Homosexuality: Is it the way a person is born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are homosexuals born that way?

• Total voters

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So are we as Christians supposed to turn a blind eye and celebrate with the rest of the world because marriage equality is being legalized? No, why would we want to celebrate sin?
I didnt know we where.??

A christian is supposed to pray a lot. And right now as we run into the end at a great rate of knots, there should be lots of prayer. Now if you can identify a homosexual who chooses that life style and a man or woman with all te hwrong parts and hormoanes, go right ahead I couldnt If i tried. No we have no right to call any man sinner for we ourselves are sinners and no better, and if you think you are, just ask Jesus what He thinks, just stand before Him for one moment and you will suddenly discover you are no better than any other man compared to Christ. As I said before, christianity has driven so many away from God because of lack of understanding, and woe to any man who has done such a thing. No we dont show them a loving God, we show them a sadistic, spiteful, hateful God, strike Fear into them and hope they will listen, I wouldnt if I didnt know God as I do. Would you??

I dont carry stones in my hands to throw at anyone, even though at times I wish I did.

In all His Love

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have already discovered i am no better and im trying to fix that up too, no ones perfect, I'm trying to actually come closer to God, through prayer and through reading the bible. I have made my view on this clear, so i think it's time for me to stop the argument, as it's a waste of time. I disagree with a lot of the world, but what can we do? We can tell the world about God, and the rest is up to him and that person to change. God is not hateful, neither does he want us to go to Hell, he wants what's best for us, the Devil is the one who wants us to go to Hell.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Okay....

Let's consider the woman taken in adultery. We all know the story...I'm going to put a bit of a twist in it.
Suppose for a moment, that it was not a woman...but a young man, taken in the act of sodomy. Hush, now...and listen.

The Pharisees are bound and determined to find something to accuse Jesus, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. They have seized this young man, to drag him before the magistrate...he will be stoned this very afternoon!
But then they decide...Let's take him to Jesus! He will have to stand down and let us stone him! And that will put an end to his ridiculous "forgiving of sins"...as if He thought He was really the Son of God, with the authority to do such things!

So they took the young man, covered only in a bit of the sheet he had managed to grab as they laid hold on him, and dragged him to the place where Jesus stood with His disciples. By the time they reach Jesus, they have drawn a crowd...most of them scooping up stones from the road as they went...
Throwing him at Jesus feet, the leader snarls, "This man was taken in the very act of sodomy. Moses says that such filth as this should be stoned! What do you say, Jesus?"
Ignoring the young man crouching at His feet, Jesus goes down on one knee, and begins to write in the dirt.
The crowd is growing restless...this is a very dangerous situation!
A few tense minutes pass...but Jesus says nothing.
Finally, the leader of the group can stand it no longer. "We await Your judgement....Lord." He's going to have to wash his mouth out with soap later, he thinks...but it is worth it if he can get Jesus to deny the law of Moses and publicly forgive the sin of sodomy. Perhaps we'll see two stonings this afternoon!
Jesus stands up, and faces him. They stand, eye to eye for a moment. Just as he thought he must scream, Jesus sweeps the rest of the crowd, His eyes resting for a moment on each face.
Turning back to the leader, He says, in His quiet but compelling voice, "You have judged rightly. Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at him."
The young man at his feet shivers. He can already feel the stones pelting his all-but-naked flesh. His terror surrounds him like a fog. One can feel it, almost as if it were a living thing.
Once again, Jesus stoops down and writes in the dirt.
The young man jumps at the sound, as the first stone hits the ground, but he is unhurt. More stones hit the ground, raising dust...but none of them are hitting him. Still, he can't keep himself from flinching, as hot tears sting his eyes...
After awhile, the sound stops and the dust settles. Jesus reaches down and raises him to his feet.
"Where are your accusers?" He asks, as the young man, with unbelieving eyes, searches for them. "Has no man condemned you?" Jesus continues.
"N--no man, Lord," he finally manages to croak out. He looked at Jesus. "No man condemns me."
Jesus smiles. "Neither do I condemn you," He says, taking the robe one of His disciples hands Him and placing it around the young man's shoulders. "Go your way, and sin no more."

And this must be our message to the gay community.
"Go, and sin no more."

Reactions: tommie

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And this must be our message to the gay community.
"Go, and sin no more."
That stand for all men,

go and sin no more, its not just a homosexual thing. It like christians have said, all have sin is worthy of death and the homsexual. Its all one thing not seperate. their sin is no worse than any other.

An please notice, Jesus who had every right to stone the man, or women as in the bible story chose not to, neither did He call the person a "sinner", which He had every right to, he chose love.

Now again can you tell me which ones are the way they are because they choose to be and which are the way they are because of corruption??

Only God knows.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
That stand for all men,

go and sin no more, its not just a homosexual thing. It like christians have said, all have sin is worthy of death and the homsexual. Its all one thing not seperate. their sin is no worse than any other.

An please notice, Jesus who had every right to stone the man, or women as in the bible story chose not to, neither did He call the person a "sinner", which He had every right to, he chose love.

Now again can you tell me which ones are the way they are because they choose to be and which are the way they are because of corruption??

Only God knows.
Yes...we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
We must all repent, and turn from our sin if we wish to please God.
We cannot just dig our heels in and say "I was born this way" as if that makes whatever sin you are involved in okay.

Which is exactly what the gay community is trying to do.

Now, I have sin in my life, too...but I do not indulge it. I fight it in myself, and when I slip...as I have been known to do every once in awhile...I get down on my knees and I repent...and I beg God once again for the strength I need to be the woman He would have me to be.

Yes, Jesus had every right to stone the person in the story...but He didn't. He didn't tell them that it was okay to continue in their sin, either, which is the point. He told them to go, and sin no more...lest a worse thing should happen to them.

What could be worse than being stoned to death?

Well, I'll leave you to think that one over.

Meantime, those who are calling out that homosexuality is a sin...well, perhaps they might want to examine their own lives, to see whether they are harboring some sin...but the truth is, they are quite right. You may not like hearing it, but it is the truth, for all that.

If you had a friend who was, say, a kleptomaniac...someone who shoplifts, for instance...do you encourage him in this? I hope not! Surely, you would not want to take him shopping with you!
Or suppose your friend were an adulteress? Would you be comfortable introducing her to other friends who might be married?

Would you bother to warn either of these friends of the impending doom they are facing, or would you quietly let them go to hell by your silence? If you would let them go to hell, you are a worse sinner than they are, and you deserve a place in the fire right beside them.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
In the beginning God created man and women, male and female, for procreation, "go forth and fill the earth"...that is God.s master plan...Lev 18 and 20 Homosexuality is an abomination to God,and worthy of the death penalty...back in Genesis, He destroyed the city of Sodom and inhabitants because of homosexuality, and the name sodomy was derived from Sodom to describe the filthy, perverted practice of anal intercourse...seems God is rather strong on on condemning this sexual practice...
Born homosexual? Nope...all babies are a gift from our Creator God, and He does not produce perverts...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope...all babies are a gift from our Creator God, and He does not produce perverts..
Tell that one to a mother whos child is condemend to a life in hospital because of some deformity. Its easy when you are perfect its hard when you are not. Sometimes I wish God would put christians into their shoes for a moment. Far easier to condemn than excepct that some may be born that way. How far this world had fallen and we havnt even seeing the worst of it yet.

In all His love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
Tell that one to a mother whos child is condemend to a life in hospital because of some deformity. Its easy when you are perfect its hard when you are not. Sometimes I wish God would put christians into their shoes for a moment. Far easier to condemn than excepct that some may be born that way. How far this world had fallen and we havnt even seeing the worst of it yet.

In all His love
Well, MJ, since none of us is perfect, i guess it is hard for all of us.
If it were easy, we would not need a Savior, would we?

The point you keep missing is that each one of us was born into sin.
Yes, we live in a fallen world.
But that is the whole point.

Surely you know the story of Adam and Eve. Now, whether you think it is a blow-by-blow description of how sin entered the world, as some do, or, as some others do, perhaps you think it is allegory...something like a parable being told to make a point.
In either case, the first people God created disobeyed Him...and sin entered the world, along with it's nasty companion, death.
From that point on, every child born was born into sin.
Every single mother's child of us has some sin in his or her life.

Now, Christians know that, if we continue in our sin...that is, if we do not repent, and, with God's help, turn from our sin, we will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. God cannot have sin in His Paradise...it wouldn't be Paradise any longer if He did that, would it? I mean, if He let homosexuals in with their sin, He must also let child abusers, rapists, adulterers...not to mention people who abuse their aging parents, or thieves, or liars...even murderers. If God is just, He cannot favor just one class of sinners above all others, can He?
You cannot just walk up into God's lovely Mansion, put your feet up on His golden coffee table, and announce "Well, God, I'm here...I'm afraid You'll just have to accept me as I am, because I have no intention of trying to change. I was born this way."
Frankly, you won't ever get past the Gate with that attitude.

Sure, it's hard. Don't you think it is hard for other sinners to turn from their sin, as well? But it is not impossible.
I guess it just depends on what is more important to you...
Pleasing God?
Or
Pleasing your own sinful flesh.

Your choice....

Reactions: tommie and Josho

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read a few posts here on this page and really appreciate the caring thoughts that abound here, for the most part.

In my opinion, I think that it really does not matter if a person was born gay or not. God's word stands and He says that homosexual relations are wrong. If a person considers himself or herself gay, then this is their cross they have to bare... We all have certain crosses to bare and this is just one. If one turns to God for purpose and for grace, and turns from this particular sin, God will be with that person to guide and strengthen him/her through the journey. Trust God for He is very good! His ways are higher than our ways. He loves us with an everlasting love and He will work all things out for good. It is tough to turn from any sin. We all have an area(s) we struggle in and God is standing right by our sides to help us avoid temptation and sin. God loves us all and wants the best for us and for every person. He is the potter and we are the clay, He will work out His will in us.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tommie said:
I read a few posts here on this page and really appreciate the caring thoughts that abound here, for the most part.

In my opinion, I think that it really does not matter if a person was born gay or not. God's word stands and He says that homosexual relations are wrong. If a person considers himself or herself gay, then this is their cross they have to bare... We all have certain crosses to bare and this is just one. If one turns to God for purpose and for grace, and turns from this particular sin, God will be with that person to guide and strengthen him/her through the journey. Trust God for He is very good! His ways are higher than our ways. He loves us with an everlasting love and He will work all things out for good. It is tough to turn from any sin. We all have an area(s) we struggle in and God is standing right by our sides to help us avoid temptation and sin. God loves us all and wants the best for us and for every person. He is the potter and we are the clay, He will work out His will in us.
Nice post,,

now explain to me, if being blue was a sin and you where born blue does that make you a sinner, would you be able to change your colour?? or are you just unfortunate that you where born that way. Lets just let God be the judge.

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

In all His Love

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you're upset. So Sorry!

To explain how I understand things.....When Adam and Eve unlawfully ate of the fruit in the garden, sin came into the world. Sin, sickness....was now upon humanity. This is why some people are born with deformities, some people get autoimmune diseases, why some people get angry to the point of murder, and some people have thought processes that may not be correct...My mom happened to get MS at 27 years old which was really tough. Humanity is under a curse now. God didn't want or intend this to happen but it did through Adam and Eve's actions.....Now we are all born with a sin nature. So you can kind of say that we are all born "blue", but we are ALL still loved by God. We know that God love us so much that while we were sinning, He sent Jesus to die on a cross so that by the shedding of His blood, we would not have to take the eternal punishment of our actions due to our sinful nature By accepting this free grace, in Him we are forgiven and saved. Praise God!!! God loves you, me, people in prison for doing awful things, drug addicts, teachers, stay at home moms or dads.....always. He loves everyone of us. He does not always love what we do. He gives us the perameters of how we need to act and we decide whether to follow them. If we choose to follow Him, we get to be with Him forever. If we choose not to follow them and be our own God, then we choose not to be a follower of Him and we choose not to be with Him forever. ...

To the judging part: This is how I think I understand scripture regarding this issue taking the entire bible in context... We are called never to judge non christians or people who have not made the God of the Bible the Lord of their lives, because they are judged by God already. We are called only to love them and to lead them to a saving faith through a friendly dialog, IN LOVE, if the person is willing to do this.

We ARE called to judge our Christian brothers and sisters so that we can, in love, help them overcome problems in action or of thought....

By our fruits, one will know if we are Christian or not. After that, one will know what to do from there.

In Him,

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
Nice post,,

now explain to me, if being blue was a sin and you where born blue does that make you a sinner, would you be able to change your colour?? or are you just unfortunate that you where born that way. Lets just let God be the judge.

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

In all His Love
Born blue? That's just silly.

The fact is that every one is born into sin. Every ever-loving mother's child of us.
Are you a kleptomaniac? You were BORN THAT WAY.
Are you a pathological liar? You were BORN THAT WAY.
There are even tales about murderers who, even as children, loved to torture, or even kill, small animals.

And that's the point, you see. We are ALL "born that way".

That is why Jesus came and died on the cross. Because we are all sinners.
Nobody gets to use "I was born that way" as an excuse for their sin.
Not the kleptomaniac.
Not the pathological liar.
Not the murderer.

And no...not the homosexual.

If you want to join the happy crew celebrating in God's mansion in eternity, you must turn from your sin, whatever it is.
Sure, it's hard. It's hard for EVERY sinner...
I guess it just depends on whether or not you think it's worth it.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
If it were possible to be "born blue" and if God had declared blueness as a sin, then He would have also provided a way for you to repent of being blue and to turn from it to a lovely rose red or honeysuckle white, or even a pretty pink, all of which would be legal colors.
Just as long as you don't go purple....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then He would have also provided a way for you to repent of being blue
Ineresting, you are born blue, but its all your fault so you must repent of being born blue. ?? But then God could make a way out, He could turn the person green or He could just make being blue a sin no longer. There is nothing the person could do. Its nice being born perfect isnt it, life is just so simple.

In all His Love

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont understand your statement, It is nice being born perfect statement. Could you explain again please.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Does that ansewr the question.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mjrhealth said:
Ineresting, you are born blue, but its all your fault so you must repent of being born blue. ?? But then God could make a way out, He could turn the person green or He could just make being blue a sin no longer. There is nothing the person could do. Its nice being born perfect isnt it, life is just so simple.

In all His Love
So what do you believe? do you believe Jesus can change the Bible, and make homosexuality no longer a sin? I believe Jesus never changes

Hebrew 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what do you believe? do you believe Jesus can change the Bible, and make homosexuality no longer a sin? I believe Jesus never changes
I assume that you believe it is ones fault that they are born the way they are???

Hebrew 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
And how many version of the bible do we have????

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mjrhealth said:
I assume that you believe it is ones fault that they are born the way they are???

And how many version of the bible do we have????
How does a baby know the difference between gay and straight, how does a baby even know what lying or stealing is? it does not know until it's taught.

And what version of the bible do you prefer to use? Are you a King James only person? or do you use the Greek bible? i will be more than happy to quote out verses from the version you prefer.

This is from the KJV and i will also quote the same verse from a Greek bible, maybe you might wanna see it in Greek

Hebrews 13:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

ΠΡΟΣ ΕΒΡΑΙΟΥΣ 13:81550 Stephanus New Testament (TR1550)
8 ιησους χριστος χθες και σημερον ο αυτος και εις τους αιωνας

Since i do not know Greek i will use google translate, here's googles translation of the Greek bible same verse.
"8 Jesus Christ yesterday and today he and forever"

Take your pick which 1 do you prefer?

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am absolutely not perfect and I deserve Hell!! I do. I do I do. God sent the Holy Spirit to whisper to me and you the truth. I listened and obeyed and because of God's mercy and grace I am saved. I am saved in spite of my sins and not because I am perfect. Jesus did not get mad at many people but he really got mad at the Pharisees. I am sorry you feel I am one. That is the last thing I would want to be called. God loves you and He also loves me right now. Nothing you can do can change that. I feel how you act should line up with what God says is right. I love Him enough to agree with Him. If I don't agree with Him, I am wrong. I won't be disobedient and rebellious because I love Him so much for saving me and loving me enough to send Jesus to die for my sins. I don't deserve it at all but I am so thankful for it!!