Hollywood and bible movies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was originally a mini series.......5 nights.....two hours per night , or something close to that...

Here’s a bit of trivia......watch Robert Powell.....He was not allowed to blink in any of the scenes....
When it first aired here in the UK it was a series of hour long programmes spread over 12 or 13 weeks. I have tried to find it to watch again.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s a bit of trivia......watch Robert Powell.....He was not allowed to blink in any of the scenes..
Here's a bit more trivia - Robert Powell's photo in his role as Jesus appears on icons and Google more than any other.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's worth remembering that there are smaller privately-produced religious films around that aren't released to cinemas.
For example here's a snippet from one I came across on youtube-

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it first aired here in the UK it was a series of hour long programmes spread over 12 or 13 weeks. I have tried to find it to watch again.

Try you tube .....it’s on there all the time....I watch some of the great snippets.....like when he is before Pilate....the Writing and Acting is simply magnificent

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The controversial "The Last Temptation of Christ' is interesting because Jesus chooses to be saved from the cross and live out his life as an ordinary family man with wife and kids, but in the end realises his mistake and asks to be put back on the cross to fulfil his destiny, and his wish is granted-

View attachment 24342

This movie was so super controversial when it came out.....I had to travel over 100 miles to find a theatre that would play it....there were protesters outside......the movie was Unbiblical but in the end it made you better appreciate Jesus’ Sacrifice.... inaccurate , but in the end it was a Positive experience...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This snippet is from 'Jesus of Nazareth'-

This entire scene when Jesus was put before the Pharisees was excellent .....the superb writing actually made the Pharisees appear human as opposed to the “ Snidely Whiplash” characterization in most movies.....lol....this makes me want=to go back and see the movie again....I’ve probably seen it twenty times.....it’s “ that” good!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Try you tube .....it’s on there all the time....I watch some of the great snippets.....like when he is before Pilate....the Writing and Acting is simply magnificent
Thanks, I'll have a look for it.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here's Jesus and the woman at the well from another small privately-funded film (sorry can't remember the title)-

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Full of Grace" was an interesting movie - It's a fictional story of the time around of Mary's death. I found the movie a little slow moving but Mary's speech on her death bed made it all worth watching.

(I don't know why it's age restricted. It's been a while since I watched it but I don't recall anything that wouldn't be G-rated)

Reactions: dev553344