Home church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My kind of home church

Church hopping is not the norm. We should have a local church that we call home where Christians can have fellowship, be accountable to one another, and love one another. Make friends and get involved with the church programs. Ask not what your church can do for you – ask what you can do for your church.

I prefer a tolerant, diverse, multicultural, international, and growing church. The leadership should be exemplary, Scriptural, and scholarly. They don't pass the offering plate. Instead, tithing and donation are done online. Also, now and then, they hold what they call town hall meetings where they show the church's financial statement, etc.

For me, the denomination is not a factor. I don't mind attending any denominational church. I would join a church where I think I can be helpful and contribute toward expanding the church. Ask not what your church can do for you—ask what you can do for your church.

What about online church?

An online church is only a temporary solution. It is better to meet fellow brothers and sisters face to face.

See also Do Christians have to attend church?.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ideal church would be a church that has the characteristics of the Church at Philadelphia; as listed in Revelation 3.

A church MUST be Godly, adhere to scripture, promote sound scriptural doctrine, practice church discipline and be run by a pastor and board of elders who meet the qualifications set forth in 2 Timothy.