How close is the Seven Year Tribulation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How close are we to the seven year tribulation?

• Total voters

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
The 'Tribulation' has not started yet. When it does, God's people won't have to be discussing IF it has started. They will know when the Devil gets here.

Rev 12:12 ESV

Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

You won't have to wonder.

You are refering to the "666," but the "594" comes first, and most people will not even know the 594 is here. It's the message of the 1260.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't disagree, but a Scriptural perspective is better than speculation. Do you have a Scripturally based timeline perspective?

BibleScribe

There is no longer any such thing as "scriptural perspective". It is a joke.

Entries here prove beyond doubt that posts use lines of scripture to flagellate others in promotion of their own "interpretation". There is so little quotation of external sources or experts that the whole process is pathetic. Unsubstantiated opinion reigns here. Opinion with accompanying scripture quotes is not truth! Quoting scripture means nothing. NOTHING. Even Satan quotes scripture. Does that mean that spirit's purpose is godly and altruistic? I think not. Just like Satan, there is a lot of 'opinion' driving these remarks and as a consequence many are led astray by their own foolishness.

The big problem with all this tossing about of scripture is that its like a child's dice game.
If the dice don't come up the way we want, we just throw them again until they do.

One day soon (and few doubt that day is far away), an evil man will come along seize the dice and declare the game now belongs to him.

Claiming that one will not be around when it happens is as unrealistic as it is cowardly.

"God hates a coward."
-Sean Connery
THE UNTOUCHABLES

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dismas (formerly Aspen),

I thought it obvious to most associated with this discussion were familiar with the verse as cited and the subsequent verse, now provided:

Daniel 9:25 (ESV)
[sup]25[/sup] Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. [sup]
[/sup]Daniel 9:26 (ESV)
[sup]26[/sup]And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. ...

Thus the first anointed one after the seven, and a second anointed one after the sixty-two, -- which sums to TWO anointed ones.

As I also explained to "Popeye", I think you missed the issuance of the WORD from GOD to establish and rebuild Jerusalem. -- It's kinda like starting a fire where you need fuel, air, and ignition, but I would observe that you do not possess those three, or even two, or even one. You may need to consult with a professional.

I certainly do not fault someone for having an hypothesis, but GOS's Word must be foundational to any premise and solution.

Dismas, GOD is aware of what we need to understand HIS World. Just as we need three resources to make fire, so too GOD provides each of those Prophetic resources to make an interpretation. The only difference is where GOD says to wait until the end time to attempt such an effort (i.e., swim to dry land), most attempt this from where they are (i.e., still in the water). So now that we have traversed world history (i.e., are on dry land, -- as of ~1948) all that's necessary re the Prophetic resources, and a simple understanding of world history.

It's really quite simple once you know GOD's resources.

BibleScribe

I am not Aspen. But thanks for the warm welcome.

Please stop being obtuse and just say your opinion and be done with it. Are you really trying to reach the truth or not? Don't play games with the truth.

As I also explained to "Popeye", I think you missed the issuance of the WORD from GOD to establish and rebuild Jerusalem. -- It's kinda like starting a fire where you need fuel, air, and ignition, but I would observe that you do not possess those three, or even two, or even one. You may need to consult with a professional.

What are you talking about? "The word from God", the verse says what it says. The verse refers to the coming of Christ, right, got that.

</h1>
<h1>Daniel 9:25
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

I definitely could be wrong here, but it seems to me that a lot of eschatologists just assume that prophecy just magically happens of its own accord - which I'm sure some of it does, but IMO, the large majority of it is intentionally recreated. The world is ruled by dark powers, in other words, Satanists - Satanists that KNOWINGLY use prophecies as MAGIC. I think it would be safe to say that the Satanic elites know the Bible better than you even think you do.

Let me bore you with examples:

Locusts from Trumpet 5,
http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1S0lutE9i

Micro-machines are go: The U.S. military drones that are so small they even look like insects

About the 3rd Temple,
http://www.wired.com...4/holyland.html
[font="verdana][size="2"]All sides acknowledge that tensions on the hill have the potential to start a war, but Hayutman believes he has found a way to resolve the intractable conflict. "What most people see is that if the Muslims are here, surely there is no temple," Hayutman says. "They do not understand that technology has given us the tools to realize the prophecy right now."[/size][/font]

[font="verdana][size="2"]He has two big ideas, two ways to engineer the apocalypse. The first: a hovering holographic temple. Hayutman wants to set up an array of high-powered, water-cooled lasers and fire them into a transparent cube suspended beneath a blimp. The ephemeral, flickering image, he says, would fulfill an ancient, widely revered Jewish prophecy that the temple will descend from the heavens as a manifestation of light.[/size][/font]

http://www.telegraph...itors-book.html

Barack Obama signs wrong date in abbey visitor's book

Barack Obama made a gaffe during his state visit yesterday — signing Westminster Abbey’s visitors’ book with the incorrect year.

This is a reference to Daniel 7:25 - And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

And the most obvious clue to Obama being a ritual false Christ (false Prophet) is the Norway Spiral event.

December 9, 2009 was the Norway Spiral made by EISCAT (similar to US HAARP, High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/ ). http://www.universet...ky-over-norway/

This was immediately right before Obama was in Norway to pick up his Nobel Peace Prize. This event was a ritual to make Obama into a false Christ, the 1st seal of Revelations (wise men followed the star with gifts of gold to give to the prince of Peace). And before you scoff at this notion, thinking that the spiral was just “a missile gone astray” as the media presented it, please understand that scientists know how to create man-made aurora effects. In fact, the current NASA director, Charles Bolden Jr., commanded the crew of the Space Shuttle mission that created the first artificial auroral discharge. http://en.wikipedia...._F._Bolden,_Jr.

I could go on and on about it. Just use scripture and your own God given common sense to see that things are unravelling quickly. Again, Satanists use scripture as MAGIC to produce the antichrist via fulfillment of the prophecies. So, there will be multiple "fulfillments" just to cover their bases (because the scriptures can be unclear).

Let's go back to your assertion that there is a full stop and not a comma here: "to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks". The 7 weeks/ 49 years left us with 6-11-09 through 6-11-16. Since the antichrist is Prince William, here is his "confirming the covenant with the many": http://www.dailymail...der-Garter.html

</h1>
<h1>Prince William dons ceremonial robes as he renews oath of allegiance to Order of the Garter
By Rebecca English

Last updated at 6:37 PM on 15th June 2009

But let's look at the scripture before that:

24 * Seventy cweeks are determined upon thy people and upon dthy holy city, * to finish ethe transgression, and * fto make an end of sins, and gto make reconciliation for iniquity, and to hbring in everlasting righteousness, and ito seal up the vision and * prophecy, and kto anoint lthe most Holy.

From this context, the "weeks"/ "shabuwa"/ "feast of weeks" holiday means 70 years. The (public) commandment to restore Israel, November 27, 1947 plus 70 (a Biblical generation/ "this generation will not pass away before all these things come true") takes us to November 2017. Which just so happens to be right around the time that Prince Charles thinks that the world will end. (8+ 2009 July)

http://www.independe...es-1738049.html

</h1>
<h1>Just 96 months to save world, says Prince Charles
The price of capitalism and consumerism is just too high, he tells industrialists

By Robert Verkaik

Thursday, 9 July 2009

The anointed one comes after 7 + 60+ 2 years/ feasts of weeks, ie 69 + Nov. 1047 equals Nov. 2016.

November 2009 is when the EU president Van Rompuy stated 2009 was the first year of global governance (Babylon).

So, either way, we end up with June 2009 through June 2016 or November 2009 through November 2016.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I am not Aspen. But thanks for the warm welcome.

Sorry, -- it appeared that "Aspen" changed his name. But WELCOME to you Dismas.

Please stop being obtuse and just say your opinion and be done with it. Are you really trying to reach the truth or not? Don't play games with the truth.

The following responses should clear up any ambiguity, or possibly muddle it some more ...

What are you talking about? "The word from God", the verse says what it says. The verse refers to the coming of Christ, right, got that.

To thoughts:

#1. If you have a dictate from Scripture for the Jews to restore Jerusalem, please share it. It is from a man, please disregard it.

#2. Your premise is unfounded.

Let's go back to your assertion that there is a full stop and not a comma here: "to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks". The 7 weeks/ 49 years left us with 6-11-09 through 6-11-16. ...

But let's look at the scripture before that:

24 * Seventy cweeks are determined upon thy people and upon dthy holy city, * to finish ethe transgression, and * fto make an end of sins, and gto make reconciliation for iniquity, and to hbring in everlasting righteousness, and ito seal up the vision and * prophecy, and kto anoint lthe most Holy.

From this context, the "weeks"/ "shabuwa"/ "feast of weeks" holiday means 70 years. ...

The durations are NOT the concise Feminine gender text, they are the inconcise Masculine gender text. Thus what you ascribe as Feminine is incorrect (i.e., "49 years").

The anointed one comes after 7 + 60+ 2 years ...

There is an anointed one after the seven, and a second anointed one after the sixty-two. The ESV and a few other TRANSLATIONS have it correct, in contrast to your commentary versions which have done "violence" to Scripture.

I would propose that the Scholars have identified the aspects which contribute to the CORRECT interpretation, as identified in Post #139.

BibleScribe

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All,

I'm not sure why so many take what Montgomery has assigned as the "Dismal Swamp" of Old Testament Prophecy, and build their Tribulation doctrines upon it. Doesn't Revelation 13:5 specify 42 months in no uncertain terms? Is the obvious too apparent? Do some seek to simply confuse others? Are religious doctrines more significant if no one can understand how or why one arrives to nonsensical conclusions?

I would argue that GOD has no such agendas. HIS Word is Perfect in clarity, Perfect in context, and Perfect in fulfillment. Is this too difficult a concept?

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Matt 24:21-23
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
(KJV)

Dan 12:1
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
(KJV)

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
I was just curious to know what people thought as to how close we were to the seven year tribulation? I just wanted to say, I didn't really want to turn this thread into a does a seven year tribulation exist vs does not exist thread. If you don't believe in it, great, vote you don't believe in it and move on, or start another thread on why you don't believe in it.

Joshua David

My answer is when the last Christian has been saved which is a number only God knows. Then it goes over to the last seven years prophesied to the Jews (the last seven years given by Daniel). I'm guessing this won't be a time for the Christian Church.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I was just curious to know what people thought as to how close we were to the seven year tribulation? I just wanted to say, I didn't really want to turn this thread into a does a seven year tribulation exist vs does not exist thread. If you don't believe in it, great, vote you don't believe in it and move on, or start another thread on why you don't believe in it.

Joshua David

I have no problem with explaining exactly how Scripture provides the concise year that Jesus will return, -- and thereby extrapolating backward the 42 months. I do have a problem perpetuating the error that the Tribulation lasts seven years when Scripture says it only lasts 42 months (Ref. Rev. 13:5).

Did you want that explanation?

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The signs of today suggest we are in the 5th Trumpet already. God has been sealing those of His to be prepared to be delivered up to give a Testimony for Christ against the world beast kingdom and beast Antichrist. The orthodox Jews in Jerusalem already have the materials ready to build another temple in Jerusalem. They have formed up the old Sanhedrin again, and have acquired Levite priests and the articles for temple sacrifices and worship. That temple is required to fulfill the 2 Thess.2:3-4, Rev.11:1-2, and Daniel 11 Scripture for the very end of this world prior to Christ's coming. The 6th Trumpet is when the Antichrist will appear, and the 7th Trumpet is when Jesus will appear to defeat him. We are very... close to the end of this world.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Doesn't Revelation 13:5 specify 42 months in no uncertain terms? Is the obvious too apparent? Do some seek to simply confuse others? Are religious doctrines more significant if no one can understand how or why one arrives to nonsensical conclusions?

Oddly, Muslim prophecies of their 'messiah', Mohammad al-Mahdi by name, concur with the Holy Bible in that the Mahdi will assume power for approximately three years. Muslim prophecy also mentions a 7 year period of trouble.
The Bible says that around half way through the seven year plague of the A/C the person will be revealed.

But revealed to whom?

The elect will already have a good idea what he's up to, we're already quite busy defining his role and goals.

Why should this 'revealing' be a shock to anyone?

I submit that the big shock will be to his own supporters, the Muslims. For it is written in the Qur'an as well as the Hadith literature that no man may be worshipped as God/Allah. Period. Even the prophet Muhammad is not to be worshipped and as we all know our Muslim cousins have a BIG problem with the divinity of Jesus. So here we've got the big A/C sitting on his throne with millions of supporters - suddenly claiming to be God.

Not a shock to Christians and Jews....mostly. Not even a shock to a lot of worldly people I'd bet.

Do you think it would be a big surprise to Muslims, if indeed this AC person turned out to be al-Mahdi? The possibilities of this interpretation and the path of current events make this projection of history more than likely. It is a frightening possibility because it fits Biblical predictions right down to the dot at the end of the sentence.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Oddly, Muslim prophecies of their 'messiah', Mohammad al-Mahdi by name, concur with the Holy Bible in that the Mahdi will assume power for approximately three years. Muslim prophecy also mentions a 7 year period of trouble.
The Bible says that around half way through the seven year plague of the A/C the person will be revealed.

But revealed to whom?

The elect will already have a good idea what he's up to, we're already quite busy defining his role and goals.

Why should this 'revealing' be a shock to anyone?

I submit that the big shock will be to his own supporters, the Muslims. For it is written in the Qur'an as well as the Hadith literature that no man may be worshipped as God/Allah. Period. Even the prophet Muhammad is not to be worshipped and as we all know our Muslim cousins have a BIG problem with the divinity of Jesus. So here we've got the big A/C sitting on his throne with millions of supporters - suddenly claiming to be God.

Not a shock to Christians and Jews....mostly. Not even a shock to a lot of worldly people I'd bet.

Do you think it would be a big surprise to Muslims, if indeed this AC person turned out to be al-Mahdi? The possibilities of this interpretation and the path of current events make this projection of history more than likely. It is a frightening possibility because it fits Biblical predictions right down to the dot at the end of the sentence.

Paul showed in 2 Thess.2:3-4 the Antichrist will exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped. That means the A/C won't just be the Islamic Mahdi. It shows ALL the deceived, regardless of the religion, will worship him in place of God. It must have something to do with the kind of miracles the Antichrist is going to work on earth.

I don't know how much more time the religious leaders of the various major religions will need to form a one-world religion to include all religions, I think that must happen somewhat first. Or it could be, the Antichrist's appearance and miracle working might speed that up. We who remain faithful to Christ Jesus, waiting for His coming, are not going to join with other religions of the world. We're not going to sacrifice Christ Jesus as The Only Saviour to man in favor of one-world religious idealism. Because we won't, we're not going to 'fit in' when false messiah shows up with the majority of the world bowing to him as God. We're gonna' kind of... stand out like a sore thumb, when that happens.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Paul showed in 2 Thess.2:3-4 the Antichrist will exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped. That means the A/C won't just be the Islamic Mahdi. ..

Hi Veteran,

I would observe that many non-believers exalt themselves above GOD. Does this make them Islamic? Is satan Islamic, -- for he exalted himself above GOD?!?

Certainly I find NOTHING Islamic regarding the a/c or his one-world-government platform.

BibleScribe

To All,

Please be aware that many fall into a "bogeyman" mindset. Whether it's race, gender, political party, or whatever, all things unsavory are attributed to that category. -- Lost your job? It's the fault of ___________.

The real question is what does Scripture present? Is there an end-time "divided" empire, and if so, then who are those nations? Are they superpowers, are they an consortium of Arab nations, or are they something else?

Scripture and History are clear as to these identities, but the church is less so.

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Veteran,

I would observe that many non-believers exalt themselves above GOD. Does this make them Islamic? Is satan Islamic, -- for he exalted himself above GOD?!?

Certainly I find NOTHING Islamic regarding the a/c or his one-world-government platform.

BibleScribe

To All,

Please be aware that many fall into a "bogeyman" mindset. Whether it's race, gender, political party, or whatever, all things unsavory are attributed to that category. -- Lost your job? It's the fault of ___________.

The real question is what does Scripture present? Is there an end-time "divided" empire, and if so, then who are those nations? Are they superpowers, are they an consortium of Arab nations, or are they something else?

Scripture and History are clear as to these identities, but the church is less so.

BibleScribe

True, the "one world government" concept is one from internationalist-socialists, not from Islam. But Islam is being used to help bring it. Georgetown University history professor Carrol Quigley revealed that in his 1960's work Tragedy And Hope, even pointing to British socialists allied with Communism, and those British socialists forming a group called the Round Table, with an American version founded in the early 1900's in the U.S. called the Council On Foreign Relations. Quigley himself admitted he was allied with their goals and was one of them, and that they had allowed him to preview their 'secret records' for over 2 years. Now if you can counter that witness, you'd be a miracle worker.

God's Word is very clear about a coming false messiah that is to work great signs and wonders and miracles in the sight of men, and that he will set himself up in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God, the same sin that Satan did in the beginning.

Apostle John revealed that specific false messiah ("antichrist") is different than the idea of the "many antichrists" which serve that false one.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
True, the "one world government" concept is one from internationalist-socialists, not from Islam. But Islam is being used to help bring it.

Hi Veteran,

I don't discount that satan has many irons in the fire. But rather than relying on various view points and perspectives, wouldn't you be better served assessing the Scriptural basis?

So I'll ask once again, -- Is there an end-time "divided" empire, and is it a consortium of Arab nations? If the answer is yes, then you may have some substance to your doctrine. However, if the answer is something else, then you may not have as strong an argument. In fact, a simple analysis should reveal virtually no basis for any Islamic theme in the soon anticipated one-world-government.

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Veteran,

I don't discount that satan has many irons in the fire. But rather than relying on various view points and perspectives, wouldn't you be better served assessing the Scriptural basis?

Your last statement is an assumption that I've not been following the Scriptures. You have not proven that.

So I'll ask once again, -- Is there an end-time "divided" empire, and is it a consortium of Arab nations? If the answer is yes, then you may have some substance to your doctrine. However, if the answer is something else, then you may not have as strong an argument. In fact, a simple analysis should reveal virtually no basis for any Islamic theme in the soon anticipated one-world-government.

You mean you're not aware of the alignment of nations God gives in Ezekiel 38 involving Islamic states that come upon Israel in the last days? - Libya, Persia, Togarmah (Turkey), Gomer (northern area above Iraq), Tubal (Toblisk - Russia), Ethiopia (most likely Sudan, which used to be part of old Ethiopia).

Need I mention the Balfour Declaration of 1917?

And today, what nations are allied against the state of Israel? Syria, Iran, Libya, radicals in Iraq, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen, Sudan, Turkey, not to mention many other nations in Asia and Africa that are primarily Muslim. One would have to literally have their head in the sand to not be aware of that.

Who backs those radicals militarily? Russia, Red China, and even Socialists in the West (Standard Oil is making contracts with Syria, and Syria has Russian advisors, and communists in their own parliament).

When Israel invaded Lebanon a couple of years ago because of attacks by Islamic extremists, Russia sent a portion of its navy down to ports in Syria, and they sent missiles to radicals in Lebanon. Communists are allied with radical Islam that wants to destroy Israel. That's a matter public knowledge, those facts out there are plentiful, so I'm not going to provide multitudes of links here.

So, is that proof AGAINST the forming of a "one world government" over all nations, including Islamic nations? No, it is not, because there are now some Islamic clerics that say allowing the Jews to build their temple on the Temple Mount might be OK, as long as it does not conflict with their mosque that's already there.

As for the idea of a "one world government", I don't have to prove the existence of that plan to anyone. It's public knowledge too, within many statements and articles of diplomats and American statesmen, going back to the 1900's even. All I have to do is say, "United Nations" and "global goverance". Even President Truman suggested the idea of 'world government" in his speeches. One would have to be quite daft to not realize that movement. Carrol Quigley, Georgetown University history professor, and history professor to Bill Clinton who endorsed him, covers the plans for world government quite a bit in his work Tragedy And Hope.