THE FULFILLMENT OF DANIEL 7, Part 4 of 4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE FULFILLMENT OF DANIEL 7, Part 4 of 4

The entire world was aware of his power

2319. While Alexander resided at Babylon, there came ambassadors to him from all the parts and nations of the world. For besides those that came out of Asia, from cities, princes and countries there, many came from other countries in Europe and Africa. From Africa came the Ethiopians who lived near the temple of Hammon and from the Carthaginians and other Punic countries bordering all along the sea coast from as far as the Pillars of Hercules and the western sea. From Europe came ambassadors from various cities of Greece, Macedon, Thracians, Illyrians and Scythians. The Brutians (England), Lucanians and Etruscians came from Italy along with the islands of Sicily and Sardinia. They also came from Spain and France whose very names and countries the Macedonians had never heard of before.

HOW ALEXANDER THE GREAT COULD HAVE FULFILLED HAVING HIS WINGS PLUCKED

If Alexander the Great had believed in the one true God Who according to note 1713 below appeared to him in a vision as a Jewish Levitical Priest and told him that he would be successful in his campaigns in Asia against the Persian Empire, he would not have not have set his sites to go beyond these boundaries, which the historical records show he endeavored to do so.

However Alexander the Greats’ desire to conquer beyond these boundaries contribute to the fulfillment of his wings being plucked when, as described below in notes 2117 - 2120 and 2146 - 2147 when his entire military refused to continue fighting and would not continue any further into India. These records also show that Alexander reasoned as a man when he took into consideration that his army had been warring with him continuously for 8 continuous years.

Dan 7:4 “The first was like a lion and had the wings of an eagle. I kept looking until its wings were plucked, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man; a human mind also was given to it.

1713. When he returned to Dios a town in Macedonia, (Arrian. l. 1. p. 11.) all his thoughts were upon the conquest of Asia. In his sleep the likeness of the High Priest of Jerusalem appeared to him, who bade him be courageous and bold. He was to quickly enter Asia with his army and that he would conduct his armies in the conquest of the Persian Empire. (Josephus, Antiquit. l. 11. c. 8. s. 5.)

2117. On the 3rd day he departed from there and came to the Hyphasis or Hypanis River. It is almost a mile wide and 36 feet deep. It was very rocky under water and quite difficult to cross. Phegeus told him what he wanted to know about the other side of the river. There was a vast desert of 11 or 12 days journey to cross bounded by the Ganges River. It was the largest in all of India. Beyond the river lived various peoples. The people there were the Gaugaridae or Gongaridae and Prasians or Praendians, or Praesiaeans, or Pharrasians, or Tabraesians, for they are all known by these different names. Their King was called Agrammes. (Diod. Sic. calls him Xagrames,) He had an army of 20,000 cavalry, 200,000 foot soldiers, 2000 chariots and 3000 or (as Diodorus says) 4000 elephants, all trained and equipped for war.

2118. These things seemed incredible to Alexander. When he had questioned Porus further, Porus told him that the force and power of that king and kingdom was indeed very great and no less than what he was told. However the current king was of ignoble birth and no better than a poor barber's son. He was hated and scorned by his subjects. Androcottus, who was then but a youth and had not only seen Alexander but also for a certain saucy prank played on Alexander, was ordered to be executed. He would have died had he not fled. Justin, (l. 15. c. 4.) tells us that he later said that Alexander almost conquered all of India. The part he missed was of little note since their the king was too wicked, so base, so hated and so much scorned by his people.

2119. Alexander began to reflect that his soldiers were all tired out and spent with the length of the war. Every man began to look for an end of these dangers and for the reward and fruit of all their labours. They had now been 8 whole years (for so long it was since he became king) in a continual perilous war. It happened that for 70 consecutive days, it poured rain accompanied with violent thunderstorms according to Diodorus. Diodorus says that to pacify the soldiers, he gave them permission to plunder a most rich and bountiful country of the enemies and to take all to themselves. While they were busy at this, he called together their wives and children and made there a law that the wives would receive their monthly allowance in grain and their children the same wages that their fathers did.

2120. When the soldiers were returned home laden with wealth and riches, the king called them all together. He made a prepared speech to request them to accompany him cheerfully to the conquest of the Gangaridae. Caenus the son of Polemocrates replied in the name of the whole army and concluded that they all desired an end of the war. The Macedonians would not listen to Alexander's request. Ptolemy reports that he went on and offered sacrifices for the crossing of the river. When the entrails portended all direful things if he proceeded, he called together his friends and such as were the oldest and most intimate with him. He told them first and afterward declared to all the army that since all things seemed to be against his going any farther, he was now content and resolved to return home.

2146. The countries of the Oxydracans and Mallians lie between the place where the Hydaspes River joins the Acesines River and they both flow into the Indus River. (Arrian. in his India, p 171.) These were usually at war with each other but now united against their common enemy, Alexander. To further secure their alliance, they gave 10,000 virgins to each other to intermarry. They had 80,000 foot soldiers and 10,000 cavalry besides 700 chariots. Curtius says 900. Justin (l. 12. c. 9.) and Orosius (l. 3. c. 19.) call these people the Mandri or Ambri and Sabracans or Subagrans or Sugambrians. By all these names, the Malli and Oxydracans (who in Diodorus are incorrectly written Syracusions) in various editions go. They had 60,000 cavalry.

2147. The Macedonians thought they were past all danger and looked for an end of the fighting business. When they saw themselves engaged in a new war with more fierce and warlike countries than they had before in any part of India, they were terrified. They began again to murmur and rebel against Alexander. Alexander pacified them with a good speech and made all well again.

Alexander the Great gave up his crusades and died from an illness in Babylon, which is in present day Iraq.

This is the extent of my research into the possible fulfillment of the beasts in Dan. 7.

Last edited:

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was an interesting discussion of many of the historical implications of Daniel 7, but the issue that I find most interesting in Daniel 7 is how Jesus referenced that very chapter at His trial as recorded in Matt. 26:64-65 [Amp]:

64 Jesus said to him, “You have [in fact] said it; but more than that I tell you [regardless of what you do with Me now], in the future you will see [Me revealed as] the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65 Then the high priest tore his robes [in mock horror] and exclaimed, “He has blasphemed [by making Himself God’s equal]! What further need have we of witnesses or evidence? See, you have now heard the blasphemy.

In Daniel 7:9-10 & 13-14 we get a glimpse of what Jewish sages considered to be two hypostases of God/HaShem/Adonai/Yawheh,etc. Jesus declared His divinity at His trial by claiming to be the rider on the cloud in Daniel 7:13-14. The reaction of the high priest confirmed that he understood what Jesus was referring to in those verses and declared Him to be guilty of blasphemy.

Dan. 7:13-14

The Son of Man Presented​

13 “I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, on the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. 14 “And to Him (the Messiah) was given dominion (supreme authority), Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations, and speakers of every language Should serve and worship Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed.

IMO, this backs up His claim of divinity that he gave in John 10:30-36 [Amp]:

30 I and the Father are One [in essence and nature].” 31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works [and many acts of mercy] from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, “We are not going to stone You for a good work, but for blasphemy, because You, a mere man, make Yourself out to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods? 35 If He called them gods, men to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be undone or annulled or broken), 36 [if that is true] then do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and set apart for Himself and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

He was accused of blasphemy and they wanted to put Him to death. This stands out to me more than the historical content in Daniel 7, because I hear many people claim that Jesus never claimed to be Deity or God. IMO, Jesus was crucified because He made that very claim before the high priest.

Coupled at minimum with Isaiah 9:6; Psalms 2:6-8; and Proverbs 30:4-6, I believe that the case for the Jesus being a member of the Godhead is quite compelling. Sorry if I got off subject.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Daniel 7:9-10 & 13-14 we get a glimpse of what Jewish sages considered to be two hypostases of God/HaShem/Adonai/Yawheh,etc. Jesus declared His divinity at His trial by claiming to be the rider on the cloud in Daniel 7:13-14. The reaction of the high priest confirmed that he understood what Jesus was referring to in those verses and declared Him to be guilty of blasphemy.
Dan 7:9-10 pertains to Jesus disposing of the Antichrist, False Prophet and his armies at Armageddon. You can see that this is the case in verse 11, when it points out that the Antichrist and False Prophet are thrown alive into the Lake of Fire. The Antichrist and False Prophet are the only people thrown into the Lake of Fire. Rev. 19:19-21 confirms that Dan. 7:11 is talking about the Antichrist and the False Prophet when it states that they are thrown alive into the Lake of Fire.

Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies, assembled to make war against Him who sat upon the horse, and against His army. 20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat upon the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Dan 7:13 is referring to Jesus ruling from Jerusalem for a 1000 years, which follows the same sequence found in the Revelation. .

Dan. 7:9 “I kept looking

Until thrones were set up,

And the Ancient of Days took His seat;

His vesture was like white snow,

And the hair of His head like pure wool.

His throne was ablaze with flames,

Its wheels were a burning fire.

10 “A river of fire was flowing

And coming out from before Him;

Thousands upon thousands were attending Him,

And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him;

The court sat,

And the books were opened.

11 “Then I kept looking because of the sound of the boastful words which the horn was speaking; I kept looking until the beast was slain, and its body was destroyed and given to the burning fire. 12 “As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but an extension of life was granted to them for an appointed period of time.

Dan. 7:13 “I kept looking in the night visions,

And behold, with the clouds of heaven

One like a Son of Man was coming,

And He came up to the Ancient of Days

And was presented before Him.

14 “And to Him was given dominion,

Glory and a kingdom,

That all the peoples, nations, and men of every language

Might serve Him.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion

Which will not pass away;

And His kingdom is one