Thank You....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has been discussion on this board about the homeless. How they're "all" addicts...or alcoholics...or mentally ill, and the like.

Having been homeless before, and begged on the streets, I just want to say THANK YOU to all who have helped me.

I'm not an addict. Or an alcoholic....gambler...or mentally ill. But I WAS destitute...

THANK YOU to the man to drove up to me in a tow truck...and gave me 2 20's. I shared one of those 20's with another homeless man...
THANK YOU to the woman who shoved a brand new neon green backpack out her car window....chock full of a Christmas 'throw', hygeine products and a few 'snacks'...(I still use the 'throw'...and bless you every time I do...)

THANK YOU to all the people who gave ONE dollar...and said, "I wish I could give more..." Believe me, you gave ENOUGH....

THANK YOU to the man who gave me $100 outside of a church. Your blessing fed me for two weeks...

THANK YOU to the woman who laughed while handing over a 50 dollar bill....your kindness also fed me for a week...

And THANK YOU LORD, for allowing me to have that glorious day....The day where I was able to collect money from strangers, and help OTHER strangers! THANK YOU for letting me give that 2 bucks to the guy who just got out of jail, and needed a bus pass....THANK YOU for letting me have enough money to give the guy in the wheelchair 6 bucks so he could get a pizza and a soda from 7-11...

To all of those who have given to the guy...or gal...on the streets, a word of THANKS to you ALL!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has been discussion on this board about the homeless. How they're "all" addicts...or alcoholics...or mentally ill, and the like.

Having been homeless before, and begged on the streets, I just want to say THANK YOU to all who have helped me.

I'm not an addict. Or an alcoholic....gambler...or mentally ill. But I WAS destitute...

THANK YOU to the man to drove up to me in a tow truck...and gave me 2 20's. I shared one of those 20's with another homeless man...
THANK YOU to the woman who shoved a brand new neon green backpack out her car window....chock full of a Christmas 'throw', hygeine products and a few 'snacks'...(I still use the 'throw'...and bless you every time I do...)

THANK YOU to all the people who gave ONE dollar...and said, "I wish I could give more..." Believe me, you gave ENOUGH....

THANK YOU to the man who gave me $100 outside of a church. Your blessing fed me for two weeks...

THANK YOU to the woman who laughed while handing over a 50 dollar bill....your kindness also fed me for a week...

And THANK YOU LORD, for allowing me to have that glorious day....The day where I was able to collect money from strangers, and help OTHER strangers! THANK YOU for letting me give that 2 bucks to the guy who just got out of jail, and needed a bus pass....THANK YOU for letting me have enough money to give the guy in the wheelchair 6 bucks so he could get a pizza and a soda from 7-11...

To all of those who have given to the guy...or gal...on the streets, a word of THANKS to you ALL!
I've been homeless too. I was mentally ill and kicked out by family. They eventually had mercy on me and helped. But for a while it was terrible. It was in the pacific northwest during one summer and one winter. And the winter was freezing. I really felt God with me then like he was close and wanted me to know he was with me. He even warmed my hands one time when it was freezing.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been homeless too. I was mentally ill and kicked out by family. They eventually had mercy on me and helped. But for a while it was terrible. It was in the pacific northwest during one summer and one winter. And the winter was freezing. I really felt God with me then like he was close and wanted me to know he was with me. He even warmed my hands one time when it was freezing.
YUP. BTDT. Not the mentally ill part, but knowing that God was with you. Close.

He may not always give what's wanted...but he DOES give what's needed...