Home Foreclosures Now Looming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Canada, a new survey suggests 18% of homeowners already can't afford their homes | Real estate in Canada

If that's true (and there is not much reason to doubt), with 14 million homes in Canada, that means 3 million are now entering into the danger of foreclosure, and as the guest states below that number is likely even higher at this point for a variety of reasons.

This is a subset of the thread on returning to a 19th century standard of living, but I thought it deserved its own since it is something I'm watching.
Returning To A 19th Century Standard Of Living Soon?

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the US large foreclosure numbers have not taken hold yet, but all signs now suggest they will. The beginning of it should start showing up by the late Summer/ early Fall.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the US large foreclosure numbers have not taken hold yet, but all signs now suggest they will. The beginning of it should start showing up by the late Summer/ early Fall.

Yes, some are saying the recession is coming sooner rather than later, perhaps this year. Others are saying next year. Foreclosures will be an opportunity for investors, or for those who put off buying a house until then. Others, who lose their jobs may lose their houses too.

It's time to put our house in order, to ensure we have a stable budget and place to live. Less debt, and less dependence on others. Lots of prayer and self-discipline.

My wife and I have been down this road before. The Lord is faithful to those who keep good faith with Him.

Reactions: Hidden In Him