How Do I Worship Almighty God In Spirit And In Truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do i worship ALMIGHTY GOD in spirit and in truth. Can any one tell me how?
Sweet question and welcome here, judd. :)

I am no authority.
How I do it is by listening to His clues, I guess.

By Being still and knowing He is God. ---By making that time special for only Him - I acknowledge Him and wait for Him.
What Lover doesn't want the same.

By focusing on the things above and not on the earth.
By inwardly in my heart and spirit honoring His words to us - not worrying about a thing, being anxious about nothing, consciously
casting my cares as I was told to. Deeply in my spirit - giving Him all my burdens -every single one.

I could go on - but to live in the truth is to live deeply (in the spirit) in absolute trust and knowing that I am in the presense
of the Almighty and He within me.
Honoring Him deeply with thankful thoughts (prayers as unceasing as I can )

By doing all of the above the secret of this life has been given to me - and all of us.
That abundance is why He came - for us to enjoy this life and the hereafter - to be closer
to the truth of who we are - joint heirs with Him in the Kingdom of God...to close the gap between us and our Father.

I sat yesterday at a bar with 30 friends - all said how good I looked- one said - you look like you are in bliss just sitting there.
I said, "I'm very happy". Another said," I want your job, why are you so happy?"

I have the answer of this life - I know the secret that is not secret, but right under every one's nose...the secret?

Do everything Jesus said to do.

Sorry, I digressed.

:) Miss Hepburn

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Yup, simple...
(1) RECEIVE the Holy Spirit - the experience is detailed in Acts 2:4, 33-39

(2) Join a church like Jesus set up, there you will meet people who are worshipping as God wants, being taught of God, having his peace, love and understanding.

(3) allow the Holy Spirit to teach you personally throughg praying in the Spirit (in tongues) to tune you into God and no longer relying on men's books.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Can't be done, nope. I tried it many times, doesn't last. There's this warring thing going on all the time, the spirit against the flesh and the flesh against the spirit. It's awfully time consuming. So, maybe I don't mean it can't be done, its just awfully hard to make any headway sometimes. A few steps forward a few steps back. All I can say is that I wouldn't know Him at all if He hadn't first given me His Holy Spirit-without my permission I might add-as an earnest. I mighta spent years lookin' in books and churches, if I'd have even cared, to see if I could find Him, much less worship Him.

I am really, really dependent on Him for everything, especially worshiping Him in spirit and in truth. I've come to the conclusion that if Christ weren't in me, Who knows the Father intimately, there's very little chance I'd have the guts to offer my body a living sacrifice unto God, to let Him beat me, treat me, heal me, chase me, corner me, rebuke me, break me, mold me, change me, and all other manner of diminishing

There really is too, too much going on between me and Him, Him trying to conform me to His Sons' image constantly, and me talking back to Him about it all. I really don't know how to worship Him in spirit and in truth. I wait for the Spirit of God to search out the things in my soul that need adjusting, and respond to those inner promptings that line up with my knowledge of Him. That takes up alot of time. It's a job in itself.

I am tremendously thankful to Him for so many things, some large and some smaller, I spend alot of time thinking about that kinda stuff. How it would be without His hand in my life's affairs... Don't like the thought too much. Kinda hate it....

It's humiliating to be in this crummy body when I know what He has lined up for me in the next age. I want to soar to heights of exaltation and roar His name in the clouds, but I can't..not physically anyway. I'm just waiting though, someday it will come. Some day I will be changed. All of us will be. You wait, you'll see...
fivesense

ronniechoate34

Mar 9, 2010
Worshiping in spirit and truth requires a walk in the spirit and not the flesh. Also faith in the unerring Word of God is required in order to worship in truth. Worship in the truth means not allowing the doctrine of devils to pollute the truth.