Homeless

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you respond to people who are homeless? Does it make a difference if they are female or children? What is the Christian response to homelessness?

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
How do you respond to people who are homeless? Does it make a difference if they are female or children? What is the Christian response to homelessness?

You enable them,you give them free room and board while they continue in the sin that put them where they are...and under no circumstances do require anything of them....they are the true children of god,not like those other people who work and produce....they are evil....only those born of the living God are homeless...they are too holy to work,this holiness prohibits them from working in an evil capitalist society

If they are homeless because they drink you provide them with everything they need to pursue a life of drunkeness without having to worry about food or a place to stay
If they are homeless because of drug abuse you provide them with clean needles and everything needed to pursue a life of drug addiction...it is what Jesus would do.

If it is a woman you apply all the principles of modern feminism...all women are victims of evil men,they are inherently pure and virtuous and should receive a larger check each time they are victimized by evil men who deposit their demon seed..the more children a woman has the more money she should receive...this is the best way to promote marriage and responsable parenting in any society.

If it is a child this is in fact the only innocence you will find and the best thing to do is feed and care for the child...but in keeping with spirit of this thread you allow the parents to use their child as a meal ticket....otherwise you take the child in and try to teach them about God and right and wrong.

The main thing to remember is that people who work are evil...people who don't work are holy...we must at all cost support these shining lights of holiness..they are the ones who are the true children of God.......there,is that good enough ?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You enable them,you give them free room and board while they continue in the sin that put them where they are...and under no circumstances do require anything of them....they are the true children of god,not like those other people who work and produce....they are evil....only those born of the living God are homeless...they are too holy to work,this holiness prohibits them from working in an evil capitalist society

Are you going to answer one of the questions?

If they are homeless because they drink you provide them with everything they need to pursue a life of drunkeness without having to worry about food or a place to stay

So all homeless people are alcoholics?

f they are homeless because of drug abuse you provide them with clean needles and everything needed to pursue a life of drug addiction...it is what Jesus would do.

So all homeless people are drug addicts?

If it is a woman you apply all the principles of modern feminism...all women are victims of evil men,they are inherently pure and virtuous and should receive a larger check each time they are victimized by evil men who deposit their demon seed..the more children a woman has the more money she should receive...this is the best way to promote marriage and responsable parenting in any society.

Ah...so women are so clever....they would rather be destitute and poverty stricken than work if it means that they receive 300 dollars a month per child?

If it is a child this is in fact the only innocence you will find and the best thing to do is feed and care for the child...but in keeping with spirit of this thread you allow the parents to use their child as a meal ticket....otherwise you take the child in and try to teach them about God and right and wrong.

If they only knew right from wrong.......lol - isn't that what Eve longed for in the Garden? Fact is, we were created to love....only God knows right from wrong.

The main thing to remember is that people who work are evil...people who don't work are holy...we must at all cost support these shining lights of holiness..they are the ones who are the true children of God.......there,is that good enough ?

All people are looking for redemption. Poor and rich. Your contempt of the poor - your drive for those who want to succeed on their own merit by earning the most money is counter to the gospel. You are the same type who complains about the worker who gets paid the same amount for working 5 minutes as the guy who works 12 hours! Full of human justice!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I will never forget the lesson I learned when I was at a Kenneth E. Hagin campmeeting in Tulsa, Oklahoma,1989. Some friends and I were walking to a nearby store when this older gentleman approached us for money to buy some food. He looked like he was beaten down by life and I right away reached in my pocketbook to give him some money, but as I was reaching for the money, I heard my girl friend offer to buy the gentleman something to eat at a nearby restaurant. I saw the wisdom in what my friend was doing and put my money back in my purse, and it was a good thing too because the gentleman declined the offer...my guess is he wanted a drink. When it comes to the homeless, I have to be led of the Lord because I still have the tendancy to give money, especially if it is a woman or child. What a great question.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012

I have expressed no contempt for the poor,like a typical liberal no dissent is allowed,all must share your opinions or else.

There are no "alcoholics" in the bible...there are drunkards and they will not enter the kingdom of God.....they can however be delivered from it by God...instantly
Thre are no "drug addicts" in the bible....they are in the same class as drunkards and they will not enter the kingdom of God....they can however be delivered from it by God....instantly
The comment about right and wrong is a stellar example of the amoral hedonism and humanism that is destroying the country and the amoral rot that has infected the Church...only God knows right from wrong and that is all up for debate,so in the meantime lets party and "love"

The love of God contains hope and that hope is in a relationship with God based on rightousness and holiness,the bible clearly describes the consequences for rejecting the laws and ways of God and we are destroying ourselves in an attempt to do away with them...the "poor" the bible speaks of are the widows and the orphans,the old and infirmed...people who through no fault of their own cannot care for themselves...in your contempt for the bible you say people should be able to live as they please and face no consequences.

The comments about people"who want to succeed on their own merit by earning the most money" reveals your contempt for both work and responsability....i have no"drive" for such people but yes i do respect people who work for what they want in life and earn it lawfully,you reserve your respect and admiration for those who do nothing and contribute nothing as an act of their free will.....the pay one gets for working 5 minutes vs 12 hours depends on the work one is doing and "justice" involves the choices people make,the man i work for decided 22 years ago to go into business...i did not,so yes he makes more in one minute than i do in a week...unlike you i am not full of envy and covetousness and excuses so it doesn't bother me...i am content to live with the consequences of the choices i have made...i will quote the bible you have so much contempt for....he that sows sparingly reaps sparingly.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If they are homeless because of drug abuse you provide them with clean needles and everything needed to pursue a life of drug addiction...it is what Jesus would do.

The questions are directed to you, Strat. I work with homeless kids everyday and nothing you have described happens.

I will never forget the lesson I learned when I was at a Kenneth E. Hagin campmeeting in Tulsa, Oklahoma,1989. Some friends and I were walking to a nearby store when this older gentleman approached us for money to buy some food. He looked like he was beaten down by life and I right away reached in my pocketbook to give him some money, but as I was reaching for the money, I heard my girl friend offer to buy the gentleman something to eat at a nearby restaurant. I saw the wisdom in what my friend was doing and put my money back in my purse, and it was a good thing too because the gentleman declined the offer...my guess is he wanted a drink. When it comes to the homeless, I have to be led of the Lord because I still have the tendancy to give money, especially if it is a woman or child. What a great question.

Ha! Yeah, I remember offering to buy a homeless guy a hamburger at McDonalds - he replied 'Are you kidding? That stuff will kill you!' I told him, not as fast as the drugs you want to buy ....

No doubt, homeless people are often addicted to drugs - I never give cash, only food.

One important thing to know about the homeless is that they are never starving - they know exactly where to get food.

I have expressed no contempt for the poor,like a typical liberal no dissent is allowed,all must share your opinions or else.

There are no "alcoholics" in the bible...there are drunkards and they will not enter the kingdom of God.....they can however be delivered from it by God...instantly
Thre are no "drug addicts" in the bible....they are in the same class as drunkards and they will not enter the kingdom of God....they can however be delivered from it by God....instantly
The comment about right and wrong is a stellar example of the amoral hedonism and humanism that is destroying the country and the amoral rot that has infected the Church...only God knows right from wrong and that is all up for debate,so in the meantime lets party and "love"

The love of God contains hope and that hope is in a relationship with God based on rightousness and holiness,the bible clearly describes the consequences for rejecting the laws and ways of God and we are destroying ourselves in an attempt to do away with them...the "poor" the bible speaks of are the widows and the orphans,the old and infirmed...people who through no fault of their own cannot care for themselves...in your contempt for the bible you say people should be able to live as they please and face no consequences.

The comments about people"who want to succeed on their own merit by earning the most money" reveals your contempt for both work and responsability....i have no"drive" for such people but yes i do respect people who work for what they want in life and earn it lawfully,you reserve your respect and admiration for those who do nothing and contribute nothing as an act of their free will.....the pay one gets for working 5 minutes vs 12 hours depends on the work one is doing and "justice" involves the choices people make,the man i work for decided 22 years ago to go into business...i did not,so yes he makes more in one minute than i do in a week...unlike you i am not full of envy and covetousness and excuses so it doesn't bother me...i am content to live with the consequences of the choices i have made...i will quote the bible you have so much contempt for....he that sows sparingly reaps sparingly.

Your posts sound angry. Have you ever experienced poverty or homelessness? Is it possible for you to see life through their eyes?

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
People are homeless for various reasons--some of them because of their own fault, and others being victims of circumstances. It's impossible to know by looking at them if they put themselves there due to drugs, alcohol, etc, or if they lost their job and home through no fault of their own and had nowhere else to go but the street.

I particularly feel sorry for children who have to live on the streets--except for the ones who ran away from home as a teen because they couldn't have everything their way. Of, course, again, I'm unable to know who is a victim and who put themselves there.

Even if I had any money I could spare, I would be leary of giving money to the homeless for fear I would be helping their drug habit or alcoholism. I would be apt to give them money if they have children with them, but how do we know those children are even their's and not some they "adopted" on the street to make others feel sorry for them? I apologize if I sound insensitive, but I and friends of mine have been taken before by a homeless person who pretended to be what he wasn't.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
The questions are directed to you, Strat. I work with homeless kids everyday and nothing you have described happens.

Ha! Yeah, I remember offering to buy a homeless guy a hamburger at McDonalds - he replied 'Are you kidding? That stuff will kill you!' I told him, not as fast as the drugs you want to buy ....

No doubt, homeless people are often addicted to drugs - I never give cash, only food.

One important thing to know about the homeless is that they are never starving - they know exactly where to get food.

Your posts sound angry. Have you ever experienced poverty or homelessness? Is it possible for you to see life through their eyes?

I have struggled my whole life,in the early years because of my sin and rebellion...i have been literally inches from the street twice,both times because of my own recklessness and sin choosing to spend what little money i had on what i thought were good times having none left to pay the bills....the life i lead now is peaceful and relatively prosperous because i chose to follow God and not my own sinful heart.....i'm not special but God is...anyone can do it with his help.

Roger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi,

I have been a Homeless Persons Preacher for more then 4 years. They call me HP, meaning "Homeless Persons Preacher."

The answer I would give is. "I love You." "Are you hungry,?" Are you thirsty?" I would give them food and water, clothes and the Word of God. Leading them to Christ if they wanted or if God led me to ask. This ministry is covered in Jesus teachings, Mat. 25:31-46 The story that precedes this one is that each of us have been given talents. We can't do everything but we can do whatsoever is given in our hands to share.

I agree in not giving them money. It is very seldom I would give money, but there was several times I was led to do so.

Hope that is helpful.

-Roger, servant to Jesus

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roger - bless you!!

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I have taken in many homeless people. It was not easy and I was often robbed when I was no longer able to help them. I don't feel bad about it though because I gave them a chance. So many people are only a job loss away from homelessness. Others are mentally ill and can not help themselves. It makes me realize how truly blessed I am. Every time I take a bath I thank God for it. I am so thankful for warmth in the winter and for food every day. I am so thankful for the government and churches and charities who help people and their children from becoming homeless. I am thankful for the private citizens who help out those who can not help themselves.

My heart also goes out to the drug addicts and alcoholics whose lives are so hopeless. Oh how they need to know that God loves them! It is a fact that often no human will love them. But our Jesus loves them!!!!

Reactions: aspen