How do Christians learn to sear their conscience?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about that! Maybe God did NOT want me to say anything back to them. We are not to even sit and eat with them! I still lift their church leaders up in prayer to open their eyes, to be convicted deeply...
""I did not cotton to their world view." Boy, that sure takes me back." Lol, we're old!
Technically speaking, the righteous churches of God are to ostracize those openly sinning in works of the flesh, in order to keep the spirit and lamp of the church clean and bright, but in your case, as well as my own in the past, we are just to flee Babylon and leave them to themselves.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

This of course also confirms that the last days have been here, since the time of the apostles. Great tribulation for the saints is in three distinct ways: temptations to continue sinning, lying hypocrisies of false teachers, and finally persecutions to repent of righteousness from false brethren, or persecutions to deny Jesus Himself by the world.

Reactions: Nancy

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another lying doctrine that does the same as preforgiveness of all future sinning, is that Christians are no more condemned while sinning in the flesh.

It's part of the soul-separation hypocrisy, that says the body keeps sinning, but the soul is not longer judged and condemned for it.

So, if we are not judged as sinning, but only our bodies, then we did not sin, but only our bodies. And since we did not do the actually sinning, but only the body, then there is no need to confess the sin from the heart and soul on behalf of the body.

This of course results in a seared conscience of rejecting any conviction on our soul, with any need of confessing from the heart and be forgiven and restored by Jesus.

It's one of those mystical lying wonders Scripture speaks of.

If we are not condemned for anything, then we have not sinned, and so we need not confess anything we do, as though we sinned and need be forgiven by Christ.

Like the preforgiven lie, we would become unbelievers, if we even thought we were condemned of the body's sinning, and so need confess it with godly sorrow.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another lying doctrine that does the same as preforgiveness of all future sinning, is that Christians are no more condemned while sinning in the flesh.

It's part of the soul-separation hypocrisy, that says the body keeps sinning, but the soul is not longer judged and condemned for it.

So, if we are not judged as sinning, but only our bodies, then we did not sin, but only our bodies. And since we did not do the actually sinning, but only the body, then there is no need to confess the sin from the heart and soul on behalf of the body.

This of course results in a seared conscience of rejecting any conviction on our soul, with any need of confessing from the heart and be forgiven and restored by Jesus.

It's one of those mystical lying wonders Scripture speaks of.

If we are not condemned for anything, then we have not sinned, and so we need not confess anything we do, as though we sinned and need be forgiven by Christ.

Like the preforgiven lie, we would become unbelievers, if we even thought we were condemned of the body's sinning, and so need confess it with godly sorrow.
Getting a glimpse of God's forgiveness is something out of the box altogether. It cannot be compared to how humans see forgiveness .....which is measured and calibrated and filtered through their egos......and packaged like a formula.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Technically speaking, the righteous churches of God are to ostracize those openly sinning in works of the flesh, in order to keep the spirit and lamp of the church clean and bright, but in your case, as well as my own in the past, we are just to flee Babylon and leave them to themselves.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

This of course also confirms that the last days have been here, since the time of the apostles. Great tribulation for the saints is in three distinct ways: temptations to continue sinning, lying hypocrisies of false teachers, and finally persecutions to repent of righteousness from false brethren, or persecutions to deny Jesus Himself by the world.

I think this country is lousy with false teachers. Even those in the same church can't agree on stuff. I too believe the last days started since the Apostles time specifically, when Jesus ascended to The Father.

Reactions: PinSeeker

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think this country is lousy with false teachers. Even those in the same church can't agree on stuff. I too believe the last days started since the Apostles time specifically, when Jesus ascended to The Father.
@Nancy Shows how earnest, daily prayer and the Scriptures are so essential.....

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shows how earnest, daily prayer and the Scriptures are so essential.....

To doing good always and not evil at any time.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Let me show you how that works..
Notice your verse says...>" depart from THE faith".
So, that is a specific understanding of "THE Faith". = "faith without works"... "justified by faith". "to him that believeth, faith is counted"... as Righteousness.

Paul says to make sure you are in THAT Faith.
Jude says to "contend for the REAL faith".

"THE FAITH" is to understand that JESUS is Salvation, and if you have Him in you, you are IN THE FAITH.

A seared Conscience Believer, born again, has lost real faith in Christ, to the point, that they believe that trying to stay saved, is faith in Christ.

Understand?

Here is how they sound..

"yes, i know that Christ saved me.........BUT.......>>BUT.....>Now, i have to do this, and do that, and here is my LIST... that includes commandment keeping, water baptism, trying to hold on, enduring, and works, works, works, works, and more works" = "let me talk only about my Self MADE Righteousness".

See that?
Their FAITH is in "what i must do", yet they will say that this is them TRUSTING IN CHRIST.

See that?
That is "fallen from Grace", and a believer can get to the point that they are so faith destroyed that they actually believe that doing things, works......is trusting in Christ.
When they get there, there is no way back to real faith, because they are "subverted within themselves" Paul teaches....

Titus 3:10

and Paul says to let them go, as they crossed a spiritual deception line, into such self righteousness, that its past repentance.
= Deception has literally become such a stronghold in their mind that it can't be broken by : "lest the light of the Glorious Gospel should shine into them".
You are absolutely correct!!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Scripture says we must do works of faith to be justified by Christ, and doing those works of Christ can only be by the faith of Jesus.

Therefore, the examples you give against works by faith alone, would apply as a 2-sided coin of lying hypocrisies against Scripture

They say doing works of faith causes us to depart from the faith, and doing the greater will of Christ causes us not to trust in Him.

And so, such Christians that believe they must not do the great works Jesus prophesied of, that would justify with Christ, must sear their conscience of any faithful desire and will to do so.

This is so they will not be found disbelieving the greatest lie of all, that only faith without works is alive, faith with works is only self-justification, and doing the greater works of Jesus is only pride.

It's not exactly the lies I was thinking of, but it's one for sure. Thanks. Do you have any others?
Here is the problem for Christians attending the churches of "church-ianity", that they don't understand. The question is:.....
Who IS DOING the "works of faith" through you?
Is it Jesus, or is it you yourself that is doing the works?? What I mean is, are YOU signing yourself up for THEIR works for YOU to do, within their denominational structure of WHAT they think a church should be doing,
or are YOU patiently WAITING for God to bring His works of faith for you to do in His time.
Many do their righteous deeds to be seen of others.

Don't forget, just because a person is doing works by faith in the Laity or the Clergy of a denomination, that DOES NOT mean that they or the works that they initiate are of God. The parable of "the wheat and the tares" explains all of that.
Let God choose you for the work that He wants you to do for others.
Rom.12[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

All who do service for others unto God, basically are never seen or known by others, that such a work is being done or has been done!
Matthew 25:31-40.

Matt.6[3] But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know WHAT thy right hand doeth:

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shows how earnest, daily prayer and the Scriptures are so essential.....

To doing good always and not evil at any time.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.
And of course, what you are pointing to is that which makes our "calling and election sure", which is the very Character of God THE Father, dwelling WITHIN the very Being and Spirit of Christ, Who IS IN ALL, who are Born again of Christ's Spirit. Romans 8:8-9.

2 Peter 1[3] According as his divine power hath GIVEN unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
[4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be PARTAKERS of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
[5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
[6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
[7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
[8] For if these things [the fruit of THEIR Holy Spirit] be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge [full discernment] of our Lord Jesus Christ. John 14:23, John 17:5.

The above is not anything that a person can self generate for themselves, but rather how much we have submitted ourselves to Him (Romans 12:1), whereby He consumes us more and more each day, having ever less in that which we seek for ourselves, for there are many Christians who continue to walk in the character of their flesh (Galatians 5:19-21), and not in the Character of His Spirit. Galatians 5:22-26

Last edited:
Reactions: robert derrick

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who IS DOING the "works of faith" through you?
Is it Jesus, or is it you yourself that is doing the works?? What I mean is, are YOU signing yourself up for THEIR works for YOU to do, within their denominational structure of WHAT they think a church should be doing,
or are YOU patiently WAITING for God to bring His works of faith for you to do in His time.
Many do their righteous deeds to be seen of others.
It is we doing good hand in hand with Jesus. It is we doing evil hand in hand with the devil.

We are judged as being with Jesus or the devil, by what we do.

We don't boast for doing good, because all men ought do good anyway, but we certainly are condemned for evil we do, because no man should do evil and not good.

Everything else is just spiritualized philosophy.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How do Christians learn to sear their conscience?"

By giving heed to "doctrines of demons" like, Jesus isn't God and Hell fire isn't eternal.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

People judge people.

What God does, is offer righteousness in place of our sin. "The GIFT of Righteousness". "The GIFT of Salvation".
If we have this, we are born again, and there is no judgment coming our way after we die.
Why not?
Because the judgement due us, has killed Christ on the Cross 2000 yrs ago.
God has Judged JESUS already for our sin, in our place.
This is why the born again meet God as FATHER, and not as eternal judge.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is we doing good hand in hand with Jesus.

The same good you can do before you are saved, is of the same value of the good you do, after you are born again.
Its nothing but a work., a deed, a self effort.
Nothing more.

"God saved us. It was not because of any good deeds that we ourselves had done, but because of his own mercy that God saved us, """

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is we doing good hand in hand with Jesus. It is we doing evil hand in hand with the devil.

We don't boast for doing good, because all men ought do good anyway, but we certainly are condemned for evil we do, because no man should do evil and not good.

Everything else is just spiritualized philosophy.
Jesus gave us the living example of "works" that are done through us, that are of God, and that are ordained of God.
John 14[10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the WORDS that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the WORKS.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consciences are most certainly caused by repeated sinning as well as false teaching.
Last week, I visited a church for the second Sunday. They had a big community cook out for the whole community, not just the church. While trying to talk to people (no easy task) I saw a husband and wife who goes to a church I visited back in the Springtime. That church was not teaching the whole council of God and even condoned some sins so...of course I left there. Anyhow, when speaking to these two, they wanted to know why I left their church and I told them I needed more hard hitting, Christ centered teaching and I did not cotton to their world view. The husband kind of laughs and say's, "well, as they say, we all have our pet sin"!!!! My mouth just about hit the ground. Someone else came up and started to speak with them so, I simply said have a good day. I WISHED I would have said something like, oh really? So, Jesus, having been crucified, beard ripped out, the skin on His back ripped off, spit at, reviled was all so you could hold onto your pet sin??! Wow, There will be so many so called leaders of the church's going to hell in a handbasket. It was a very sad and shocking moment for me.
Consciences are most certainly caused by repeated sinning as well as false teaching.
Last week, I visited a church for the second Sunday. They had a big community cook out for the whole community, not just the church. While trying to talk to people (no easy task) I saw a husband and wife who goes to a church I visited back in the Springtime. That church was not teaching the whole council of God and even condoned some sins so...of course I left there. Anyhow, when speaking to these two, they wanted to know why I left their church and I told them I needed more hard hitting, Christ centered teaching and I did not cotton to their world view. The husband kind of laughs and say's, "well, as they say, we all have our pet sin"!!!! My mouth just about hit the ground. Someone else came up and started to speak with them so, I simply said have a good day. I WISHED I would have said something like, oh really? So, Jesus, having been crucified, beard ripped out, the skin on His back ripped off, spit at, reviled was all so you could hold onto your pet sin??! Wow, There will be so many so called leaders of the church's going to hell in a handbasket. It was a very sad and shocking moment for me.
"Behold" is doing a fine job of revealing to all that each and everyone of us who come to Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, is for that very reason. From that point, we are to ask for the Gift of His Holy Spirit, so that Jesus and God the Father, who is within Jesus, comes with Jesus, so that both can abide within us TOGETHER as One,.....permanently. Luke 11:13, John 14:23, Revelation 3:20, Ephesians 4:30.
It's not about our righteousness, but rather His, and both God the Father and the Son together, abiding within us, are the vehicle of it.
Romans 8:8-9.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Behold" is doing a fine job of revealing to all that each and everyone of us who come to Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, is for that very reason. From that point, we are to ask for the Gift of His Holy Spirit, so that Jesus and God the Father, who is within Jesus, comes with Jesus, so that both can abide within us TOGETHER as One,.....permanently. Luke 11:13, John 14:23, Revelation 3:20, Ephesians 4:30.
It's not about our righteousness, but rather His, and both God the Father and the Son together, abiding within us, are the vehicle of it.
Romans 8:8-9.
Or rather we are the vehicle for them now, even as Jesus was the chosen vessel of the Father:

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

As Jesus lived int he days of His flesh, so does His flesh and bones today.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.