Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, please feel free to comment on any of the shared scriptures concerning the holy spirit. (E-sword.)

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Joh 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So f the Spirit tells me that Satan is still among us, and you think the Holy Spirit tells you something different, who is following the Spirit?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, please feel free to comment on any of the shared scriptures concerning the holy spirit. (E-sword.)

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Joh 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
God is an omnipresent Spirit, and yet when we think of the Holy Spirit we think of God's Spirit in a particular finite location, such as "in a church worship," or "upon a person preaching," etc. It is because we ourselves are finite, and can only "see God" in a particular location, that God has granted for us to see Him in "locations."

So as much as the Holy Spirit is God, we are only ever "seeing Him" in a limited position, and as such refer to Him in limited terms like "Comforter," or "Helper." He is not Christ but the agency by which Christ connects with us. Christ himself being finite and limited to a location, as a man like us, he also must communicate with us as God through the Holy Spirit.

So whatever Christ has done for us legally, in redeeming us from the penalty of Sin, this Grace is brought home to our bodies and minds through the agency of the Holy Spirit. As such, He becomes our present source of Divine wisdom and righteousness. Little do we realize, at times, that when we see God's power in the Person of the Holy Spirit we are actually seeing the Creator of the entire universe!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What are the things to come from the time Jesus was speaking? None other than his Death and resurrection

next verse
John 16:14 'He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.'

and those who have the Spirit will do the same!

Reactions: Ritajanice

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So f the Spirit tells me that Satan is still among us, and you think the Holy Spirit tells you something different, who is following the Spirit?
The spirit should lead people to truth. You can still believe Satan is still among human beings if you so choose to. It doesn't make me see you any less of a human being who make their own choices. Satan had been done away with Revelation, whether or not you believe that is up to you. People will believe Satan is around because they believe that Jesus has still not come and had victory. Evil lives with-in us, having watch and seen many police Interrogations, people will lie in darkness, some will finally admit the truth. It's up to them. I am not worried if people say the devil is around, or say the holy spirit tells them. You have to be discerning and make your own judgement and not listen to everyone else. The spirit should also lead people to love, joy, gentleness, faithfulness, mercy, longsuffering, kindness, and the like. People tend to use arguments like this which you shared to make factions which is not good for anyone either.

Last edited: