is on all our coinage). Prince Charles wants to change it to Defender of Faiths. :mellow:
Well Dragonfly,

I tend to believe that the English monarchy is a ridiculous national indulgence. Perhaps it is my Irish heritage....

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Aspen - Many, if not most, Americans look at the British royals as Hollywood celebrities - especially if they are as good looking as this couple is.
Americans LOVED Diana but not her less then good looking husband.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John S said:
Aspen - Many, if not most, Americans look at the British royals as Hollywood celebrities - especially if they are as good looking as this couple is.
Indeed. There is a reason Jesus compared people to sheep.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then... The Royal Baby news gives me a break from all the negative news,

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
John S said:
It wasn't his looks that made us not care for him. It was his philandering with Camilla. When they married it was disgusting. It was like saying, yeah Diana, you were just the beautiful breeding instrument and nothing else.